Game thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game thoughts

I thought we looked better when Tyus handled the ball more in the 2H.
seems like JB is going w this more and more - and I'd agree that it seems to be more effective

I thought we looked better when Tyus handled the ball more in the 2H. And he handled it quite a bit. Frank made some shots but he wasn’t doing anything as a PG. Tyus was getting downhill and playing more assertive.

This should be interesting.

So what caused you to think we looked better with Tyus “handling” the ball? Was it his PG play? His initiating the offense and getting players where they needed to be? His penetrating and kicking the ball out or dumping to a big?

Or was it us going strictly Battle ISO for awhile as he would walk the ball up, get a screen and take a 3 or drive and get 4 shots blocked?

seems like JB is going w this more and more - and I'd agree that it seems to be more effective

JB went more early Battle iso. There wasn’t one possession where Battle was a PG.

This should be interesting.

So what caused you to think we looked better with Tyus “handling” the ball? Was it his PG play? His initiating the offense and getting players where they needed to be? His penetrating and kicking the ball out or dumping to a big?

Or was it us going strictly Battle ISO for awhile as he would walk the ball up, get a screen and take a 3 or drive and get 4 shots blocked?

Oh hi! I think Tyus’s only assist came getting Frank a three in the corner. I just felt he was playing more assertive and downhill that Frank was. Frank had two drives all game from what I remember. A good pass to Bourama which got rejected and one sweet pass I think got Oshae to the line. Other than that I don’t think I he was doing much “initiating...” or much of anything besides making a few threes and some terrible shots. Just seemed like a lot of pounding the rock in one place and moving east-west. Do think Boeheim likes over and over lecturing his point guard? How many more times yesterday did he have to lecture him yesterday aside from that godawful turnover to start the game? Another 2-3? Yeah, Boeheim loves that, lol.

JB went more early Battle iso. There wasn’t one possession where Battle was a PG.

Does it matter? He brought it up a lot the 2H. So what? We mostly ISO anyways. Frank wasn’t doing much with the ball in his hands anyways. Let Tyus get it sooner and go sooner. Doesn’t matter.

like SoBe is saying, it comes down to semantics I suppose - in any case JB has moved to having the ball in TB's hands more than FH's hands - bringing it up, initiating offense, making plays

Both are long-distance analysis based on limited information.

Consider this quote from Lawrence Moten from an article linked in the "Poetry" thread:

“One of the things I loved about Coach Boeheim is he knew how to punch buttons, whether to yell or not at certain players and how to deal with certain emotions,” Moten said.

Also consider that Moyer has been compared to Roberson, who seemingly took plenty of abuse from JB but was here for four years.

Roberson helps you here? He was abused his senior year and had an underwhelming career. I bet it Roberson would be granted a do over, he wouldn’t come to cuse.

Anyways, were on the same side. I was just pointing out the body language wasnt good from moyer. Obviously, hope it works out.

Oh hi! I think Tyus’s only assist came getting Frank a three in the corner. I just felt he was playing more assertive and downhill that Frank was. Frank had two drives all game from what I remember. A good pass to Bourama which got rejected and one sweet pass I think got Oshae to the line. Other than that I don’t think I he was doing much “initiating...” or much of anything besides making a few threes and some terrible shots. Just seemed like a lot of pounding the rock in one place and moving east-west. Do think Boeheim likes over and over lecturing his point guard? How many more times yesterday did he have to lecture him yesterday aside from that godawful turnover to start the game? Another 2-3? Yeah, Boeheim loves that, lol.

Too many falsehoods in that to even bother.

like SoBe is saying, it comes down to semantics I suppose - in any case JB has moved to having the ball in TB's hands more than FH's hands - bringing it up, initiating offense, making plays

Yet the ball wasn’t in battles hands more than franks as a pg.

Roberson helps you here? He was abused his senior year and had an underwhelming career. I bet it Roberson would be granted a do over, he wouldn’t come to cuse.

Anyways, were on the same side. I was just pointing out the body language wasnt good from moyer. Obviously, hope it works out.

More speculation. Check out this article on Moyer from Syracuse.com:
After 3-year wait, Matthew Moyer plays 1st game for Syracuse basketball

"That's another lesson Moyer learned as he sat out last season. In this case, his teacher was former SU forward Tyler Roberson, who might be SU's career leader in beratings from Boeheim.

"I talked to Robe a few weeks ago actually,'' Moyer said. "He said take it positive. If (Boeheim) says something to you, that's a good thing. It means he cares. It means he wants you to do more.''

"That's another lesson Moyer learned as he sat out last season. In this case, his teacher was former SU forward Tyler Roberson, who might be SU's career leader in beratings from Boeheim.

"I talked to Robe a few weeks ago actually,'' Moyer said. "He said take it positive. If (Boeheim) says something to you, that's a good thing. It means he cares. It means he wants you to do more.''

Pointing out that im speculating on this is like calling the sky blue. This is a message board.

Moreover, extrapolating anything out of that quote you posted is pointless too. Robey also had Hop as a buffer.

Pointing out that im speculating on this is like calling the sky blue. This is a message board.

Moreover, extrapolating anything out of that quote you posted is pointless too. Robey also had Hop as a buffer.

My point was that speculating about a player's attitude based on what you saw on the bench during the game is pointless. ASnd the quote directly contradicted what you said.

For the last time - IF Moyer were to leave (I’d give that a 0.00000001% chance), he WOULD LOSE A YEAR OF ELIGIBILITY.

He’s already had his redshirt year.

Transferring to any D1 program means he doesn’t play AT ALL next year, and then is a RS-Jr the following year.

No matter how little run he may or may not get here next season - it will be more than ZERO that he would get anyplace else.

Matt is a very bright kid.
Transferring would be an epically stupid thing to do.
It ain’t happening.

If he isn't going to get minutes here next year he'd be losing a year any way. I don't think he wants minutes in the Matt Gorman department.

How am i at speculating??

How am i at speculating??

It depends on when he made his decision and whether it has anything to do with something you saw on the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom