Galasso leaves UNC | Syracusefan.com

Galasso leaves UNC

if he plays like he did his freshman year, it will be a great addition. If he plays like last year, it's still a good addition. Sounds like he is a very good student. Either way it's a plus for the Orange.

I believe SU recruited him originally but he chose UNC.
Everyone recruited him out of high school. IMO cuse is definitely an option with our needs on offense and history of success with transfers but you never know. Hofstra out of the picture is a good sign.

I would not say Hofstra is out of the running. He may say it is too close now, but I think there is just as good a chance he ends up there as anywhere else. Without any knowledge of the situation I would guess that umass, Rutgers, Hofstra, SU and NY tech would be the most obvious choices. If I were a betting man my money would be on UMass based on the number of LI players and Coach Cannella's roots.

In addition, just because SU is in the same state doesn't mean it is close for his family. There are plenty of schools in Philly/MD/DC corridor that are closer to LI. Hell, UMD is an equivalent drive and Baltimore is closer.

I would not say Hofstra is out of the running. He may say it is too close now, but I think there is just as good a chance he ends up there as anywhere else. Without any knowledge of the situation I would guess that umass, Rutgers, Hofstra, SU and NY tech would be the most obvious choices. If I were a betting man my money would be on UMass based on the number of LI players and Coach Cannella's roots.

In addition, just because SU is in the same state doesn't mean it is close for his family. There are plenty of schools in Philly/MD/DC corridor that are closer to LI. Hell, UMD is an equivalent drive and Baltimore is closer.

UMd is definitely not in the running as a player loses a year of eligibility if he transfers within the ACC.

The problems with UMass are that they haven't really competed for the title much lately and they don't play very many other big time teams.

Syracuse seems like the best choice for Galasso, his addition would make them a contender this spring, lots of big games - Virginia, Hopkins, Cornell, Duke,... to showcase his skills. Then Syracuse joins the ACC his senior year.

Of course, the Baltimore schools, Hopkins and Loyola aren't too far off. Loyola just won the title and Hopkins is top tier.

To me UMass, Hofstra, Rutgers must seem like being sent to the minors in baseball.

Per his and the PS twitter account Galasso is currently on his way up to visit Cuse with his dad. Stopped at Fairfield U. already and got pulled over for speeding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom