Ga Tech Game Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Game Thread

How can you say that after TT game. He played offense and played good defense. He lets up some crap but overall he isn't less of a liability. That can only happen to robbey. I don't understand how but it does.

TT can play point guard? I stand corrected.

In other news:
The Russell Westbrook Mountain Dew commercials are cool.

The call was bad but our pathetic performance for most of the second half is why we lost. This is a borderline NIT team minus the 5 game winning streak, which is quickly becoming a memory.
And 2 of those wins were "lucky" 3 pointers, one to tie the game in regulation, the second to win a game. You are right. This team digs itself into ridiculous holes by playing horrible basketball and then makes incredible rallies to make it close.

They call that screen at the end of the game, yet Lydon got held and pushed out of bounds at the end of the Louisville game. This official is also the official that made the call out of bounds off Lydon that was reversed.
Thought so. He needs to lose games for being that terrible.

Gillon was terrible tonight. You can't make any other logical case.

He was awful, I'm not debating against that. Just don't think Howard's any better. If we're going to come back Frank isn't bringing us back, only chance is Gillon hitting some threes. Has to stay out there.

These plays don't happen in a vacuum. Gillon and Lydon were terrible for almost the entire game. A game where we were thoroughly outplayed by Tech save for a few quick-scoring minutes with AW and Howard. I'm happy for them that they scored a few buckets to cut the deficit at the end. A deficit they were almost entirely responsible for generating.

If it was the case he wouldn't be wrong but it's not how it played out. It was a bad call, throwing Gillons name and faulting him when it shouldn't have been brought up doesn't really do anything other than show his Gillon hate that's been known for about 6 pages of this thread.

I do absolutely take offense at the word hate. It isn't hate and I'd appreciate it if you were more careful with your language. I don't think he's a good fit for this program. Period. It was a mistake to bring him in. He's just too damn short to play the top of the zone..

TT can play point guard? I stand corrected.
You said Roberson is in the game because it is all we have. They should put in TT until he fouls out. Will probably be quick but they are seeing bad plays come from Roberson. I want him I be good but just isn't there.

Gillon was terrible tonight. You can't make any other logical case.
Dude, everyone was. IDK how everyone doesn't see it. TT played well in the first half. Other than that basically no one had a good game. Coaching.

Hate to say it, and I'm sure some people around here will be happy to hear it but if he does I'm done for the year. One of the worst coaching seasons for JB in his history, lots of talent on this team and he still hammers a guy more than anybody who barely plays.

Roberson while not living up to expectations has always put his effort out there and has never caused trouble. Doesn't need the treatment anymore.
I will be right there with you. Would lose all respect for JB if he rips Robey again.

He was awful, I'm not debating against that. Just don't think Howard's any better. If we're going to come back Frank isn't bringing us back, only chance is Gillon hitting some threes. Has to stay out there.
Frank had just as many threes made tonight I think. And played defense.

I put the most blame for this season on JB.
Battle and Thompson with White/Gillon/Lydon/Roberson should be a no doubt NCAA tournament team.
We have sucked.
The pyramid falls on the top.
We make the same mistakes, our half court offense is laughable. We take the press off when it was getting turnovers.
Coaching has been subpar.

Players throw the ball away dude. Gillon is fine. He has no coaching to maximize his abilities. Can you answer how we cant produce hardly any open looks in the half court?

Gillon has his moments, but he ain't great defensively and that's half the game. You can pick on JB's offense, but nobody in the ACC has scored against Tech there.

I do absolutely take offense at the word hate. It isn't hate and I'd appreciate it if you were more careful with your language. I don't think he's a good fit for this program. Period. It was a mistake to bring him in. He's just too damn short to play the top of the zone..
I don't know if he's a good fit for the program but can you imagine this team with Howard playing 30+ minutes a game the way he has played against ACC teams? And absolutely no backup PG? Gillon unfortunately has limitations but he is the best PG we have.

Battle and Thompson with White/Gillon/Lydon/Roberson should be a no doubt NCAA tournament team.
We have sucked.
We make the same mistakes, our half court offense is laughable. We take the press off when it was getting turnovers.
Idk it's tough to point the finger. This is a tournament team, but these guys are all basically new to our zone and it showed early in the season. It's tough to just throw a team together right before the season.

We have sucked.
Subpar... It stinks. Say it what it is.

Gillon has his moments, but he ain't great defensively and that's half the game. You can pick on JB's offense, but nobody in the ACC has scored against Tech there.
Our offense was 30 minutes tonight was pathetic. The last 5 minutes of each half we made runs. White made 3 3's in a row in first half and in the second half we didn't give the ball until 10 minutes went by.
Our offense was perimeter passing jacking 3's or Lydon struggling with shots.
A C level offensive performance wins tonight.
We were D/F for 3/4s of the game.
We run awful sets.

We NEED to have Tyler Lydon be on the perimeter and be looking to overload the zone like we were doing at times in the 1st half, with him trying to move around so much he really can't get open and get in good positions, we get back into the zone quickly and D up as well, when you have Gillon in and he's not feeling confident you have Battle who isn't exactly the best catch and shoot guy and then White who is going to be the focal point of the zone and get collapsed on, having Lydon in a more stationary position or trailing the play needs to be utilized if you want his skill set to be used properly. I just don't understand why he's not the 2nd option on the offense behind White, Gillon can't figure out who he's playing against I mean Lammers is lengthy and times his jumps well and he thinks he can draw a foul but tonight it wasn't happening, make an adjustment Gillon.e

Lock up Howard Washington now. Pray that Battle & TT stay. Hopefully add Ayala and get him to reclassify. We will be the middle of the pack ACC team and probably an at-large with that squad. Less new pieces will help

Thompson took 21 shots to Lydon's 11. I get that Thompson is a decent offensive player but Lammers ate his lunch.

SU looked like they were flummoxed by a zone defense.

Thompson took 21 shots to Lydon's 11. I get that Thompson is a decent offensive player but Lammers ate his lunch.

SU looked like they were flummoxed by a zone defense.
Thompson was about the only SU player who was aggressive on offense. There were definitely some poor shots taken but when a player scores 18 points with 12 rebounds and 0 TOs, I'll take it. Okogie, who came into the game with more hype, had 13 points on 3-9 shooting, and 6 rebounds, and 3 TOs. I agree with you on SU attacking the zone defense. They looked lost most of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom