Game Ruminations | Syracusefan.com

Game Ruminations

thenug211

Walk On
Hi guys, I have been a loooooong time lurker but wanted to share some thoughts on the game last night. Just to let you know I have some Cuse "Street Cred"...I'm a Syracuse Grad, grew up in Upstate NY and have season tickets in Section 123, although since I live in NJ, I can only make it to about 5 games a year. I even bought a War Damn Otto t-shirt from CTO about 10 Years ago...maybe 12or 15?? Anyhoo...

Danny Manning, did he take his mothers living room drapes and have them fashioned into a suit!?!?!? It looked like he walked into his local Big and Tall shop and grabbed the first thing he saw. Danny how about spending a few sheckles and going to Tom James! Wow!!!

Have you guys ever seen Jimmy B so consistently apoplectic with a team in the past?? Last night I was afraid that he was going to be channeling Fred Sanford! "It's the big one, I'm coming Elizabeth!" If I'm Juli, I'm worried about his health! Hell...I'm not Juli and I'm worried about his health. At least we know he hasn't lost the competitive fire. I wonder if he is drinking a lot more???

As stiff and robotic as Roberson can be with the ball in his hands, he is sublime as a rebounder. Can you guys think of another player other than Rodman (I'm not saying he is the rebounder that Rodman is before someone jumps on me)that has the ability to tip balls and keep them alive the way he does??

How the Hell did Elvir Ocina come back disguised as some Greek guy on Wake!?! The worst part is that whatever alternative dimension that he was in... that he learned to shoot!

If our team were the Superfriends...

Rak-Superman (The Big Kahuna, exudes strength)
Cooney-Batman (Has a lot of tricks up his sleeve and is indispensable)
Silent G-Robin (The complimentary player to the big two)
Roberson-Aquaman (Very one dimensional)
Joseph-Wonder Woman (someone has to be Wonder Woman)

Patterson and Johnson-The Wonder Twins (Not much use right now...but hoping they can save the big guys bacon at some point)

Chino-Gleek (If you know who Gleek is then you are as lame as me...the token mascot)

Danny Manning, did he take his mothers living room drapes and have them fashioned into a suit!?!?!? It looked like he walked into his local Big and Tall shop and grabbed the first thing he saw. Danny how about spending a few sheckles and going to Tom James! Wow!!!

Lol thought the same thing. Dude looked like me at my first job interview senior year of college (except I'm neither 6'10" nor black, but you know, same deal).

Hi guys, I have been a loooooong time lurker but wanted to share some thoughts on the game last night. Anyhoo...

Patterson and Johnson-The Wonder Twins (Not much use right now...but hoping they can save the big guys bacon at some point)

Chino-Gleek (If you know who Gleek is then you are as lame as me...the token mascot)

As I was reading, I was 100% sure you were going to go with "I Wonder if they'll figure it all out soon" or something to that effect.

Good post!

thenug211...this will be your highlight of your SyrFan.com rating karma. 4 posts, 14 likes...stop now while you're still an icon! ;)

BTW, welcome to the board...please post more.

Lol thought the same thing. Dude looked like me at my first job interview senior year of college (except I'm neither 6'10" nor black, but you know, same deal).
IMHO, early indications he'll get Wake into the upper division quickly...Wake will be a pain in the butt the next few years.

BTW, Wake Forest is a great away game for Cuse fans. We had a great time there and the parking/tailgating was awesome. The Hoops arena looks like a nice facility for Cuse fans to fill up.

As stiff and robotic as Roberson can be with the ball in his hands, he is sublime as a rebounder. Can you guys think of another player other than Rodman (I'm not saying he is the rebounder that Rodman is before someone jumps on me)that has the ability to tip balls and keep them alive the way he does??

the amazing thing about his ability to get boards is that he doesn't seem to have good rebounding instincts. His hands are often down but his quick reaction time, athleticism and motor get his hands on balls that didn't look like he would get when the ball came off the rim. If he ever develops better instincts, he could be an all-timer on the glass

the amazing thing about his ability to get boards is that he doesn't seem to have good rebounding instincts. His hands are often down but his quick reaction time, athleticism and motor get his hands on balls that didn't look like he would get when the ball came off the rim. If he ever develops better instincts, he could be an all-timer on the glass

I agree that it doesn't always appear like he is always in a good position and maybe he isn't "instinctual" but the important thing is the he seems to DESIRE the ball after it comes off the rim. Any of number of times recently you see his hand and arm in the middle of a tangle of opponents limbs flick out and keep the ball alive. Without thinking last night...and I know this because my wife would parrot me, I would say "Big rebound Roberson!".

Hi guys, I have been a loooooong time lurker but wanted to share some thoughts on the game last night. Just to let you know I have some Cuse "Street Cred"...I'm a Syracuse Grad, grew up in Upstate NY and have season tickets in Section 123, although since I live in NJ, I can only make it to about 5 games a year. I even bought a War Damn Otto t-shirt from CTO about 10 Years ago...maybe 12or 15?? Anyhoo...

Have you guys ever seen Jimmy B so consistently apoplectic with a team in the past?? Last night I was afraid that he was going to be channeling Fred Sanford! "It's the big one, I'm coming Elizabeth!" If I'm Juli, I'm worried about his health! Hell...I'm not Juli and I'm worried about his health. At least we know he hasn't lost the competitive fire. I wonder if he is drinking a lot more???

How the Hell did Elvir Ocina come back disguised as some Greek guy on Wake!?! The worst part is that whatever alternative dimension that he was in... that he learned to shoot!

welcome aboard. similar background to mine (in that I'm not from Jersey, just sleep here most nights)

you seem to be knowledgeable and witty. be forewarned that there will be at least 1 poster here who will take major offense at such things but you can feel free to ignore him like the rest of us do.

btw, gleek was a closet pimp.

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe perspicacious is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Isn't Perspicacious the mythical city in Greece where Greek giants grow and throw - thus the infamous Mitoglou's domain?

Danny Manning's coat- I couldn't get over it. I'm the last person with any fashion sense (just ask my wife). I assumed this was some new fad that I'd never catch up to. I just thought it was plain oogly. Glad I have some fashion sense after all.

welcome to crazytown my friend! ;)

Welcome! HA! Noticed that suit as well right away and commented yesterday. That old grey pinstripe cloak needs to be tossed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom