Ga Tech Game Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Game Thread...

It's not a wide margin but it might be him. A shame we didn't use him for 3 years. And no, he didn't magically get better.

until mid last year he didn't play the 5 and he had to look over his shoulder for the pull

life for Rak is better this way

Cmac is unwatchable right now. My god

I'm not one to bad mouth one of our players but it's getting obvious that his head is not in the game. I don't get it.

Chris is an enigma wrapped in a puzzle. The book about low motor and being soft is playing out to be right on the mark. He is nowhere even remotely ready to play in the NBA. It's questionable as to whether he is ready to play college ball with any semblance of impact. There can be no doubt that he has an abundance of promise and talent but it's just not happening out there with him right now.

If ever there was a kid who could benefit from an additional year of college ball... it's CM.

It pains me a bit to type this, as I try to avoid overtly negative statements about our players, but McCollough is all but useless to this team right now. Just bad.
H8r

she gone
Youre probably right but my question is : to where?
I'm sorry guys but all those who keep saying we are much improved... no. Just no. This game is being played at Ivy league level. Hard to get excited for this snoozer.
very good assessment but you have to keep in mind, this year half of college bball is being played at a HS level

Last note- When is the last time the zone has been this packed in??

Wins or losses are what matter obviously, but looking at the quality of this team. We are playing the very bottom of this league right now and look equal to them.
it's a conference road game against a team that beat SU in the Dome last year, and the best team they have faced since Nova, before the holidays

CM did have the longest extended run over the past ten minutes in a long time. He didn't do much, but at least he was involved. He has to play through this stretch if we want to improve as a team. KJ has two really nice passes in the last five minutes. The transition pass to G and the penetration and kick to Rak to end the half. Those are good signs. If we could have finished better early, we could have a 7-8 point lead. I would like to see us slow down in the half court and not just settle for shots, but set teammates up for easy shots. If we rebound we can get out on the break. The key is to rebound on the defensive end. We need to make them earn every point and not give them anything easy or from the foul line. Someone needs to step up and have a big second half.

cliftonparksufan said:
I'm not one to bad mouth one of our players but it's getting obvious that his head is not in the game. I don't get it.

Maybe when your coach pretty much calls you garbage after every game when you're putting up 15/8 isn't really the best motivational tool.

TBCuse11 1250049 said:
Say.. that's correct.
It thats correct then it doesn't say much about Chris.

Good luck to him.

He won't play a minute in the NBA next year.

Although you or someone else said Christmas had that mindset coming in as a freshmen until he realized he wasn't as good and ready. I don't think it would take McCullough 4 years to become that player though.

CuseHulk said:
Buddy just text me. Blame Coach for these head games criticism of McCullough for McCullough struggles. Didn't know what to say back.

This is the way he played when I saw him, so JB has nothing to do with it.

He'll be a good player...after he leaves SU or in another year or two if he stays.

Even hits the go ahead from above the line just before the half...

Buddy just text me. Blame Coach for these head games criticism of McCullough for McCullough struggles.

Didn't know what to say back.
JB's comments are nothing compared with the pressures (from fans, national and local media, and team owners) of playing professional sports (NBA).

Xmas,
#1. Didn't finish well with the left last year.
#2 could go right last year but not left well, now he goes both ways.
3. Didn't make those hook shots on plenty of atempts last year.
4. Didn't have a good jumpshot from 12-15 out either
5. He also uses his body better not just more then last year.
Hes our best dribbling big since wallace. No offense to AO, who was very good back to the basket.

I really think we need to press for a few minutes to start the half. First, we have to put the ball in the basket. We need to up the tempo and finish in transition...and get Cooney going from deep.

We're playing a real road game, let the final clock sound before you get so thoroughly disappointed.
Really want to see a Cuse run early in this half and then see them defend a lead.

CuseHulk said:
You really think when all said and done he will be back ?

Hey, he can do whatever he wants.

But he's not even remotely ready.

I expect GT to put the pressure Defense on us, we need to respond guys!

Xmas,
#1. Didn't finish well with the left last year.
#2 could go right last year but not left well, now he goes both ways.
3. Didn't make those hook shots on plenty of atempts last year.
4. Didn't have a good jumpshot from 12-15 out either
Hes our best dribbling big since wallace. No offense to AO, who was very good back to the basket.

Eh, he shot .613 from the field last year - they weren't all dunks. :)

If Christmas started a game last year like this one - he wouldn't be playing much, and wouldn't probably have a field goal attempt the rest of the game. Never got much of a chance to showcase his skill set. Whatever it was then...

orangefan13 said:
Xmas, #1. Didn't finish well with the left last year. #2 could go right last year but not left well, now he goes both ways. 3. Didn't make those hook shots on plenty of atempts last year. Hes our best dribbling big since wallace. No offense to AO, who was very good.

Sorry, he averaged less than 4 shot attempts a game and shot 61% from the field. He didn't finish left because maybe he had the opportunity once every few games?

Yes, he made plenty of hook shots last year, just because he missed a game winning one doesn't mean he's bad at them, it's just easy to remember the one he missed, not the many he made when the score was irrelevant.

CuseHulk said:
Although you or someone else said Christmas had that mindset coming in as a freshmen until he realized he wasn't as good and ready. I don't think it would take McCullough 4 years to become that player though.

Maybe not.

I did say that about Rak. True story.

CMc is being humbled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors