Game balls | Syracusefan.com

Game balls

Etta, Slayton, and the oline. We did this today with ED'S D game. Thats encouraging.

Etta, Slayton, and the oline. We did this today with ED'S D game. Thats encouraging.
I didn't get to watch, but 26/40 for 407 yds, with 2 tds, and no interceptions seems a bit better than a D game...are our expectations cresting?

ETA pure domination, Hudson pick-6, and Paris Bennett for all the plays he made on defense.

Bennett was everywhere... Why can't we just say team effort here, phew...they put it together that 2nd half

You're unbelievable. Ignore the positive while highlighting the negative that fits your agenda.

You're unbelievable. Ignore the positive while highlighting the negative that fits your agenda.

No agenda, relax. I loooove ed and think he will play on Sundays. Go and listen to his own critique of the game and dinos take. The great thing is there is tons of room to improve. If you think ed played great today, you dont know the game. Get a grip.

That Goal line stand was a thing of beauty. To me it said SU football.
I didn't have TV for the game but got to follow it via gamecast. I hope the replay is as good as my experience via play by play but however it goes, it was a great sequence. The goal line stand...then the long 99 yard drive that won the game...I feel great for the SU fans that made it to the game and appreciation for the team and the way they won the game...not bad overall...

The announcers get failing grades. Said twice for UCONN to go for FG when down 14 with 2 minutes to pay. Didn't know what down it was on SUs last TD.
That was just the color commentator. Dave Ryan, the play-by-play guy, attempted to correct him (without calling him out) a couple of times.

If Etta Tawo keeps on this pace, he may crack 2k yards receiving. I have to think if he keeps it up and stays healthy, that he's a Biletnikoff finalist at a minimum and likely All American. Pretty exciting and nice to see a player that was overlooked at his former school to really blossom.

Nice to see Ish start to make an appearance in this offense. Just one bad step from a long TD for him and played very physical when he did get the ball.

Dungey looked fantastic at times and then struggled with accuracy/consistency here and there. I think the offense is slowing down a bit for him and his arm stamina is building. So that's a positive sign.

Franklin was all over the place all game as was Bennett, I thought Thomas had a great game too. The LB's look like they are getting comfort with the Tampa 2.

DB's overall played well, good tackling for the most part against a QB that can look pretty good in streaks. Couple of blown coverages/miscues but I think that is bound to happen over the middle with how young this group is.

Specials, which has been strong, took a dip this game. A number of miscues on kickoffs, not much return on kicks or punts, mixed performance on our punts and 2 missed FG's. And they allowed a critical field goal fake. Not a strong game for them at all. Hopefully a learning experience for them but I do have concern with Hof's consistency.

Run game still continues to struggle with the exception of a big play here or there. I think this is directly linked to the run blocking struggles this hodge podge OL has had.

Mentioning the OL, I felt the pass protection was pretty good today. Nice to see Evan Adams get some run. I think he has a bright future here.

Thought the staff called a good game - was a little surprised that Dino didn't go for it on the 4th and 1 at midfield but that was the only real call I questioned based on how he typically calls a game.

Final note, my lord is Bob Diaco a doosh. Even his demeanor I found annoying. Really don't care for him. He looks like he has UCONN heading in the right direction, so I give him credit for that, but I'm glad we didn't hire him.

I liked Shafer but now I have the feel a bit of what it was like for our opponents. Diaco's UCONN teams remind me of Shafer's teams and how he used them.

Last edited:
Big props to the pups on the ol

99 drive to close out the game

Graves at BC in 92. McNabb vs WVU in 95 great job game four on the road
That 99 yard drive to close out the game was superb...it following the goal line stand was...memorable...I'm a soft target, but there's a lot to like for any SU fan...

That 99 yard drive to close out the game was superb...it following the goal line stand was...memorable...I'm a soft target, but there's a lot to like for any SU fan...

Those are the things that winning programs do. Hopefully that performance gives this team confidence going forward. Man would I love to see us knock off ND. Playing like they did on those drives is the way to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom