Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My man, Q! I say bring him in early...

From Jerry...
"A 6-foot-7 small forward with physical strength, Guerrier was a consistent high level scorer throughout the adidas event. He average 25.4 points per game in five games played with 21 points being his lowest output in a game. Guerrier also averaged eight rebounds per game. The biggest story concerning Guerrier, however, is that he is planning to graduate in December and begin playing collegiately second semester of next season.

Recruiting: Florida, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Maryland, Syracuse, Xavier and others"

this could be one to watch...he is close with luguentz dort who is playing here this year.

From Jerry...
"A 6-foot-7 small forward with physical strength, Guerrier was a consistent high level scorer throughout the adidas event. He average 25.4 points per game in five games played with 21 points being his lowest output in a game. Guerrier also averaged eight rebounds per game. The biggest story concerning Guerrier, however, is that he is planning to graduate in December and begin playing collegiately second semester of next season.

Recruiting: Florida, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Maryland, Syracuse, Xavier and others"
Wow, enrolling early is a game changer. Sounds like he has grown into the small forward position now too, which opens up more opportunity for immediate playing time once he enrolls in college.

I'm not sure that him reclassifying to 18 is good news for us. Would think another school is pushing that option.
Absolutely. Why would he come in mid-season to Syracuse with no guaranteed PT when he can basically go star elsewhere right away?

If he's a potential one-and-done talent, then this makes it even less likely he comes here.

Now, if he is planning on being at school in 2019-2020, then yes, we would be a strong, strong option since he can take over for Oshae.

From Jerry...

Crazy -- I've never heard of anything like that in college basketball.

Didn't the kid from Ct that went to kentucky just do the same sort of thing?

That's right -- although they brought him in not to play, but essentially just to practice -- that whole situation was very weird. But you are right -- I'd forgotten about Diallo.

this could be one to watch...he is close with luguentz dort who is playing here this year.
If we get beat out by Arizona State for this kid after recruiting him for a year, we got problems. I can deal with losing a recruit to Duke, UNC or Kentucky but not all these programs who’ve been offering him the past two weeks.

If we get beat out by Arizona State for this kid after recruiting him for a year, we got problems. I can deal with losing a recruit to Duke, UNC or Kentucky but not all these programs who’ve been offering him the past two weeks.
What if we have held off from taking the kid for some reason.

What if we have held off from taking the kid for some reason.

Unless he won't qualify that would be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. We are a team that can't shoot that turned down a shooter :confused:

Unless he won't qualify that would be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. We are a team that can't shoot that turned down a shooter :confused:
Well first, you have heard dumber things. But not many. And I have heard that is exactly what has happened so far. That may not be true but I have heard it. I would take this kid and never give it another thought the rest of my life. And keep going after the other guy as well.

Well first, you have heard dumber things. But not many. And I have heard that is exactly what has happened so far. That may not be true but I have heard it. I would take this kid and never give it another thought the rest of my life. And keep going after the other guy as well.

That is very frustrating to hear.:(

That is very frustrating to hear.:(
Good thing we're loaded at forward, have a ton of shooters and have a big class coming in!

It'll be really interesting to see what happens with our 2019 class in the coming months. We all see the glaring holes and roster needs. Will they be filled any time soon, or are we going to see another post-season scramble?

If this is the case I truly give up trying to understand our recruiting strategy, cause it seems like there really isn't one.

The only possibility is that we're recruiting another wing guy (Whitney) that might have similar (better) skills? Just throwing that out there.

The only possibility is that we're recruiting another wing guy (Whitney) that might have similar (better) skills? Just throwing that out there.
This seems very logical but with how much we have been missing on our top targets (or at least seems like we are) I think it would be wise on the staffs part to take a guy like Guerrier if he wants to come here. Do we really want another Quade sitauation.

Status
Not open for further replies.