Game was over when Marek fouled out on that absurd call... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game was over when Marek fouled out on that absurd call...

a good team shouldn't lose to a team like this at home
see, and I do get what you're saying with your post, but this statement is just BS. look around. lots and lots of *good* teams losing at home to teams a lot worse than the bonnies...
but - yes - all that said we are better than the bonnies and should have won that game

its basketball, contact while not allowed will happen.. when the contact gives an advantage then call a foul, when its violent or dangerous call the foul. when its a push call the foul, when its guys going at speed and doesnt effect the play, just let it go..

i mean we play a physical game where its ok to grind and push down low, but a little touch out top is a foul.

see, and I do get what you're saying with your post, but this statement is just BS. look around. lots and lots of *good* teams losing at home to teams a lot worse than the bonnies...
but - yes - all that said we are better than the bonnies and should have won that game

I agree, and my wording probably didn't accuratly express what you said in your post or what I was trying to express, but yes we should have won that game. And yes "good" teams will lose at hime to underdogs from time to time obviously. My main point in my post was that, wholisticly, this team this year is not that great and these losses will hurt more due to our ceiling then a Duke loss to BC would, for example. This team has too many warts that are issues and will continue to be issues as the season progress (ie ball handeling, shooting, 1/2 court offense, etc). I think making the ncaa tourney is a good and realistic goal for this team. This is a team that, I will, enjoy watching grow player by player and not one that will make a final 4 run imo, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I agree, and my wording probably didn't accuratly express what you said in your post or what I was trying to express, but yes we should have won that game. And yes "good" teams will lose at hime to underdogs from time to time obviously. My main point in my post was that, wholisticly, this team this year is not that great and these losses will hurt more due to our ceiling then a Duke loss to BC would, for example. This team has too many warts that are issues and will continue to be issues as the season progress (ie ball handeling, shooting, 1/2 court offense, etc). I think making the ncaa tourney is a good and realistic goal for this team. This is a team that, I will, enjoy watching grow player by player and not one that will make a final 4 run imo, and there is nothing wrong with that.
agreed

But general20 says our D is deceptively good this year... so if he says it enough times it must be true.

In all seriousness I do appreciate general20’s game-to-game insight but I feel he is not as objective as he thinks he is. Nothing wrong with that though.

Our D is very good, but we do a horrible job of shutting down hot 3-pt shooters. You would have thought we learned that lesson from the KU game.

Last night's loss was a combo of bad defense in the first half and our inability to make easy buckets and FTs in the second.

But general20 says our D is deceptively good this year... so if he says it enough times it must be true.

In all seriousness I do appreciate general20’s game-to-game insight but I feel he is not as objective as he thinks he is. Nothing wrong with that though.

The Bonnies scored a total of 20 pts in the second half and overtime. We held them 16 pts below their average even with the extra 5 mins from OT.

Our defense didn't lose this game for us.

takes two to tango.
It takes two to tango is a common idiomatic expression which suggests something in which more than one person or other entity are paired in an inextricably-related and active manner, occasionally with negative connotations.
yes the defense was also to blame.

Idiotic post.

Go grind your ax elsewhere. Unlike you, general20 actually has tremendous hoops acumen, as well as objectivity.

You're the board version of chicken little.

Last edited:
Idiotic post.

Go grind your account elsewhere. Unlike you, general20 actually has tremendous hoops acumen, as well as objectivity.

You're the board version of chicken little.
You’re wasting bandwidth when you attack other posters. This is a sports forum not the high school gym locker.

You’re wasting bandwidth when you attack other posters. This is a sports forum not the high school gym locker.
That's right. It's a sports forum. If you post something, be prepared for someone to dispute said post. There was no attack. An attack would be 'You're an idiot' (which btw would not be allowed here). 'Idiotic post' is not a personal attack.

And yet, you took a shot at general20 in the post I responded to.

Hypocrite.
‘I didn’t think he was objective’ is an opinion. ‘Go grind your idiotic thoughts elsewhere’ is a juvenile attack. It’s sad that you can’t see the difference but frankly I don’t care. I’m not chasing likes like half the board.

‘I didn’t think he was objective’ is an opinion. ‘Go grind your idiotic thoughts elsewhere’ is a juvenile attack. It’s sad that you can’t see the difference but frankly I don’t care. I’m not chasing likes like half the board.
That loss was quite the early Christmas present for you. Happy holidays.

Speaking of juvenile attacks, quote: " But general20 says our D is deceptively good this year... so if he says it enough times it must be true."

Have a good night, hypocrite.

How many were surprised when SU awardedthe ball in closing seconds of reg when the refs reviewed if ball went off Ms knee?

'Chasing likes'.

Sorry, but lol. Likes are a way of saying a couple different things. One, that was funny. Two, I agree with what you say. Saying something that others agree with is not 'chasing likes' as you say. I'm sure you have gotten likes from people that agree with you. Were those posts you made 'chasing likes' too?

How many were surprised when SU awardedthe ball in closing seconds of reg when the refs reviewed if ball went off Ms knee?
The surprise to me was they felt the need to review when there was an official within 10 feet of the call looking directly at the play. I guess they didn't want to believe him.

'Chasing likes'.

Sorry, but lol. Likes are a way of saying a couple different things. One, that was funny. Two, I agree with what you say. Saying something that others agree with is not 'chasing likes' as you say. I'm sure you have gotten likes from people that agree with you. Were those posts you made 'chasing likes' too?

Why can’t he just register as another member so every time one or the other posts they can give each other a like. I think there’s a lot of fake likes on this board and I’m calling for the board to start an investigation!

Also I would like a count periodically of who and how many likes board members are giving out.
I think someone else is getting all my likes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom