Ga Tech Game Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Game Thread...

I'm sorry guys but all those who keep saying we are much improved... no. Just no. This game is being played at Ivy league level. Hard to get excited for this snoozer.

We're playing a real road game, let the final clock sound before you get so thoroughly disappointed.

He's bringing on the criticism. What is he Chris doing well? NADA.
What has anyone done well other than our 2 stars? Zip. All our role players are garbage today.

Again I ask, who put in the Christmas twin? This can not be the same guy. How can he suddenly come up with all of these smooth moves with both hands?

Finwad32 said:
So much more talented than GT. so frustrating to watch.

We've had far more talent than any team we've played this year and maybe more than any team we play the rest of the year outside of Duke. It's very very frustrating.

We're playing a real road game, let the final clock sound before you get so thoroughly disappointed.

Wins or losses are what matter obviously, but looking at the quality of this team. We are playing the very bottom of this league right now and look equal to them.

However. .. it's can't be dismissed that this is a huge down year for alot of teams so the committee will have a tough time finding worthy teams.

Love the jump shot at the end. Incredible improvement by Rak., and he looks like he wants to play and can play in the league.

What has anyone done well other than our 2 stars? Zip. All our role players are garbage today.

The thing is CM in not a role player. We need this kid to contribute. Or at least make his damn free throws....

Who's the impostor wearing McCullough's uniform? Good grief he's awful. The real McCullough must already be in the NBA.

njcuse said:
Again I ask, who put in the Christmas twin? This can not be the same guy. How can he suddenly come up with all of these smooth moves with both hands?

He actually gets the ball now. I'm not saying he didn't have any sort if improvement but he literally didn't touch the ball last year, and nobody improves THAT much in 6 months.

He actually gets the ball now. I'm not saying he didn't have any sort if improvement but he literally didn't touch the ball last year, and nobody improves THAT much in 6 months.

:) well said!

It pains me a bit to type this, as I try to avoid overtly negative statements about our players, but McCollough is all but useless to this team right now. Just bad.

Buddy just text me. Blame Coach for these head games criticism of McCullough for McCullough struggles.

Didn't know what to say back.

CuseHulk said:
I hope u are right. But your not him or in his inner circle. And all the talk is he's been telling he one n done from the start.

Good luck to him.

He won't play a minute in the NBA next year.

Two things:

Xmas looked gassed from the 6:00 mark on, why JB didn't sit him at around 4:30 and get him some extra rest with the TV timeout is beyond me. He was clearly laboring - and had a couple bad defensive lapses (foul, blow-by) that resulted from it. Nice shot at the end though!

Cooney is playing well, but he doesn't seem to grasp the point of the pick-n-roll at all. The roller can be wide open and 90% of the time he never even looks back to make the pass. Just dribbles off into nowhere - someone needs to explain the concept to him!

One thing I have noticed about our defense this year is that we aren't getting into traps. We would get half a dozen corner traps, or 'balls up' traps in a normal game in recent years, but not this year. We are losing out on some turnover and fastbreak opportunities and also giving confidence too opposing shooters because they don't have the thought of being trapped in their heads as they catch the ball This could be to the lack of wingspan at the top of the zone, but it just looks like our wings are too slow and Cooney is tired often.

I think Cooney has to hit a few shots for us to win this game. I'd sign up for 3-7 from three in the second half. Threes in this game a huge because of the offensive woes out there.

We had a weird backcourt lineup out there for a short time with Kaleb and Buss. I'm not sure I like that combo at all.

I'm sorry guys but all those who keep saying we are much improved... no. Just no. This game is being played at Ivy league level. Hard to get excited for this snoozer.
Sheesh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom