Game Thread for MTSU | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Game Thread for MTSU

Team isn't good. Question is whether our coaching staff is good enough to make adjustments to coach them up from here. This could go downhill quickly if babers can't coach to the talent vs sticking w his fast offense philosophy (which I can see isn't working w our roster)

I'm expecting 3-9 this year.
How many upper class men on this roster will get drafted?

Question two how many players did we have get drafted last year?

Our talent isn't good.
This coach is upping our recruiting.

Coach Lock 'em 3 recruiting classes aren't going to have a single NFL draft pick at Syracuse.

Gee I wonder why we are struggling.

Dine deserves 4-5 years. Shafer was a continuity hire and all he did was be gerg2.0.

Candy know at least show some fire on the sidelines. Je is the most boring head coach SU has ever had on the sidelines. Worse the coach P!

Lost a lot of respect for Shafer today despite his great gameplan. Cheap shots on his "beloved" former players and fake injuries are on him. Hardnosed? Nah, more like lowlife.

This reveals a true man! He wanted to win no matter what. Good man my ass!

I agree. There isn't very much talent and and the new players need time but this is just a bad loss
I feel like we go through this every year. Never any talent and just give the new awesome recruits time...

Talent is the biggest thing in college football.

We shouldn't have lost this game.

I am not directing this at you but the Shafer people. Shafer's recruits(Clark excluded as he could be drafted but he is gone) none of them are going to get drafted.
Here is my view on Shafer not that anyone cares. If su just wants to cash checks then why get rid of Shafer. He's a great guy and loved su. babers needs tools to recruit and su doesn't give it to him. Yes this classs has promise but look we are three years away from them makinga difference. Are we suppose to sit around for another three years of this.

Only chance for a bowl is qualifying at 5-7 and I sure as hell am not betting on us getting to 5

I am still in disbelief that this offensive line is even playing division 1 football and I'm not even kidding.
It almost feels like the school picked the biggest frat guys on campus and told them to throw on some pads and get out there.

Sadly disappointing game...it's hard to have words...luckily I'm really busy...

Yep. Will always loathe the T2. It allows too much time for an opposing QB to think.
I don't think it was the scheme today... it was the inept offense that kept sending the D back on the field over and over again. This is the biggest issue I have with play fast... if you don't get first downs your D is not going to hold up for 4 quarters. The D was dominating for 3 quarters before getting tired in the 4th.

C'mon I'm as disappointed as anyone but where did you realistically think this team was going this year? Ceiling with our schedule and overall talent was probably 6-6. Yes, it's a bad loss, and we played terrible today (mostly on offense). This turnaround will be a process - we are recruiting better so there is hope for the future. Keep the faith everyone and let's hope for better results next week. For everyone who says it could be worse, we could be Rutgers - let's face reality in HCDB year 2, we basically are Rutgers, and have been for the past 15 years.

C'mon I'm as disappointed as anyone but where did you realistically think this team was going this year? Ceiling with our schedule and overall talent was probably 6-6. Yes, it's a bad loss, and we played terrible today (mostly on offense). This turnaround will be a process - we are recruiting better so there is hope for the future. Keep the faith everyone and let's hope for better results next week. For everyone who says it could be worse, we could be Rutgers - let's face reality in HCDB year 2, we basically are Rutgers, and have been for the past 15 years.

I thought the team might go 5-7 this year, but that included beating a CUSA team at home. This loss is terrible. That the season was unlikely to be good doesn't change that.

The people taking shots at Babers suck.
Go find an iron stick and you know what.

We lost.

Seriously. He can't make the important catches, defensive plays, run a route right, catch a punt for us, snap the ball well, and be a referee from the sideline. Any hate for him is completely misguided. Except maybe not letting the young guys play more as Custis was worthless, but his guys are inexperienced so he's doing what he can.

easy answer. When you play fast, you don't have a complete book. You don't get different packages on the field.
Then I want to play slower and diversify and confuse a defense. Not play fast with 4 plays and have a very poor defense know what I'll be doing.

Agree. Not to mention our defense being flat out pathetic in that 4th Q, giving up 21 points with our secondary repeatedly getting torched
They ran out of gas

This game stunk. But what was equally bad was watch ESPN. I have spectrum Time Warner and I couldn't get the game no matter what the hell I did. So I called Spectrum and they transferred me and then hung up on me. I got them back they transferred me put me on hold and then I told him I couldn't get the game. They said that it was because my browser wasn't updated and then said it was my Adobe that wasn't updated. I finally got it on my iPad but I couldn't get it on my desktop on my laptop. Then I have to get in the game I would lose the telecast and constantly get rebuffing . Then I would lose telecast and when it came back on and I wouldnt know what the hell happened. Then while the game was going on and important moments in the game The broadcast staff is interviewing McPherson and makes no comment on the play or what was going on The extra point it looks like they had a camera on the sideline on the 1 yard line looking across the field and you had idea where the hell the kick was going other than it was higher than the goalpost. They then went to commercial at one point in the game only to totally miss a Syracuse touchdown.

Last edited:
These games are painfully long. That makes it worse.
Back in the 70's before most games were televised, games lasted about 2 1/2 hours.

Games started at 1:30 pm and a lot were over before 4:00 pm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom