Game 4 Uniforms | Virginia | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game 4 Uniforms | Virginia

Actually those uniforms are pretty impressive….

All of the angles on the numbers are at 44 degrees.

The blue lines on the shoulders 44 degrees

The gray lines around the neck 44 degrees

There was a lot to those uniforms that people didn’t know and understand. That was a missed opportunity by the athletic department at that time to not let people know the cool facts about those jerseys
That's all fine, really, except:

1) Why is the bottom half of the number like twice as long as the top? It looks like something from a bad science fiction movie, or a 5 year old would draw.

2) No one has lived up to the 44 legend in over 50 years. It's more of a jinx now if anything. Maybe they should let Sean Tucker wear it?

That's all fine, really, except:

1) Why is the bottom half of the number like twice as long as the top? It looks like something from a bad science fiction movie, or a 5 year old would draw.

2) No one has lived up to the 44 legend in over 50 years. It's more of a jinx now if anything. Maybe they should let Sean Tucker wear it?

The tall numbers represented the tall buildings in NYC

This is when we were calling ourselves “New Yorks College Team”

There was a lot of thought in them, Cuse tried to go with something like Oregon.

We might not like the different uniforms but the kids do. They like new flashy things

Good. These are the uniforms UVA sees all the time during their own games. It’s a good strategy that is sure to confuse the Hoos. ;)
We rarely, if ever, wear orange pants anymore. More often we're blue-blue-white at home, although in the opener we were white-orange-white, like we wore under George Welsh in the early 80s.

I detest this look with all my heart. These were our best away unis.

download.jpg
images.jpg

Actually those uniforms are pretty impressive….

All of the angles on the numbers are at 44 degrees.

The blue lines on the shoulders 44 degrees

The gray lines around the neck 44 degrees

There was a lot to those uniforms that people didn’t know and understand. That was a missed opportunity by the athletic department at that time to not let people know the cool facts about those jerseys
Actually I remember hearing the facts about those uniforms. That doesn’t change the fact that they were awful.

Throwing it out there—just my opinion. These OOO uniforms aren’t as nice as the Dungey era OOOs. Just doesn’t pop anymore, and they look…okay. But a little tacky. Saying this as a design professional. :)

Whatever color combo is chosen, the orange in it needs to be as bright an orange as possible. It's what defines us, it's what sets us apart, it's who we are.

Living in Charlotte as I do, I run across many other fans from other allegedly "orange" schools - Clemson, Tennessee, Miami. I laugh when they root for their schools by saying "Go Orange!". I tell them, "That's not orange, that's some kind of pale muddy brown.". That pretty much quiets them down.

If they come out with a black jersey and orange numbers I'm on it. I don't even wear jerseys but I'd get one of those.

I can’t be the only one on the board that thinks they’re nice. Minus the sweat box

I love the helmet. The jerseys aren't bad and the numbers do pop. But needed orange pants.

Same can be said for any proposed all black unis. It's been done elsewhere countless times. No creativity or distinction there.

Did someone propose all black?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom