Game 6 or USA-Honduras | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 6 or USA-Honduras

I do enjoy watching world cup games, specifically that USA women's game recently (can't remember opponent) when there was a stretch of a ton of goals (and by a ton, I mean like 3). It was very exciting.

That being said, never liked soccer. Never understood it really either. I can't get into a game that can go over 120minutes, be 0-0, and then be decided on penalty kicks where a goalie guesses which side to jump to.

I do enjoy watching world cup games, specifically that USA women's game recently (can't remember opponent) when there was a stretch of a ton of goals (and by a ton, I mean like 3). It was very exciting.

That being said, never liked soccer. Never understood it really either. I can't get into a game that can go over 120minutes, be 0-0, and then be decided on penalty kicks where a goalie guesses which side to jump to.
Might have been the game against Canada in the Olympics
http://www.ussoccer.com/news/womens...comes-from-behind-three-times-to-win-4-3.aspx
One of the best matches in a long time, scoring summary:
"
CAN – Christine Sinclair (Melissa Tancredi) 22nd minute
USA – Megan Rapinoe 54
CAN – Christine Sinclair (Melissa Tancredi) 67
USA – Megan Rapinoe (Kelley O’Hara) 70
CAN – Christine Sinclair (Kaylyn Kyle) 73
USA – Abby Wambach (penalty kick) 80
USA – Alex Morgan (Heather O’Reilly) 120+3
"

The people who think soccer sucks don't understand it, as far as I'm concerned. They view it as boring and don't see the magnificent build ups and the offensive execution that leads to good shots. There's not much I enjoy more in sports than a fantastic build up in soccer. It always brings me to my feet, whether or not a goal is scored. It's very exciting when you really know what you're watching.

The people who think soccer sucks don't understand it, as far as I'm concerned. They view it as boring and don't see the magnificent build ups and the offensive execution that leads to good shots. There's not much I enjoy more in sports than a fantastic build up in soccer. It always brings me to my feet, whether or not a goal is scored. It's very exciting when you really know what you're watching.
I didn't get it when I was young, but this.
The build ups are so very exciting, and as you said, even if a goal isn't scored. I learned to appreciate a great play. Sure the goal would be nice, but it is still a great play regardless.

if you played the game you would understand it and appreciate it more. So many american sports have been tailored to fit what sells the most jerseys etc etc. Basically high scoring affairs and superstars everywhere. Watching soccer you can see incredible play that doesn't result in a goal. Some of the best games ever were 0-0 or 1-0 games.

Not a wonderstrike, but I'll let it slide.

no wonderstrike but some incredible first touches on long passes. Jozy's first touch is world class.. like man u first class.. maybe not yet but thats what separates those guys- not just finishing but the ability to make one touch and then be in position to unleash a rifle into the back of the net..

And that's why no one in the US cares about soccer.

I'm just a bad example to go by. Tbh, I just care more about the Colombia national team. Still love watching any club game or international games though.

By the way the best drinking game to play when watching a USMNT game on ESPN everytime you hear the phrase "understanding" take a shot. While I get what they are saying all they need to say is chemistry or feel for each other's game. I laugh everytime Twellman says "understanding"
Hopefully, this team qualifies officially against Mexico in September or at worst against Jamaica in game 9.
I don't think we will get a result in Costa Rica because we never do well down there, but they will want revenge badly in the next game. The only positive is that Costa Rica moved to a new stadium and they don't have that astroturf and have a new stadium I don't believe we have played in.

I hope in September JK starts Cameron, and maybe Landon Donovan for the Costa Rica game.

By the way the best drinking game to play when watching a USMNT game on ESPN everytime you hear the phrase "understanding" take a shot. While I get what they are saying all they need to say is chemistry or feel for each other's game. I laugh everytime Twellman says "understanding"
Hopefully, this team qualifies officially against Mexico in September or at worst against Jamaica in game 9.
I don't think we will get a result in Costa Rica because we never do well down there, but they will want revenge badly in the next game. The only positive is that Costa Rica moved to a new stadium and they don't have that astroturf and have a new stadium I don't believe we have played in.

I hope in September JK starts Cameron, and maybe Landon Donovan for the Costa Rica game.

Another fun drinking game is taking a shot every time Alexi Lalas says something that implies he believes he was a truly world class player despite the fact that he's just a pompous douche who wasn't that good. You'll be dead from alcohol poisoning within 5 minutes.

Another fun drinking game is taking a shot every time Alexi Lalas says something that implies he believes he was a truly world class player despite the fact that he's just a pompous douche who wasn't that good. You'll be dead from alcohol poisoning within 5 minutes.
Lalas does act like a douche and always implies the USA better than everybody. I loved when Michael Ballack was disgusted with Lalas's douchey behavior at last year's Euro 2012.

Here is a funny article
Ballack: With him in the hotel, I have to see him nearly every day, every evening, and that is really tough.
Lalas: C’mon! I have taught you things about soccer, and about life off the field, that you will take with you for the rest of your life.
Ballack: You taught me? You teach me?
Lalas: Every day I teach you, my friend …
Ballack: From the perspective of an average center back, maybe you are right.
Zing! Average center back! And they say Germans have no sense of humor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom