Ga Tech fires Josh Pastner / hiring Damon Stoudamire | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech fires Josh Pastner / hiring Damon Stoudamire

This is why the Thrashers are coming back and will be in Alpharetta, not Atlanta. Because.
Really? Awesome! I can break out my Thrashers jersey! Those were some fun times at Phillips Arena back in the 90s.

You mean to tell me that you’ve never had the chicken strips from Boomers in Marietta? Man, you’re really missing out, so I’m told.

th

You mean to tell me that you’ve never had the chicken strips from Boomers in Marietta? Man, you’re really missing out, so I’m told.
I absolutely am.

Not even a debate really.

Years ago I worked for a company with headquarters and R&D in the Atlanta area. We’d have customers up from Brazil a couple times a year, and they ALWAYS wanted to go to Cheetahs. I spent many a night there watching the tab grow and thinking “how in the hell am I going to expense this”?

Key point is: when your reputation is so broadly known people a continent away are aware of it - that’s pretty impressive.
Really? Awesome! I can break out my Thrashers jersey! Those were some fun times at Phillips Arena back in the 90s.
I had thrashers season tickets and would wear an atlanta flames jersey because I couldn’t get on board with a competitor to the flyers. Like most in the building, we were thrashers fans except for when they played the team from where we grew up! Those fans would make up 30-40% of the crowd for good hockey towns. Frustrating how the owners completely fd the team/city. Make the playoffs ONCE, get blown out in the first round…and sell off the assets like you achieved something.

GaTech is one of those schools where I can't figure out why they're not demonstrably better, other than always hiring dumb coaches.

ACC member on a pretty campus in ATLANTA, which is one of the more desirable cities in the country. Seems like they have nice facilities too.

Someone should be able to build a program there, but its been almost 20 years since they were any good.

Because they're not able to cheat anymore.

Pretty much, it's a simple as that.

I had thrashers season tickets and would wear an atlanta flames jersey because I couldn’t get on board with a competitor to the flyers. Like most in the building, we were thrashers fans except for when they played the team from where we grew up! Those fans would make up 30-40% of the crowd for good hockey towns. Frustrating how the owners completely fd the team/city. Make the playoffs ONCE, get blown out in the first round…and sell off the assets like you achieved something.
They need to bring back Jay Bird and my buddy Carl who did the PA.

I absolutely am.

Not even a debate really.
Quick aside. I was teaching at a private school in the Atlanta burbs when a few of us teachers were talking about the tornado that came by. I said that I was shut in the Macy’s at the Town Center Mall. Michelle commented that she was working the door at Boomers. We were nonchalant about it but after she walked away my buddy turns to me and says, “Working the door my ass.” And that was the day we found out the kindergarten teacher was moonlighting as a stripper.

Quick aside. I was teaching at a private school in the Atlanta burbs when a few of us teachers were talking about the tornado that came by. I said that I was shut in the Macy’s at the Town Center Mall. Michelle commented that she was working the door at Boomers. We were nonchalant about it but after she walked away my buddy turns to me and says, “Working the door my ass.” And that was the day we found out the kindergarten teacher was moonlighting as a stripper.

She hot?

Years ago I worked for a company with headquarters and R&D in the Atlanta area. We’d have customers up from Brazil a couple times a year, and they ALWAYS wanted to go to Cheetahs. I spent many a night there watching the tab grow and thinking “how in the hell am I going to expense this”?

Key point is: when your reputation is so broadly known people a continent away are aware of it - that’s pretty impressive.
Easy - you expense it because the credit card bill is from Alluvia. A “steak house”.
Ironic then that NCR - with big operations (prvisoiy) in Brazil (São Paulo and Manaus) is now HQ right across the street….

GaTech is one of those schools where I can't figure out why they're not demonstrably better, other than always hiring dumb coaches.

ACC member on a pretty campus in ATLANTA, which is one of the more desirable cities in the country. Seems like they have nice facilities too.

Someone should be able to build a program there, but its been almost 20 years since they were any good.
They may take academics a little more seriously than other ACC schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom