Game attendance and the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Game attendance and the ACC

Tornado91

Walk On
I think the move will help. Right now, there are a handful of pretty good big east teams, but the only conference teams I really get excited about seeing are Pitt and West Virginia. I respect what UConn, Rutgers, Cincy, and SoFla have done with their programs, and Louisville is a solid program, but I don't feel like there will ever be a tremendous amount of excitement for those games. Hard to imagine town and campus buzzing all week about a big, upcoming Cincinnati game.

The ACC, on the other hand, has quite a few matchups that excite me. I can't wait for a big conference tilt at the dome with VaTech, FSU, GaTech, Clemson, Miami, or BC.

Agree 100% - hoping that we can make the jump back to the level of those programs in the next year or two - atmosphere for a top 25 matchup of Syracuse and VT, Clemson etc. would be electric!

I hope we get back to the point where we are competing with VT soon. By the time they left, I hated them more than anyone. They seemed to get all kinds of credit for doing things that SU did first. The big thing was their special teams. When we were good we blocked just as many kicks and returned as many for touchdowns but noone ever mentioned it. Then when they got Vick that sealed it for me.

Focus group of one... I have't had season tix since 2003 (I live in CT). Thinking about getting them again now. Would never have considered it if we stayed in the BE.