G Tech opens -1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

G Tech opens -1

Just took a look at the Georgia Tech- Georgia State game...GA State had THREE 1st and Goal situations in the game and only scored 3 points off of those drives. We will be able to score on this team. If we get even an average defensive performance, I'll feel very good about this one

Just took a look at the Georgia Tech- Georgia State game...GA State had THREE 1st and Goal situations in the game and only scored 3 points off of those drives. We will be able to score on this team. If we get even an average defensive performance, I'll feel very good about this one
they had
first down at the one and didnt score
first down at the three and got a FG
first down at the nine and didnt score

you would expect 13 pts hope for 21 and got 3.

GSt gave them the ball at the 20 and GT had the big explosive pass play for 2 scores.

they had
first down at the one and didnt score
first down at the three and got a FG
first down at the nine and didnt score

you would expect 13 pts hope for 21 and got 3.

GSt gave them the ball at the 20 and GT had the big explosive pass play for 2 scores.

It will be interesting to see how FSU looks tonight too. Might provide a better idea of how good or bad they are and some reference for GT. DJU missed a lot of open receivers where big gains were there for the taking. Then you see how they faired vs a GST team.

Also this is a GST team that was picked in the bottom 2 of the SBC this year preseason( which we all know doesn’t always play out)

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how FSU looks tonight too. Might provide a better idea of how good or bad they are and some reference for GT. DJU missed a lot of open receivers where big gains were there for the taking. Then you see how they faired vs a GST team.

Also this is a GST team that was picked in the bottom 2 of the SBC this year preseason( which we all know doesn’t always play out)
Castellanos is a dual threat and could give FSU fits. I'll be watching.

We have to stop their running game. That's the whole game right there.

On the flip side, they have to stop our offense in general. I doubt it will be but it could be like that Pitt game in '16.

As much as we need to be able to stop them running, that's not the game IMO. They have to stop us too, I'm not sure they can stop us anymore times than we stop them.

On the flip side, they have to stop our offense in general. I doubt it will be but it could be like that Pitt game in '16.

As much as we need to be able to stop them running, that's not the game IMO. They have to stop us too, I'm not sure they can stop us anymore times than we stop them.

It's easier to sell out to stop the run than sell out to stop the pass IMO.

If GT plays very light, then hand it off to Allen/Nixon/Willis

Meanwhile ATT fighting with Disney so ESPN is dark this evening :(
You mean DirecTV. The only connection to ATT anymore is the billing.
So no ESPN and no ACC Network for you and me.

I don't think they can stop us. We're going to score 30-35 on them, at a minimum.
Unless they can run the ball and eat up the clock.
Their defense still seems vulnerable. If we make them pass, their QB is not as good as Shrader.

I think we put up a lot of points and the defense plays better. Watching both Tech games they left guys open in the secondary a lot. The key will be time of possession, we need to get off the field on D. We should sell out to stop the run and if King beats us so be it. We need as many possessions as possible. Ohio beat us in time of possession which can’t happen this week because they likely won’t have to settle for a bunch of field goals.
Their pass defense is not that good. I think that’s a good matchup for our pass offense.

It will all come down to how much we can improve our run D and how much we can score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom