Class of 2020 - G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 G Kadary Richmond (NY/Brewster Academy) Portal

Because kids want to play and JB is notorious for playing 7-8 guys at most?
This is why we need to develop an off-court culture that can retain players. I think the player-staff relationship makes a difference in convincing a player to stay even if he's not getting a lot of PT. The assitants matter, but the head man who makes all the decisions matters more so. Think about the relationship you have with your boss. If your boss is cold, rough around the edges, and everything is strictly business are you likely to stick around if other opportunities come along?

I mean how else do we explain North Carolina always getting their guys to stay?

Last edited:
That is not the point. The point is we are not making teams pay for pressing

Kadary is far better than the other 3...far

Call me on it if I'm proven wrong next year...

He's done nothing to prove that. All of the guys on the SU roster were the best in their region/state in high school. It's a whole new game at the college level. Pump the brakes.

This is why we need to develop an off-court culture that can retain players. I think the player-staff relationship makes a difference in convincing a player to stay even if he's not getting a lot of PT. The assitants matter, but the head man who makes all the decisions matters more so. Think about the relationship you have with your boss. If your boss is cold, rough around the edges, and everything is strictly business are you likely to stick around if other opportunities come along?

If they transferred out they would have to go to class.

It’a FAR too early in Carey’s career to write off an athletic scorer like this. Let him develop. Let Goodine develop. Hopefully we let Richmond develop.

First off he cant score , either at the rim or outside. So athletic scorer is more than a stretch. He's developing into a nice teammate right now and that will help him next year on his new team. If he stays here and beats out Kadary , he will have improved more than any other player we've had and I will eat crow and acknowledge to you that I was wrong. But I wouldn't hold my breath. At this point he cant shoot,score, pass or dribble.

Let me count the ways. :)

(Plus, last season they lost 2 one-and-dones.)

Last edited:
Now that is a good point. With another 2020 recruit, someone would have to leave. But as it stands right now, we are at 13 scholarships
They're currently at 14 scholarship players for next season. One over the line. When Hughes leaves, that's 13 at the limit, assuming no more come in for 20-21. SU currently has feelers out to at least two 5th year seniors and has hosted at least one of them. So it's likely that 1 or 2 more leave the program for whatever reason.

He is a very good scorer, having a handle doesn't make you a point guard. I like him but he is at his best when he is looking to score.

There is a reason Hughes brings the ball up against the press and plays point forward at the end of the game.

JG3 is more efficient off the ball.
Has shown off some very creative passing off the bounce the last two weeks or so. Might have agreed with you in December, but not now.

Has shown off some very creative passing off the bounce the last two weeks or so. Might have agreed with you in December, but not now.
LOL! He played off the at least half of the game yesterday.
The 3 3s he made in a row were off the ball catch and shoot 3s.

He had 1 assist and 5 TOs

I like him, I just think he is a 2g...that's his game IMO

LOL! He played off the at least half of the game yesterday.
The 3 3s he made in a row were off the ball catch and shoot 3s.

He had 1 assist and 5 TOs

I like him, I just think he is a 2g...that's his game IMO

If that is who he is - then next year just took another blow to expectations.

Reminds me a bit of scoop, hard to move off ball and craft. Bigger, better version hopefully
Kadary led Brewster to a co NC at the prep school championships. Brewster got to the final and was going to play against PSA (who beat Woody’s Mt Zion team earlier in the tournament), but the finals were canceled by the pandemic.

It is a shame. Kadary was going to be named the best player in the tournament. He has the potential to be the best penetrator we have ever had at Syracuse.

Kadary led Brewster to a co NC at the prep school championships. Brewster got to the final and was going to play against PSA (who beat Woody’s Mt Zion team earlier in the tournament), but the finals were canceled by the pandemic.

It is a shame. Kadary was going to be named the best player in the tournament. He has the potential to be the best penetrator we have ever had at Syracuse.
Ever? That's pretty lofty. I hope it's true.

I wish I could like this 10000 times

If he shoots it well from 3 he won't be around for his sophomore year...

That is quite some hype.

Reminds me of the talk all summer about where Guerrier would appear in the lottery
Not from me I was never impressed with Guerrier coming out of high school, and while I think he can have good college career his game is not well suited for today's NBA

Kadary's game if his jump shot develops is prototypical for today's NBA. positionless basketball he will be able to play 1-3 and has a pro body now.

Except Pearl, you mean. :)