Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m super late on this bandwagon, but we’re looking at him as a 3 right? Sorry I know it’s a dumb question

I’m super late on this bandwagon, but we’re looking at him as a 3 right? Sorry I know it’s a dumb question
There are no dumb questions.

We’re both easily the best b-ball program on that list and by far the closest program to his hometown. Two nice things to have going for us.
I agree...I'm no insider at all but have been following this recruitment pretty close and I would have to think we are in the driver's seat here. I would be shocked if hes not orange. Like u said, we are in a league of our own compared to those other schools. Oregon is nice and shiny but I still dont see it. They have a good Canadian pipeline like we do but we are the nearest option for Q to play near home and for family to come see games. Hes already been on a visit and seems to be friendly with current players on social media. I like our chances here. Just gotta seal the deal and deliver the knockout when he sets up his officials in August from the sounds of it.

I agree...I'm no insider at all but have been following this recruitment pretty close and I would have to think we are in the driver's seat here. I would be shocked if hes not orange. Like u said, we are in a league of our own compared to those other schools. Oregon is nice and shiny but I still dont see it. They have a good Canadian pipeline like we do but we are the nearest option for Q to play near home and for family to come see games. Hes already been on a visit and seems to be friendly with current players on social media. I like our chances here. Just gotta seal the deal and deliver the knockout when he sets up his officials in August from the sounds of it.

Not sure if I am confident enough to say I would be shocked if he is not orange, but a few advantages for us. Namely the fact that a fellow Canadian who happens to play his position is poised to jump to the league in a year. Come in, practice against OB for the second semester, and compete to take his spot the following season. Seems logical. He says he wants to redshirt the Jan-19 semester. Not sure I get his logic behind that as most kids want to get on the court asap, but certainly fits with our current situation. But as we all know, logic doesn't always matter in the recruiting game...

Last edited:

I think its a good and very important question. We have Goodine in the fold and if we close on Girard then we have 2 guards locked down for the '19 class. Even if Guerrier comes in half way through this year he is planning on redshirting so it would basically put him in the 2019 class as well. In addition we will likely still have Buddy, Howard Washington and Carey returning. So does the staff see him as a 3, a 2/3, a 2?

I think its a good and very important question. We have Goodine in the fold and if we close on Girard then we have 2 guards locked down for the '19 class. Even if Guerrier comes in half way through this year he is planning on redshirting so it would basically put him in the 2019 class as well. In addition we will likely still have Buddy, Howard Washington and Carey returning. So does the staff see him as a 3, a 2/3, a 2?
In 2016 he was 6'6 with a 6'10 wingspan. I'm guessing he's bigger now, and with another year of physical development is a solid 3 at the college level. Truly is a KJ clone imo.

In 2016 he was 6'6 with a 6'10 wingspan. I'm guessing he's bigger now, and with another year of physical development is a solid 3 at the college level. Truly is a KJ clone imo.

More OB thank Kris Joseph. KJ, for all his strengths, was a mediocre at best rebounder. He was a good slasher but not particularly strong. From my understanding, Quincy is a strong, athletic wing with a solid developing shot, who likes to get at it. Sounds much more like OB to be. Although not sure he is as good off the bounce.

I wish we didnt retire jerseys. Offering kids Melo’s number would be big.

Dion isnt quite that big.

I think Q is pretty solid off the bounce. Hes physically mature already and will play alot like OB. Plays aggressive and has a good although still developing outside shot. Latest press out there have him listed as 6'7 I believe. Idk what the thinking is from our staff but I think he would be a 3 in our system like OB or Mali.

"Quincy Guerrier can make instant impact this year
One of the more unique recruiting situations involves Quincy Guerrier. The class of 2019 prospect is planning to enroll at a college for second semester, and he is proving quite clearly that he is capable of being a major factor at the high-major level from day one.

While it is never easy to come in mid-stream and make an immediate impact, Guerrier is the type of natural scorer with length who can give it a shot, and probably be somewhat successful doing it.

Oregon and Arizona State are the two schools talked about the most right now with Guerrier, and both have a scholarship open, and could benefit from his presence this upcoming season. –Snow"

Not a fan of the last paragraph, but I still believe we are in good shape here.

"Quincy Guerrier can make instant impact this year
One of the more unique recruiting situations involves Quincy Guerrier. The class of 2019 prospect is planning to enroll at a college for second semester, and he is proving quite clearly that he is capable of being a major factor at the high-major level from day one.

While it is never easy to come in mid-stream and make an immediate impact, Guerrier is the type of natural scorer with length who can give it a shot, and probably be somewhat successful doing it.

Oregon and Arizona State are the two schools talked about the most right now with Guerrier, and both have a scholarship open, and could benefit from his presence this upcoming season. –Snow"

Not a fan of the last paragraph, but I still believe we are in good shape here.

Ehh dislike that last paragraph as well...I know hes real good buddies with Luguentz Dort at ASU.

Are you suggesting we offer this kid Melo’s number? Sorry, but if we ever brought it out of retirement, I’d want to see it offered to a game changing recruit (top 10). I’d love to get this kid, but suggesting to offer him #15 is silly.

I thought the only number to be retired (i.e., never to be used again) was #44 in football. The others are retired jerseys, not numbers. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.