Game Thread: Virginia Tech | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Game Thread: Virginia Tech

LennX6 said:
Ron is solid passing the ball, and defensively. Oh and we found out he is pretty good in the press. BJ got some run tonite too and had good moments. I wanted his jumper sooooo to go in.
He helped us get a win tonite he should be very happy.

Isn't that kind of to be expected from all scholarship players that aren't freshman. Not taking away anything from the kid but he's not good. Serviceable at best.

That kick was so obvious. Not sure how we got possession there.
In order it should have been:
1. Kick
2. Out of Bounds to VT
3. Actually nothing else it should have been.
Kind of a goofy energy play by BJ that ended up real nice for us.

LennX6 said:
Ron is solid passing the ball, and defensively. Oh and we found out he is pretty good in the press. BJ got some run tonite too and had good moments. I wanted his jumper sooooo to go in. He helped us get a win tonite he should be very happy.

BJ helped us get the win tonight? He was last on the depth chart and scored two points. Relax. He was a non factor.

Seriously, been a fan since 1974-75 and this is the worst game I've ever seen a Cuse team play... We lost right?
Oh dear how soon we forget Gtown '80 here, Gtown '13 here, Navy '85 NCAA, '95 Maui vs Kentucky, Kansas '98 NCAA, '06 UMass, '98 Ohio U, '82 St Joes.....
I agree this sucked at least we won this...I always forget the games we suck in that we win :)

No, the 2-3 was the main reason for our large deficit, and the press was what got us back into the game
I was actually surprised we could shut it down for a play and turn it back on an it being effective.

Delmar said:
That's a good part of it, but he is going to have the stat sheet in front of him and cry bloody murder.

He can cry all he wants. His strategy going in was to take Roc out with physical play, mostly by undersized players. If they called every foul. Buzz would have had to alter their approach or watch his entire team foul out in the first half. As it is, the refs only called a fraction of the fouls and that is what kept Roc from scoring 50 and SU from winning by 15 despite their hot shooting.

GpiHbLK.jpg

BJ helped us get the win tonight? He was last on the depth chart and scored two points. Relax. He was a non factor.
He helped us get the win, perhaps a little too strong, but not really. The kid has shown little or nothing to date, if you could show a negative he'd have one. This was the first game in doubt where he contributed positive minutes. I'm actually thrilled for him and hope it sparks some confidence.

Oh dear how soon we forget Gtown '80 here, Gtown '13 here, Navy '85 NCAA, '95 Maui vs Kentucky, Kansas '98 NCAA, '06 UMass, '98 Ohio U, '82 St Joes...
I agree this sucked at least we won this...I always forget the games we suck in that we win :)

All those games were against pretty good competition Lenn. This was at home to a bottom feeder. Last year against BC was close but even though they lost that one, I didn't think they played as bad as they did tonight..

LennX6 said:
Oh dear how soon we forget Gtown '80 here, Gtown '13 here, Navy '85 NCAA, '95 Maui vs Kentucky, Kansas '98 NCAA, '06 UMass, '98 Ohio U, '82 St Joes.....

What about DePaul? Can't remember the year, someone will know. But we lost by like 40 to a bad DePaul team.

They didn't some calls that were fouls, absolutely.

We also had an intention to bang it inside.

He's actually turning into a good backup guard. If Joseph can get a little more dependable on both ends, the backcourt might be our strength by the end of the season.

Beer or liquor?

Beer or liquor?
Lagunitas IPA:)

I didn't say we would have a great or even good backcourt. I just said it would be our strongest unit.

Aside from Rak, all our remaining forwards (including G in the 3), are pretty tough to watch.

What about DePaul? Can't remember the year, someone will know. But we lost by like 40 to a bad DePaul team.
Oh yeah all I remember Devo was on the team. It was like we quit and it was on the road. Like '06 ish?

They wanted to keep the ratio close to normal.
hahaha
Either that or they now have to keep a perimeter unoccupied around Buzz to prevent cross-sweat contamination.

I missed my first minutes of Cuse hoops in 7 years and I get to the bar and see this score, is this real?

I'll bet you were glad you did at the end though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom