Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

Disregard, it was Woody Newton after I got a closer look. Talked to him for about 5 mins. Great young man. Parents were really nice as well.
No probs. We all look alike...
/jk (is that how you do it?)

Brewster highlights from 1st game. Kadary looks like he likes to distribute the ball. Didnt look too aggressive looking for his offense but he didnt have to be. Clarke dominated and the competition wasnt very good. Little defense played and just up and down scoring. Kadary is going to be a stud. Big kid that can handle and distribute the rock!

Brewster highlights from 1st game. Kadary looks like he likes to distribute the ball. Didnt look too aggressive looking for his offense but he didnt have to be. Clarke dominated and the competition wasnt very good. Little defense played and just up and down scoring. Kadary is going to be a stud. Big kid that can handle and distribute the rock!

The more I see him play, the more convinced I am that he is going to play PG for Syracuse. He is talented enough to be a 2 but with his skill set, you want the ball in his hands more. I think he is going to be our best PG since the days of MCW and Ennis.

The more I see him play, the more convinced I am that he is going to play PG for Syracuse. He is talented enough to be a 2 but with his skill set, you want the ball in his hands more. I think he is going to be our best PG since the days of MCW and Ennis.
I agree

The Brewster team is stacked and very impressive. Surprised that Kadary is ranked at 100 or 101 given the talent that the team has with Clarke, Cross, Mashburn, Langford and the rest. Kadary definitely has talent and passing skills That are worth mentioning. Am surprised that he gets any shots with the different scorers on the team. I believe that he is probably the 4th or 5th scoring option on that team.

Syracuse will be happy with him on the roster.

Fully agree on all of that. JB's teams seem to perform best offensively with a PG with Kadary's skill set. As you mentioned, we have not had this since MCW and Ennis. Actually, KR reminds me a little of MCW, might be even a better creator for others.

I will not be surprised to see Kadary rocket up the rankings. We need to lock him up in the early signing period.

Fully agree on all of that. JB's teams seem to perform best offensively with a PG with Kadary's skill set. As you mentioned, we have not had this since MCW and Ennis. Actually, KR reminds me a little of MCW, might be even a better creator for others.

I will not be surprised to see Kadary rocket up the rankings. We need to lock him up in the early signing period.

Glad to hear your assessment on Richmond, B -- I'm very impressed with his skill set, as well.

This type of assessment coming from a coach such as yourself carries a lot of weight.

I don't think Kadary is quite the athlete that MCW was, but I think he is a better shooter and I like his handle better too. I think next years class will be a game changer.

That's what he was recruiting for.....

Interesting...

So our backup plan for Andre (who was mostly a 3 here) was a kid who will mostly be a 1?
KR wasn't really a forward back up plan...he was next in line to get a scholarship offer. We don't have the ships to offer a lot of folks, so there is a pecking order. Andre would have been a luxury, a good one but a luxury and he would have been a different type of forward for us. He would have been disturbing A LOT in our offense and setting guys up.

KR wasn't really a forward back up plan...he was next in line to get a scholarship offer. We don't have the ships to offer a lot of folks, so there is a pecking order. Andre would have been a luxury, a good one but a luxury and he would have been a different type of forward for us. He would have been disturbing A LOT in our offense and setting guys up.
Kadary Richmond is like the DJ LeMatieu of Syracuse Basketball. Can easily play effectively at 3 different positions.

Kadary Richmond is like the DJ LeMatieu of Syracuse Basketball. Can easily play effectively at 3 different positions.
MG clone...I can see the same situation happen with him. We want him to be a forward but out of necessary, plays the pg

Seems fundamentally sound. Unselfish. Not flashy. So he doesn’t wow me, but he looks like the kind of guy that will fill a stat sheet.

not a fan of his j.

Seems fundamentally sound. Unselfish. Not flashy. So he doesn’t wow me, but he looks like the kind of guy that will fill a stat sheet.

not a fan of his j.
Tough crowd. Really disagree.

Again heresay but FWIW, the coaches are extremely happy he kind of fell in their lap, and they are pushing for him to sign early. It was mentioned more then once that they hope he doesnt BLOW up in rankings and he leaves the door open as just committed and could de-commit. I’M NOT SAYING IT’S GONNA HAPPEN but there is a fearful thought.

Also, they are a little unsure on JC’s future unfortunately (they are unsure he can be tbat lead guard we need, he hasnt progressed like they have hoped) and with a three headed monster of BG, JG3 and K, they are content on that. Now, JC is going to get every opportunity according to my source but yeah...
2nd part....