Game of A Thrones Season 5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game of A Thrones Season 5

Alsacs said:
As somebody who just binge watched the first 4 seasons am I suppose to be hating Daenerys as much as I am now? Like I respect Darth Sansa Stark after all the crap she went thru with Goffrey and her family, but Dany turning bad is pissing me off.
She's an irritating character now.

Do the writers hate Sansa? I mean having Littlefinger give in her marriage to dude that killed her mother and brother in Red Wedding is messed up. I mean once the Lancasters find out she is alive won't they want her for Goffrey's murder?

The writers really screwed Sansa which sucks. I liked her heel turn. I hope she gets revenge.

Do the writers hate Sansa? I mean having Littlefinger give in her marriage to dude that killed her mother and brother in Red Wedding is messed up. I mean once the Lancasters find out she is alive won't they want her for Goffrey's murder?

The writers really screwed Sansa which sucks. I liked her heel turn. I hope she gets revenge.

Baelish loved Sansa's mother. Why wouldn't he ask Darth Sansa to join his plot to avenge the murders of her family? I want to know what is in his correspondence with Cersei.

OK, that was an intense, not-a-moment-wasted episode. Well, except the Sand Snakes scene.

And ohhhh LF remarks in the crypt

What the hell happened to Grey Worm? He was dominating dozens of trained Yunkai just two season ago and now he can barely beat the sons of the Harpy? They're the equivalent of slaver frat boys while he's pretty much the unsullied Bones Jones.

Seriously, the Unsullied couldn't figure out that forming a phalanx bristling with spears would totally neutralize the SoH brandishing what looked like oversized butter knives? I was all "Whaaa...?" and then all:

tumblr_m94mayckga1r243ba.gif

Hated the way bariston went out... The greatest fighter in the history of the seven kingdoms goes out in a storage room with a whimper... Cmon

I'm starting to wonder if GRRM had two ways the story can go and decided to play one way out in the TV series and the other in the books -- because Selmy's last chapter in ADWD would have been part of an awesome storyline at the end of this season. I'm surprised they are cutting it.

The greatest fighter in the history of the seven kingdoms goes out in a storage room with a whimper... Cmon
Not to quibble, but Arthur Dayne was generally acknowledged in the ASOIAF literature as the greater fighter - especially with Valyrian sword Dawn in hand. Selmy, Gerold Hightower, Jaime and several others were apparently a notch below.

Um... anyways... I'll just head back down to the basement to watch MST3K...

Hated the way bariston went out... The greatest fighter in the history of the seven kingdoms goes out in a storage room with a whimper... Cmon
He ain't the sword of the morning...that's for sure.

I'm starting to wonder if GRRM had two ways the story can go and decided to play one way out in the TV series and the other in the books -- because Selmy's last chapter in ADWD would have been part of an awesome storyline at the end of this season. I'm surprised they are cutting it.
I get the sense that GRRM is not that involved in the show,

maybe i'm just dense, would someone explain to me the edit at the end of last night? tyrion is sinking to the bottom of a river and then he (they) wakes up on a beach miles from where they were with no boat? i'm confused.

maybe i'm just dense, would someone explain to me the edit at the end of last night? tyrion is sinking to the bottom of a river and then he (they) wakes up on a beach miles from where they were with no boat? i'm confused.

Jorah saved him from drowning. Probably lost the boat as it floated away and they ended up washing ashore on (or Jorah swam them to) a beach away from the ruins and the stone people.

Jorah saved him from drowning. Probably lost the boat as it floated away and they ended up washing ashore on (or Jorah swam them to) a beach away from the ruins and the stone people.

did it show that on HBO? cause I watch it from an online stream and it's showing tyrion getting dragged to the bottom and then the frame goes black. the next scene is Jorah waking up tyrion on a beach. my stream did not show Jorah saving him.

theyre in a quiet slow moving backwater inlet basically and next thing you know they're out on a beach in the ocean. it bugged me.

the whole season is starting to bug me. Bariston's death was weak last week and then the cliffhanger last night is jorah getting grey scale/stoneman on his arm? Who cares.

PhatOrange said:
did it show that on HBO? cause I watch it from an online stream and it's showing tyrion getting dragged to the bottom and then the frame goes black. the next scene is Jorah waking up tyrion on a beach. my stream did not show Jorah saving him. theyre in a quiet slow moving backwater inlet basically and next thing you know they're out on a beach in the ocean. it bugged me. the whole season is starting to bug me. Bariston's death was weak last week and then the cliffhanger last night is jorah getting grey scale/stoneman on his arm? Who cares.
Your veiwing was same as hbo on air. Not sure why the editing was done as such, but if your complaint is how did they get ashore after going overboard, then the rest of travel time this season must be driving you bonkers. The books is so dedicated to filler while on the road i dont blame the showrunners for just getting to the point(s). Theyve spent the first part of this season setting up someone getting grayscale/the stonemen. Glad it paid off, even if it varied from the books.
This season was going to be tough given the content or lackthereof from the books. Not surprised so far.

Your veiwing was same as hbo on air. Not sure why the editing was done as such, but if your complaint is how did they get ashore after going overboard, then the rest of travel time this season must be driving you bonkers. The books is so dedicated to filler while on the road i dont blame the showrunners for just getting to the point(s). Theyve spent the first part of this season setting up someone getting grayscale/the stonemen. Glad it paid off, even if it varied from the books.
This season was going to be tough given the content or lackthereof from the books. Not surprised so far.

I was surprised they removed the Connington/"Targaryen" storyline completely from this season. There seem to be some stories that appear like they'll be pretty huge in book 6 (Selmy leading the defense of the city; Connington returning to Westeros) that the show may completely ignore or re-write.

Your veiwing was same as hbo on air. Not sure why the editing was done as such, but if your complaint is how did they get ashore after going overboard, then the rest of travel time this season must be driving you bonkers. .

edits normally don't bother me but that one was just bad.

I was surprised they removed the Connington/"Targaryen" storyline completely from this season. There seem to be some stories that appear like they'll be pretty huge in book 6 (Selmy leading the defense of the city; Connington returning to Westeros) that the show may completely ignore or re-write.
they're going to ignore it. Ive read the barristan TWOW chapters and they're pretty bad ass. Its a shame for people who don't read the books.

I don't think there will be a giant battle for Meereen on the show at all, given that Daario last year captured all the ships and a certain character who is in the books sailing toward Meereen with a burned arm isn't in the show at all yet

So far I am pretty much OK with the changes and think the season is great, except the one Sand Snakes scene and the Wall storyline feels rushed. But then, I only read the books two years ago.

Mang... the show just... ugh. I do hope they accelerate matters but at least do it in a refined, sensible manner.

Subtelties:

Selyse + Shireen = Shivers.

Stannis + Shireen = Sweet.

I hate the way Barristan went out.

I was expecting a Yoda-style fight.

Instead, Joffrey gets proven right for dismissing him from the Kingsguard.

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on last night's final scene. Have to say, I'm glad it wasn't what Jeyne Poole went through.

Interested to hear everyone's thoughts on last night's final scene. Have to say, I'm glad it wasn't what Jeyne Poole went through.

Man... like most in this thread, I'm a book reader (unlike most - I'm pulling for Sansa to win the game), so not many scenes in the show have caught me off-guard. That scene definitely had me cringing though. I was just worried that Reek played a much smaller role than in the books... I probably would have rage quit the series if they kept his role consistent with Jeyne's wedding night...

Upstate said:

I assumed that scene was coming the second I found out she was going to marry Ramsey.

It was painful. One of the hardest scenes to watch in the series including the Red Wedding.

They portrayed it as ugly and brutal and humiliating. I understand why women on the internet are frustrated with the show, but I don't think was exploitive. Just an ugly event in the brutal world that this show is set in.

I assumed that scene was coming the second I found out she was going to marry Ramsey.

It was painful. One of the hardest scenes to watch in the series including the Red Wedding.

They portrayed it as ugly and brutal and humiliating. I understand why women on the internet are frustrated with the show, but I don't think was exploitive. Just an ugly event in the brutal world that this show is set in.

I don't get why folks are upset. It seemed to me less brutal than the scene from Daenerys' wedding night in season one. Which was much more graphic in it's depiction.