Game on SNY! | Syracusefan.com

Game on SNY!

Shermthegeneral

Starter
According to my Cablevision app, SNY will be showing the game live tomorrow! Boy am I going to miss SNY!!!

According to my Cablevision app, SNY will be showing the game live tomorrow! Boy am I going to miss SNY!!!

If im not mistaken isnt SNY's deal with Syracuse apart from the Big East. Even if it isnt, the Big East is irrelevant in SNY's market if they dont have Syracuse basketball. Thought I heard they would still be carrying us...???

It's always been scheduled for SNY, pretty sure.

If im not mistaken isnt SNY's deal with Syracuse apart from the Big East. Even if it isnt, the Big East is irrelevant in SNY's market if they dont have Syracuse basketball. Thought I heard they would still be carrying us...???

Ever heard of UCon? If St. John's continues its resurgence under Lavin they too will be a value to SNY. Even games involving (or especially between) the stronger remaining Big East programs will be worth their while.

I had posted a question a while back about how SU's move to the ACC will affect their broadcast status on SNY and/or the tri-state area. I would think that SNY may well continue to pick up the TW non-con games. I admittedly have no idea what to expect regarding the conference games. It will be an enormous -up for the university though if they hurt their broadcast presence in the region while trying to market themselves as NY's college team.

May have to be renegotiated, because I'm sure the ACC has deals too.

Hadn't thought of that, good point.

Ever heard of UCon? If St. John's continues its resurgence under Lavin they too will be a value to SNY. Even games involving (or especially between) the stronger remaining Big East programs will be worth their while.

I had posted a question a while back about how SU's move to the ACC will affect their broadcast status on SNY and/or the tri-state area. I would think that SNY may well continue to pick up the TW non-con games. I admittedly have no idea what to expect regarding the conference games. It will be an enormous ****-up for the university though if they hurt their broadcast presence in the region while trying to market themselves as NY's college team.

MSG broadcasts a lot of ACC games, especially the ACC sunday night games.

Most SU games (both football and hoops) that are not on ESPN are on SNY in the metro NYC area. That includes the Fordham game on Saturday. I too am concerned that after we move to the ACC SU games may not be carried on SNY anymore. They will just show UConn, RU, St. Johns instead. Anyone know if the AD has a plan to ensure SU games continue to have a cable outlet in the metro NYC area?

MSG broadcasts a lot of ACC games, especially the ACC sunday night games.

Thanks, I recalled that some network picked up a lot of ACC Sunday night games but I thought it was one of the FS entities. I've lost touch with MSG as it doesn't have a presence on my HD tier-I have FIOS-and with SNY picking up SU and Big East games in recent years, there hasn't been much on MSG that I care about.

YES network should be all over this

I'm surprised they didn't go harder after college hoops that is relevant to the area, YES came into existence before SNY. During the season YES always seems to have a lot of Big 12 broadcasts, I mean who the hell cares about that in YES' region?

Thanks, I recalled that some network picked up a lot of ACC Sunday night games but I thought it was one of the FS entities. I've lost touch with MSG as it doesn't have a presence on my HD tier-I have FIOS-and with SNY picking up SU and Big East games in recent years, there hasn't been much on MSG that I care about.

I think MSG just picks up the FSN feed for ACC sunday night. But yeah, I'm a little surprised MSG doesn't broadcast more college basketball, I assume they have enough programming with Rangers and Knicks.

Most SU games (both football and hoops) that are not on ESPN are on SNY in the metro NYC area. That includes the Fordham game on Saturday. I too am concerned that after we move to the ACC SU games may not be carried on SNY anymore. They will just show UConn, RU, St. Johns instead. Anyone know if the AD has a plan to ensure SU games continue to have a cable outlet in the metro NYC area?

Don't we have our own separate agreement with SNY?

I shouldve phrased that differently. Not irrelevant but Cuse is a HUGE part of SNY's broadcast in college sports. I dont think they would see anywhere near the revenue and ratings with just the Johnnies who may or may not be on a resurgence an dont even have as big of a fanbase in NYC as us. Rutgers and UCONN would be decent draws but thats still a huge loss without us. I couldve sworn i heard our deal with SNY was seperate from the Big East...i certainly hope it is and the ACC took us to get into NYC so im sure if its not SNY it will be MSG or YES etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom