Ga Tech TV: Noon. RSN. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech TV: Noon. RSN.

acc network extra(espn app or desktop) wll have it as well with no blackout
So I will get it. It won’t be blacked out on my espn plus through the espn app (streaming tv)

So it appears if you have the DIRECTV sports pack and live in the CNY area you can watch the game now and it won't be blacked out? Or am I understanding this wrong
Not necessarily. You'll still may have to wait and see if it's blacked out. I've found that just because the game is being carried on the channels in the sports pack doesn't mean it isn't blacked out in my area...NC.

Holy crap this thread is crazy.

For those screaming about the SID not doing their job, is this what you're looking for?

This was posted the morning of the game -- as is STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE. Gives you the direct link to listen, watch, live stats, any way you want to follow the game.

There is also a thing called a schedule here: 2020 Football Schedule - Syracuse University Athletics

Navigating this page, it gives me a link to click on to "WATCH" which takes me to ESPN3. Georgia Tech vs. Syracuse (Football) | Watch ESPN

It also has TV: ACC RSN listed, with a "RSN AFFILIATES" link here: RSN Football Affiliates: Georgia Tech at Syracuse - Atlantic Coast Conference

That shows you what stations will be showing the game.

Any questions?

I agree, and even shouldn't be on the AD, but rather the pr department at a school famous for its pr and communications programs. At the end of the day...What? During these times why do we not have a super team focused just on helping fans see the product!!!????? Come on now...

It is currently Wednesday. The game is Saturday. The information is readily available on the website. It will be posted on social media to maximize the viewership when people are thinking of watching the game. My goodness.

imagine one day where SU has an AD with some knowledge of how this works and actually took the time to make a clear web page that explained it for people.. someday

We shouldnt be hoping some random forum gets read by the right person at one of the tv stations and figure it out.. There are only about 10 major ways to get these games OTA/Streaming,its not that hard to contact the right people and get clear answers.. the NFL doesnt confuse us like this.. Oh Wait..

SIDs this is their job

This is ridiculous. It is Wednesday. The information is on the website. Stop calling people out who are doing their job - a job that is much more nuanced than you even have a clue to think about.

This is ridiculous. It is Wednesday. The information is on the website. Stop calling people out who are doing their job - a job that is much more nuanced than you even have a clue to think about.
I think I have a knowledge of how it works pretty well. Real sure I have had discussions with people about this stuff at a level way higher than most anyone on the board over the years. 100% sure on that.
Contracts and programming issues have not changed, much just the distribution mechanisms have evolved with the tech changes.

not sure who i called out?

you show me where on the website it says who can watch where in anything more than general terms. bottom line its all about coding zip codes for these companies into the programming. the good thing is that some of the mistakes dont happen nearly as often and most people dont live in areas that had uncorrectable mistakes as much any more because those usaally dont fixed until well after the games in question are over.

I think I have a knowledge of how it works pretty well. Real sure I have had discussions with people about this stuff at a level way higher than most anyone on the board over the years. 100% sure on that.
Contracts and programming issues have not changed, much just the distribution mechanisms have evolved with the tech changes.

not sure who i called out?

you show me where on the website it says who can watch where in anything more than general terms. bottom line its all about coding zip codes for these companies into the programming. the good thing is that some of the mistakes dont happen nearly as often and most people dont live in areas that had uncorrectable mistakes as much any more because those usaally dont fixed until well after the games in question are over.

I am 100% sure I have a better idea of how that job functions than you. But I'm not here to start a pissing war.

I just ran through all of your issues above. Please read my post with every single piece of information you and anyone else asked for.

Editor's Note: I do not work at SU nor do I know anyone in the athletic communications office at SU.

You keep saying it is Wednesday like everyone needs to not worry I hate to break it to ya people make plans around these games and if it's not as simple as turning to a TV channel then many people have to make plans in some instances to figure out how to watch. And with so many changes this week (on ESPN3 but not ESPN Plus, some Fox sports App most normal people have never used, blackouts on RSN's depending on where you live even though its on the guide...etc) with this thing it has been clear as mud trying to figure it out!! Ok, so don't try and make it out as its so simple and everyone needs to relax and calm down.

It's been so confusing that Wildhack had to go on TV to clear it up and try to explain things. Rules have been lifted mid-week and changed.

And we can call out people doing their job because this week they have done their job poorly trying to explain this to the general public. So before you take this snotty attitude talking down to people step back and realize this is confusing stuff and the information has been changing daily all week and people are just looking for simple clear cut answers. And there haven't been any all week.

Have a nice day!

You keep saying it is Wednesday like everyone needs to not worry I hate to break it to ya people make plans around these games and if it's not as simple as turning to a TV channel then many people have to make plans in some instances to figure out how to watch. And with so many changes this week (on ESPN3 but not ESPN Plus, some Fox sports App most normal people have never used, blackouts on RSN's depending on where you live even though its on the guide...etc) with this thing it has been clear as mud trying to figure it out!! Ok, so don't try and make it out as its so simple and everyone needs to relax and calm down.

It's been so confusing that Wildhack had to go on TV to clear it up and try to explain things. Rules have been lifted mid-week and changed.

And we can call out people doing their job because this week they have done their job poorly trying to explain this to the general public. So before you take this snotty attitude talking down to people step back and realize this is confusing stuff and the information has been changing daily all week and people are just looking for simple clear cut answers. And there haven't been any all week.

Have a nice day!

yea what is up with this AD. JW should be knocking on my door and explaining to me the difference between espn+ and watch espn. And don’t even get me started on ACCN Extra. What even is that? It’s not like we have played early season basketball games on there since we joined the league. Which was ... checks notes ... before he was even AD.

can’t wait for mobile ticketing

yea what is up with this AD. JW should be knocking on my door and explaining to me the difference between espn+ and watch espn. And don’t even get me started on ACCN Extra. What even is that? It’s not like we have played early season basketball games on there since we joined the league. Which was ... checks notes ... before he was even AD.

can’t wait for mobile ticketing
You missed my point (and FYI not everyone watches early season baskebtall games). The point is this information can be confusing to some and not to talk down to people who are simply asking questions. That's it

You missed my point (and FYI not everyone watches early season baskebtall games). The point is this information can be confusing to some and not to talk down to people who are simply asking questions. That's it
I think both sides are right. Technology can be maddening but the info is usually out there to have a success...but Murphy's Law has all killed us when we get earlier games going into overtime, black outs, preempted, cable or Dish outages and finally when some employee at some random point didn't code or switch something and we get screwed out of a game.

but your point was that they were doing their job poorly. I can see lots of complaints that could be valid against our AD, but some people not understanding how to stream sports doesn’t really seem like a failure of our AD. I don’t look down on those people that are confused, but I don’t get how that gives them a right to call out our AD.

I am usually at the home football games, but I have to imagine we have had a ton of FCS home games on streaming only, so even if you don’t follow basketball...

I think more people on here are upset that our home opener, in the brand new dome, that we can’t go to in person, won’t be on regular TV and that we have to jump through hoops to watch it.

As a young season ticket holder I find it annoying I have to find it on a stream rather than turning it on to my projector in the basement.

For an older person who doesn’t readily know the technology in and out I can see why they also would be so frustrated.

I am 100% sure I have a better idea of how that job functions than you. But I'm not here to start a pissing war.

I just ran through all of your issues above. Please read my post with every single piece of information you and anyone else asked for.

Editor's Note: I do not work at SU nor do I know anyone in the athletic communications office at SU.
not sure what posting links to random sites does to make it easier to follow.
a twitter post showing some random links ?
cuse.com?

first this is upstate NY and think about the avg SU fan then ask yourself

how many use Twitter?
how many use facebook?
how many know cuse.com exists?
how many know how to stream to any of this stuff even now?
how many watch the new or read the paper these days..

And none of those links matter to someone if they dont know what their RSN is and if they are not Yankee fans most would never know where it is on their TV system

my 80 yr old IN-law just want to watch the game and have no clue about any of this. If the market was all 22 yr old kids thats a great way to let them know. So great we are helping 2% of the SU fanbase out.

This is a board, by the fact people are on here, that has some idea on use of tech and yet all week its been questions and confusion and more confusion. So if the hard core fans are confused the other 90% are confused or will be at noon on SAT when they get around to looking for the game..

people expect the game to be on their normal TV channels and it wont be. others expect it to be on their RSN cause by your own links there it is on YES and it wont be. After that its a muddled mess.

there are about 10+ ways for people to have access to watch, dont tell me that the Communications cant figure it out for every one of them or most of them. And once you do it for any single game its cookie cutter for most of the rest if the games all yr..

So
if you have youtube TV its X,Y,Z
if you have directv its x,y,x
if you have spectrum its x,y,x
if you have FIOS
if you have streaming only.

what channel, what time, is it TV is it streaming
handle it for NY state which will be 90% of the SU viewing market first.
worry about other states later.

communication is their job, dont push it off to other sites communication efforts.

Last edited:
not sure what posting links to random sites does to make it easier to follow.
a twitter post showing some random links ?
cuse.com?

first this is upstate NY and think about the avg SU fan then ask yourself

how many use Twitter?
how many use facebook?
how many know cuse.com exists?
how many know how to stream to any of this stuff even now?
how many watch the new or read the paper these days..

And none of those links matter to someone if they dont know what their RSN is and if they are not Yankee fans most would never know where it is on their TV system

my 80 yr old IN-law just want to watch the game and have no clue about any of this. If the market was all 22 yr old kids thats a great way to let them know. So great we are helping 2% of the SU fanbase out.

This is a board, by the fact people are on here, that has some idea on use of tech and yet all week its been questions and confusion and more confusion. So if the hard core fans are confused the other 90% are confused or will be at noon on SAT when they get around to looking for the game..

people expect the game to be on their normal TV channels and it wont be. others expect it to be on their RSN cause by your own links there it is on YES and it wont be. After that its a muddled mess.

there are about 10+ ways for people to have access to watch, dont tell me that the Communications cant figure it out for every one of them or most of them. And once you do it for any single game its cookie cutter for most of the rest if the games all yr..

So
if you have youtube TV its X,Y,Z
if you have directv its x,y,x
if you have spectrum its x,y,x
if you have FIOS
if you have streaming only.

what channel, what time, is it TV is it streaming
handle it for NY state which will be 90% of the SU viewing market first.
worry about other states later.

communication is their job, dont push it off to other sites communication efforts.

I'm not sure what you'd like to happen. Should John Wildhack have to go over to your in-law's house and set up the streaming service for him?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom