Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal to St Johns

Jim will have the forwards bring the ball up on man press because they have a weaker defender not because they are better ball handlers than the point.
We use to have point guards that any coach would crazy to press. Jonny Flynn, Scoop, MCW, etc.

The fact that we are being pressed so much tells you we are not making teams pay for pressing us.

That wasn't what you said. Doesn't matter. I expect Richmond to play 15 minutes at most next year and compete for the 3rd guard spot. Who knows. He may even be behind Goodine.
Being a basketball fan doesn't mean you understand the game...

We use to have point guards that any coach would crazy to press. Jonny Flynn, Scoop, MCW, etc.

The fact that we are being pressed so much tells you we are not making teams pay for pressing us.
We have been doing this for a long time. Owens , Coleman, Wallace and many more.

We don't have a back-up guard so there will be not real competition.
howard washington, brycen goodine, jalen carey, kadary richmond all going
obamawtf.gif

We have been doing this for a long time. Owens , Coleman, Wallace and many more.
That is not the point. The point is we are not making teams pay for pressing
howard washington, brycen goodine, jalen carey, kadary richmond all going
View attachment 177151
Kadary is far better than the other 3...far

Call me on it if I'm proven wrong next year...

I mean if Kadary is better than other players he’ll play over them it’s that simple. We don’t know how good he’ll be at the college level (especially as a freshman) just like we didn’t know how any other recruit would be. We also don’t know how well our players that will still be here will be next year.

Better defense leads to transition baskets, easy points.

The problem with our defense is we are not stopping teams and we are not getting turnover or enough turnovers.

I see that team getting 23-24 wins. Buddy getting 15, Joe getting 12 off the bench where he can focus on scoring.

Might win that many if Hughes returns (he won’t) or we land an impact transfer. If not, there’s no chance.,

It's a good thing that people don't ever overrate recruits on this here internet fan forum.
This is the worst place for it. I argued with posters here for the last two years when I said Tyus wasn’t an NBA player. And guess what ...

Haven’t seen too much to make me think Carey wont be the back up 1 and/or 2 next year should he return. Joe being the 1 and Buddy being the 2.

We do this same song and dance annually with guards.

Haven’t seen too much to make me think Carey wont be the back up 1 and/or 2 next year should he return. Joe being the 1 and Buddy being the 2.

Carey has a better chance of being a lottery pick than this take. OMG

Richmond is going to be a fine player for Syracuse.

But it’s probably not going to be in 2021.

Skill wise you might be correct. But between Goodine, Washington and Kadary - the chance is high that Carey ends up leaving. Even if HoWash leaves, Carey will be BATTLING Goodine/Kadary for about 12min total of PT per game. He’s gone IMO

Skill wise you might be correct. But between Goodine, Washington and Kadary - the chance is high that Carey ends up leaving. Even if HoWash leaves, Carey will be BATTLING Goodine/Kadary for about 12min total of PT per game. He’s gone IMO
Kadary’s not played a second in a game. Lets see him first before we set unrealistic expectations like we did for jalen and brycen

Kadary’s not played a second in a game. Lets see him first before we set unrealistic expectations like we did for jalen and brycen
Jalen is a top 50 recruit who most likely could go to an A10 school and start instantly. Or he could spend his final years of college eligibility playing behind 2 guards who will most likely get 32+mpg each while he battles for the remaining PT with 2 other top 100 recruits

Jalen is a top 50 recruit who most likely could go to an A10 school and start instantly. Or he could spend his final years of college eligibility playing behind 2 guards who will most likely get 32+mpg each while he battles for the remaining PT with 2 other top 100 recruits
None of those numbers matter. What was Buddy ranked? What was Joe ranked? These top 100 guys are supposed to be better. Let's see them earn PT at the Melo Center.

I hardly ever post on the basketball side, but my bet is on the following lineup for 2020-2021 if everyone (minus Hughes) returns:

Girard, then Carey
Boeheim, then Richmond
Guerrier, then Braswell
Dolezaj, then Newton
Sidibe, then Edwards

In this scenario Richmond and Braswell battle for minutes ...I love Braswell if he is healthy ...and I love Richmond if Braswell can't go

HoWash, JBA and Goodine continue to get limited minutes

I hardly ever post on the basketball side, but my bet is on the following lineup for 2020-2021 if everyone (minus Hughes) returns:

Girard, then Carey
Boeheim, then Richmond
Guerrier, then Braswell
Dolezaj, then Newton
Sidibe, then Edwards

In this scenario Richmond and Braswell battle for minutes ...I love Braswell if he is healthy ...and I love Richmond if Braswell can't go

HoWash, JBA and Goodine continue to get limited minutes

Ajak will be in the mix at center