Game thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Game thoughts

jgeorge322

Living Legend
-good win, keeps us alive, still ugly offense
-chukwu was awesome on D, player of game in my book
-battle should be nicknamed derek zoolander, because he has no left
-marek needs to continue to look for offense
-why did we guard anyone from deep except reed? Reed was the only deep threat. He was best player on court
-we got some friendly calls
-noway moyer returns next year, right? He and jb do not get along. Moyer wont even look jb in the eye. Kind of feel bad for him because hes a nice kid but i also dont feel like hes very good

I just got home. There were a problem between Coach and Moyer?

I just got home. There were a problem between Coach and Moyer?

I cant say for sure but watch him on the bench and interact with jb. Dont want to read minds but doesnt look good there.

I know JB has been yelling at Moyer and there was the whole “he can’t play due to injury” drama, but surely Moyer knows that he needs to develop and that he should be a very good four year player for us? I hope he doesn’t become that discouraged.

-why did we guard anyone from deep except reed? Reed was the only deep threat. He was best player on court
-noway moyer returns next year, right? He and jb do not get along. Moyer wont even look jb in the eye. Kind of feel bad for him because hes a nice kid but i also dont feel like hes very good

We shut down their other big 3 point shooter. Gabe Devoe #10 is their best 3 point shooter (.413) but sure wasn’t today - he’s the player who took that last second shot that almost went in. Reed is a .367 shooter but was great today. (71%).

In all of the years that I've been watching (since mid-1980s), there have been no more than a handful of guys whose in-game interactions with Boeheim looked super-respectful and cordial. I'm not sure that's enough evidence to close the book on Moyer.

In all of the years that I've been watching (since mid-1980s), there have been no more than a handful of guys whose in-game interactions with Boeheim looked super-respectful and cordial. I'm not sure that's enough evidence to close the book on Moyer.

This is fair. Ive seen scoop go after jb too. Just doesnt look good to my eye.

I'm surprised there are any guys Boeheim never lit into during a game.
Maybe Pearl.

But that's the coach's personality.
Exemplified by a classic back in '87 after they beat UNC to get to the Final 4.
At the post game news conference Boeheim started going off on things the team did wrong.
Rony Seikaly suddenly interrupted him with, "Coach, we just won. We didn't lose."
The entire room broke up.

I cant say for sure but watch him on the bench and interact with jb. Dont want to read minds but doesnt look good there.
If Moyer leaves, it's because he's likely looking at a reduced role here next season. If he opts to stick it out, he will have the opportunity to play a significant role here as a junior and senior. I'm guessing (and hoping) he stays.

We shut down their other big 3 point shooter. Gabe Devoe #10 is their best 3 point shooter (.413) but sure wasn’t today - he’s the player who took that last second shot that almost went in. Reed is a .367 shooter but was great today. (71%).

Good point

I'm surprised there are any guys Boeheim never lit into during a game.
Maybe Pearl.

But that's the coach's personality.
Exemplified by a classic back in '87 after they beat UNC to get to the Final 4.
At the post game news conference Boeheim started going off on things the team did wrong.
Rony Seikaly suddenly interrupted him with, "Coach, we just won. We didn't lose."
The entire room broke up.

Hard-ass Boeheim has worked pretty well this year. Some hiccups, clearly, but they continue to play hard. That has not always been the case. These are good kids.

How many kids look JB in the eyes when he talks to him. It didn't look to me that JB was yelling at him, just instructing him. I thought at the time it was a very calm situation. Really doubt that the kid will sit out and lose another year with a transfer.

If Moyer leaves, it's because he's likely looking at a reduced role here next season. If he opts to stick it out, he will have the opportunity to play a significant role here as a junior and senior. I'm guessing (and hoping) he stays.

For the last time - IF Moyer were to leave (I’d give that a 0.00000001% chance), he WOULD LOSE A YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY.

He’s already had his redshirt year.

Transferring to any D1 program means he doesn’t play AT ALL next year, and then is a RS-Jr the following year.

No matter how little run he may or may not get here next season - it will be more than ZERO that he would get anyplace else.

Matt is a very bright kid.
Transferring would be an epically stupid thing to do.
It ain’t happening.

How many kids look JB in the eyes when he talks to him. It didn't look to me that JB was yelling at him, just instructing him. I thought at the time it was a very calm situation. Really doubt that the kid will sit out and lose another year with a transfer.
If he decides to transfer to another D1 school, he'll only have two years of eligibility left starting with 2019-20 season. I will be surprised if he goes that route.

Top 50 guy last year. Is he hurt?

For the last time - IF Moyer were to leave (I’d give that a 0.00000001% chance), he WOULD LOSE A YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY.

Transferring to any D1 program means he doesn’t play AT ALL next year, and then is a RS-Jr the following year.

No matter how little run he may or may not get here next season - it will be more than ZERO that he would get anyplace else.

It ain’t happening.

We need some 4-year guys. We will always need depth with the early departure sh%% we seem to be constantly dealing with. No one should be eager to run kids off. Especially quality kids like Moyer. We've had so many players over the years that looked like garbage early on only to become at least serviceable subs as upperclassmen. Of course we've also had guys that never made that jump. Moyer is worth the risk.

The thing i hate is that the kids go there to learn and be better players. Do they think they wont get yelled at. Have they ever watched basketball ever. Wth

Speaking of players that improved dramatically as upperclassmen, where's the love for Frank? Dude had a terrible turnover in the first half minute and then went on to play a clean game for the next 39 and a half. He's come so far, not just year on year but within this season.

Speaking of players that improved dramatically as upperclassmen, where's the love for Frank? Dude had a terrible turnover in the first half minute and then went on to play a clean game for the next 39 and a half. He's come so far, not just year on year but within this season.

Hes improved but its hard for me to compliment our pg when our offense is so terrible. I know its not on frank.

I think Moyer transfers after next year. He'll have been here 3 years, he's a good student (Newhouse, I think) and will have his degree. He'll be a grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility immediately. He came back early after that high ankle sprain and then JB ripped him in the Wake Forest presser when he should have kept it in house. Too bad, could be a solid contributor down the line and I think he helped recruit Bazely, both are from Ohio.

It ain’t happening.
I don't think any of that comes in to play if Moyer is really 1. unhappy and 2. doesn't think he will play much next year. I don't know whether he is unhappy but I don't think he will play much next year.

Hes improved but its hard for me to compliment our pg when our offense is so terrible. I know its not on frank.

If "not 10 f***** games" has ever been accurate for any one player, it's definitely true for Frank this year.

Hes improved but its hard for me to compliment our pg when our offense is so terrible. I know its not on Frank

Oklahoma has Trae Young, and they went 1-7 for Feb. He’s likely a Top 5 NBA draft pick, and they’ve been a dumpster fire for the past 6 weeks now.

Even the best PG’s can’t do it all alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom