Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Colgate

Yeah they email me so much I’ve just trained myself to delete anything I see.

I hardly ever see efforts to drum up new season ticket holders though. Maybe thats just me
That’s just lazy marketing IMO without a lot of thought. Considering the crappy august we have had weather wise, saturday is looking prime. I won’t even be watching this game on the TV.

The athletic department is in a no-win situation with most fans here. If they open with a big name at home, then they don’t know how to schedule for success. If you open with no name, and nobody shows up, then they don’t market properly.

This town is event driven. In my opinion, I think they should continue to open with tomato cans, but do something to draw more people to any event, something like “concert on the quad“ Featuring good local bands. And they give tickets away to those who attend.

I don’t know…all I know is that a small crowd against Colgate doesn’t bother me.

I agree with you except for one thing and that's having a small crowd stinks for the players/staff after working so hard getting ready for their first game. It can hurt recruiting as well, depending on the recruit and what they desire for their school choice.

Yeah I'm not worried about attendance. Colgate is quite possibly the worst team regarding attendance we could be playing. Casual fans and die hards alike realize that Colgate is gonna get blown out and starters wont be playing all game. At least with Western Michigan, I doubt casual fans will realize that they're supposed to be an awful team this year.
Ask JB about Colgate?

They should do themes for the games

Colgate tie it in with an Aspen Dental promotion

WMU tie it in with a rodeo at the OnCenter

Purdue could have had a tie in with local steamfitter union

Army military appreciation day

Clemson something with Burnett Park Zoo

UNC tie it in with a religious organization (reaching here with "Chapel" tie in) or for a dig, make it a tie in with higher learning / education

FSU would be with the Onondaga Nation and the native appreciation day

VaTech would be with a circus tie in, since those folks are clowns (or local farm appreciation day)

BC would be Diamond Ferri appreciation day (bobble head)

Pitt would be 'fan appreciation' day at Yankee Stadium

GaTech tie in with Beardsley or C+S (engineering)

Wake with a local funeral home

September is tough. It's the last month of great weather in upstate NY. I will be there for the last 3 games of the year, but Labor day is always a bad weekend as we always have company and next weekend is a wedding. I'd almost prefer we had more road games at the beginning of each season or schedule the game on Friday nights. Saturday day games this time of year are a tough draw.

People said I was crazy saying Darton would start, ha.

well... there were a lot of games towards the end of the year that we just got pushed around up front - and a lot of it had to do with playing a DT that is 5'10" 280lbs.

well... there were a lot of games towards the end of the year that we just got pushed around up front - and a lot of it had to do with playing a DT that is 5'10" 280lbs.
You can get wore out if you are 6'4 300 as well. Darton had to play a ton of snaps. A proper rotation is needed on the DL no matter what scheme is played

At least we can count on Colgate bringing a thousand fans/parents/students, which is more than Buttgers or Yukon ever bring.
If Colgate brings a thousand people it will be more than what show up for a home game for the Gate. I go every chance I can and it may be the worst home atmosphere in college football.

That’s just lazy marketing IMO without a lot of thought. Considering the crappy august we have had weather wise, saturday is looking prime. I won’t even be watching this game on the TV.
A ticket rep went on the Colgate site and tried to sell an open box. Wonder what the local efforts were to fill it?

They should do themes for the games

Colgate tie it in with an Aspen Dental promotion

WMU tie it in with a rodeo at the OnCenter

Purdue could have had a tie in with local steamfitter union

Army military appreciation day

Clemson something with Burnett Park Zoo

UNC tie it in with a religious organization (reaching here with "Chapel" tie in) or for a dig, make it a tie in with higher learning / education

FSU would be with the Onondaga Nation and the native appreciation day

VaTech would be with a circus tie in, since those folks are clowns (or local farm appreciation day)

BC would be Diamond Ferri appreciation day (bobble head)

Pitt would be 'fan appreciation' day at Yankee Stadium

GaTech tie in with Beardsley or C+S (engineering)

Wake with a local funeral home
Man that’s the best love it

It’s cause he played the entire game.
And because Darton was double teamed often. Its going to happen. We are going to bend on some plays. We have a 3 man DL front. The scheme gives up a little bit in that aspect depending who lines up where on each play and where a blitz may be coming from. There are times we bend and give up small chunks of yards on rushing plays but they should be stopped from very long plays with additional DB's closing in. But with the slanting and stunting we do up front we also hope to make more plays for no gain or negative yards. This should put them in longer passing down situations where we can excel and hopefully stall out drives.

Last edited:
You can get wore out if you are 6'4 300 as well. Darton had to play a ton of snaps. A proper rotation is needed on the DL no matter what scheme is played
Yeah i saw Darton much better with a good breather here and there. Purdue game comes to mind and it didn’t seam he flashed after that but just was really solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom