Game Balls to Defense and Coach M... | Syracusefan.com

Game Balls to Defense and Coach M...

arbitragegls

All Conference
Great defensive effort...what a turn-around. And for the coach...EMOTION ON THE SIDELINE FINALLY.....down side...Ryan just doesn't look good for this game and Minny game. Don't know if it is the slower tempo or what...but the offense is nearly non-existent...what do you Think?

I think it was a game where we made plays at the end where we needed to, and didn't allow ourselves to fall in a quick hole. I still feel that Marrones demeanor had very little to do with the outcome, short of maybe the last play, where it can count. I don't think the players are looking for the emotion I think it is just the fans

Great defensive effort...what a turn-around. And for the coach...EMOTION ON THE SIDELINE FINALLY.....down side...Ryan just doesn't look good for this game and Minny game. Don't know if it is the slower tempo or what...but the offense is nearly non-existent...what do you Think?

I'm a Marrone fan, but the clock management at the end of the game was mind-boggling. No game ball from me.

According to that thought process, The Ryan family are better coaches than Tom Landry and Don Shula.

I'm a Marrone fan, but the clock management at the end of the game was mind-boggling. No game ball from me.

Calling a time out with 42 seconds left? What's so bad about that? He just wanted to guarantee they maximized the time they were wasting without risking a penalty.

I believe the clock management was textbook. Other than Ryan leaving 5 or 6 on the clock here or there even f they don't get the first they leave Pitt with 10 seconds. Unless I am missing something

What was wrong with the clock management at the end?

I'd say you should enjoy the win. Worry about style points and Marrone's demeanor some other time.

I believe the clock management was textbook. Other than Ryan leaving 5 or 6 on the clock here or there even f they don't get the first they leave Pitt with 10 seconds. Unless I am missing something

most defenses would start pinning their ears back at about 3 seconds left,running a play at 6 seconds keeps them off gaurd just a little bit and it worked.

pitt could have never gotten the ball back

This was the first game where the deefensive front four made a difference. Either Brandon Sharpe has suddenly morphed into Dwight Freeney or the Pitt tackle is Lou Alexander's twin separated at birth.

the only thing doug did wrong was the 3rd down run for the 1st at the end we should of had nassib kneel on it to be safe

He kneels it the play takes 3 seconds. We then eat 25 seconds run off and kneel again we have effectively taken 30 seconds off of the clock. I will take no I've over 11 seconds, you have to trust your guys sometimes, this time it was AAM

Comments like that raise the concern that this forum is becoming more like the Post Standard POS forum. Noticed nothing said to support that BS. Please ! Enough of that or go back to the PS site and stay there. We will have to have a premium side if this keeps up!

Some of you guys find very strange things to complain about! VERY strange! You run the clock out and some one finds fault in that.
Agreed.

That's always good logic. The point is we could have burned more clock early in that last drive than we did. It was inexcusable.

So yes then? Thanks