Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

Oof you don’t think JB knows his kids? Jimmy is a worse athlete than Buddy; not only that but Buddy has an elite skill that Jimmy doesn’t have.
Jimmy is a different player than he was a recruit he grew 2" in college, but the point is Buddy is a Guard and Jimmy is Small Forward.

I don't believe we will need any guards playing SF next year, basically Woody will take Hughes spot (not necessary his minutes) and Kadary would take Carey's spot.

Goodine is a very very good player. He hasn’t met expectations because he hasn’t been allowed to. JB decided he was going with the big shooters. Goodine needs to transfer which is something I never say about a player. He’s more than a spot minutes player. He’s our best defensive guard by far and our best guard at getting to the basket. Pretty good shooter too even if the stats don’t show that. He’s the most athletic too.
Agree with most of this. Goodine is gonna be a great player for us, and no he shouldn’t transfer. JB needed someone to play PG this year and Joe was ahead of Goodine in that regard. But JB needed to get Joe lots of playing time so he’d feel more comfortable in that role. Goodine will be the third guard next season. He’s a very good shooter— just needs to get comfortable—and will be more comfortable playing PG after getting stronger and working in the off season. He’s our most athletic guard other than Jalen and our best defensive guard.

He is not doing it in the games. He should be playing over Washington, but he is not pushing the ball or attacking off the dribble.
He played well the last two games that he got any minutes (when Washington was injured). I think JB’s making a mistake playing Howard over Goodine as the third guard, but that’s just my opinion. Howard gives you no scoring threat. He’s simply a steady PG who knows the spots and slides in the zone. Goodine can actually make plays (if given enough minutes) and hit 3s.

I can see the defense and athleticism and the potential to be a good shooter stuff.

I haven’t seen the getting to the basket thing yet. He just looks a little stiff off the dribble at this point, to me.

Not sure why he can’t be the third guard, getting 8-10 mpg at both guard spots next year though if he’s that good?
He scored twice off the dribble making quick moves to the basket in the two recent games where he got playing time.

It's somewhat similar to what we saw with Jalen his first year and then saw his confidence just erode away. I'm not sure our record if they were given more of a shot but it makes you wonder. Brycens talent offensively is better than Jalens and defensively it's close. Have to be able to get a feel for the games to be productive and not just mop up duty or emergency only.
this is where I disagree with JB on his practice comments. You have to get these high level kids playing time in actual games.

He played well the last two games that he got any minutes (when Washington was injured). I think JB’s making a mistake playing Howard over Goodine as the third guard, but that’s just my opinion. Howard gives you no scoring threat. He’s simply a steady PG who knows the spots and slides in the zone. Goodine can actually make plays (if given enough minutes) and hit 3s.
Washington has the best +/- on the team, but Goodine is a more well rounded player. I hope Goodine gets some minutes tonight, but he needs to drive the ball.

hey, you’re speaking to the choir. But I don’t see that happening with joe and Buddy. I just don’t.
JB is nuts if he thinks 38-40 minutes for Joe and Buddy is the way to go for the next two years. Joe and Buddy at the top of the zone is contributing to our worst defense in 20 years. Brycen needs to play more, at least by next season. He’s our best defensive guard and a much better athlete.

If you just look at the players coming in next year and players believed to be leaving we will be a bigger team next year.

Woody will be more ready to play as a freshmen than Guerrier was this year. Because of the competition Woody has faced in high school compared to Guerrier.

Kadary is a guard he doesn't forward now on a team that is a lot shorter than we will be next year.

If JB plays Buddy at the SF than he is an idiot for not recruiting Jimmy who is actually a SF and a far better one than Buddy.
I’d take the Cornell degree and stay. His long term future is not in basketball.

Keeping in mind all the caveats that come with highlight reels no one should think this kid is any worse than Andre Jackson.

Andre Jackson is a sick athlete who couldn't make a jump shot. We've had too many of those over the years. The best of them eventually learn how to make a jumper (e.g., Dave Johnson).

His left handed finishes will translate day one...the ability to finish with both hands at his size will be a game changer especially when we can space the floor with shooters.
Is he likely the third guard next year? Or is it Goodine or Carey? What do people think?

I agree that JG3 may not be the best pg or defender that we have had at SU but I have not seen Washington, Carey and or Goodine offer anything better.

Is he likely the third guard next year? Or is it Goodine or Carey? What do people think?

I might be alone in this thought process, but I kinda see him as the "3rd guard" like Mali was.
Mali was technically the 3/SF for us, but in reality, he was the 3rd guard in a 3 guard lineup.

(so - not 1st guard off the bench to sub for JGIII or Buddy)

Clearly not a plug and play replacement* for Eli by any means, but I think his best odds of early PT are at the 3 next year.

(* which assumes Eli is leaving. Which, he is. He gone.)

I believe he should starts at PG. I think JG3 has been great but he is a SG in my option. Having Joe come off the bench allows for maximum flexibility, as he can come in for either Buddy or Kadary, but Kadary will probably come off the bench for Joe every time Joe takes a shot JB doesn't like.

Guerrier and Marek start at forward with Newton or Braswell off the bench.

Center let's see what happens.

We would be 6'-6" at the guards 6'-8" or taller on front-line.