Game 6 Depth Chart / Game Notes | NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 6 Depth Chart / Game Notes | NC State

NC State hasn’t played us well in the Dome. The one game we had our starting QB, they lost. Their 3 Ws we had our backup QB and still played them close.

2014 24-17
2016 35-20
2020 36-29 (4th down spike)

Since joining the ACC they have seen our backup QB in 4 of 9 games. This year we get their backup QB.

And the Dome is going to be a very hostile environment this weekend

NC State hasn’t played us well in the Dome. The one game we had our starting QB, they lost. Their 3 Ws we had our backup QB and still played them close.

2014 24-17
2016 35-20

Since joining the ACC they have seen our backup QB in 4 of 9 games. This year we get their backup QB.

Heck yeah!

Where's a brick wall to run through?

Let's Go Orange!!!

I tell this story every year but a close friend of mine connected to the NC state athletic department told me that NC State players openly speak of Cuse as a joke and a non factor/automatic win and hardly anythings changed since (this was like 2017).

Our players speak with Donnie Mac about mutual respect between teams. “They’re on scholarship too”. NCSU seems like they have no such shared respect and it often shows during games.
If we were facing a team we were 13-2 against all-time I doubt we would think very highly of them either. Respect is earned...

2014 24-17
2016 35-20

Only in a Syracusefan forum can beating us three out of four times by a collective 29 points be discussed as a negative about the opponent.

I honestly don't know how some of you have it in you. Must really take this scene to heart.

"That's the spirit. Cokes and hot dogs on me!"

I tell this story every year but a close friend of mine connected to the NC state athletic department told me that NC State players openly speak of Cuse as a joke and a non factor/automatic win and hardly anythings changed since (this was like 2017).

Our players speak with Donnie Mac about mutual respect between teams. “They’re on scholarship too”. NCSU seems like they have no such shared respect and it often shows during games.

As someone who did athletic academic advising at NC State - you are completely right and it started back when Syracuse made their first trip to Raleigh upon joining the ACC.

There is zero respect towards SU.

Only in a Syracusefan forum can beating us three out of four times by a collective 29 points be discussed as a negative about the opponent.

I honestly don't know how some of you have it in you. Must really take this scene to heart.

"That's the spirit. Cokes and hot dogs on me!"

We were competing with Patriot League level QBs. The games should have been over by halftime. Instead all 3 were one score games in the 4th Q.

In talking with fans of other ACC schools, it seems that NC State is universally disliked throughout the conference. At least that's the perception I have from the small sample size. I'm ok with that.

IMO, NC State fans are just like Michigan State fans in the B1G -- the trailer trash segment of the conference fanbase. Different colors, same behavior.

Nobody in either conference likes those respective fanbases.

That is the thing, NC State fans are one of the more delusional fan bases around.

Yeah I’ll never forget how rude the NC State fans were at the game last year

Mind blowing…some of the worst I’ve ever dealt with at an away game

2014 24-17
2016 35-20

great post, the most interesting part is that we scored 17 points against someone in 2014. Did AJ Long get his SU tattoo lasered off?

It will be interesting to see how NC State responds after their last 2 games.

Anyone see that behind the scenes series on their program on ACCN? I saw parts of a couple of episodes.

During the off season/pre-season, they were really thought they could win a national championship.

That was their goal.

Their defense is really really good. Might have some vulnerabilities in the secondary. They have a key guy out for the first half and a couple other guys hurt or banged up.

I think we will struggle to move the ball against them. I see this as a rock fight where the first team to 20 wins. Heck, 14 points might be enough to win.

It will be interesting to see how NC State responds after their last 2 games.

Anyone see that behind the scenes series on their program on ACCN? I saw parts of a couple of episodes.

During the off season/pre-season, they were really thought they could win a national championship.

That was their goal.

Their defense is really really good. Might have some vulnerabilities in the secondary. They have a key guy out for the first half and a couple other guys hurt or banged up.

I think we will struggle to move the ball against them. I see this as a rock fight where the first team to 20 wins. Heck, 14 points might be enough to win.
Hummmmm, I see SU taking them to the woodshed!!

I’m glad NC State doesn’t respect us, less likely they’ll be prepared. They probably don’t respect the Dome noise either… excellent.

Wait till they get their first taste of the crowd noise coming down to the field from above…

1665520697005.gif

It will be interesting to see what Anae comes up with for this game. His sixth matchup is a tough one - I heard a couple times during the FL State - NC State game that the NC State defense had disrupted the timing of plays. We are going to
Need great execution by our QB and wide receivers. Are they up for the challenge?

Last year's game was heading toward a rock fight until things fell apart. Also, they didn't run the ball on us.

Halfway though the 2nd Q the score was 0-0. Then somehow NC State got 28 points and put the game away.

-Leary completed a 49 yard pass that led to them scoring a TD

-Shrader threw a Pick 6

-We then answered back with a big Tucker TD run which got it to 14-7. But then the KOR for a TD made it 21-7.

-Right before half they hit on a 58 yard pass that led to another TD.

The D gave up 2 big pass plays which can't happen, and I think is much less likely to happen this year for various reasons. The STs gave up a TD, again I think less likely to happen. And the O gave up a TD, which hopefully doesn't happen again. Those 4 plays won the game. We weren't that far off last year. And if Shrader was indeed hurt, even more reason to feel good.

There are some doozies in this podcast.

1. They have no idea why we think it’s some big game. Lol v1

2. If you wanted one team for their backup QB to face, it’s Syracuse. Lol v2

3. We cheat with our noise cuz of the roof. Lol v3

My rebuttal to point 3:

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie-kelly.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics