GameDay in Philly... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GameDay in Philly...

This looks like quite a few more than 5 Temple fans to me at their Penn State opener. My prediction is a sold-out 60/40 crowd for Temple.

View attachment 53384

That would be nice.

I was down there for the 2012 finale and I think SU fans outnumbered Temple fans that day and the stadium was probably 1/4 full...

Forza Azzurri said:
That would be nice. I was down there for the 2012 finale and I think SU fans outnumbered Temple fans that day and the stadium was probably 1/4 full...

I was there too, we definitely won the day both on and off the field.

In this case, the city of Philadelphia, although quite clearly an Eagles town, loves a winner. They are rallying around Temple. This year will probably have the two most supported home games in the history of the program.

Wonder what Rhule's next move will be. You know State College is where he wants to be.

storange said:
Kudos to Temple, getting to 7-0 with their obstacles is a great job, it won't last.

One of the associates at my office is a Temple grad. He's going down for Gameday but he knows their coach is gone after this year and is just enjoying the ride.

I don't care if it's smoke and mirrors. I'd kill to be in their position. Genuinely hope the optimists are right, but I think they have as many, or more, wins right now than we will have over the course of two seasons.

Go Owls! It would be something to see them beat Penn State and Notre Dame in the same year.

One of the associates at my office is a Temple grad. He's going down for Gameday but he knows their coach is gone after this year and is just enjoying the ride.

I don't care if it's smoke and mirrors. I'd kill to be in their position. Genuinely hope the optimists are right, but I think they have as many, or more, wins right now than we will have over the course of two seasons.

Go Owls! It would be something to see them beat Penn State and Notre Dame in the same year.

I wonder where their coach will wind up? UVA maybe?

IthacaBarrel said:
I wonder where their coach will wind up? UVA maybe?

Imagine he'll have his pick of teams. South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland. Can't imagine Miami will go that route a second time.

I bet there are Paterno minions at Penn State that would love to get rid of the outsider and hire him.

I'll make the trip to Philly with my brother-in-law to see the Eags play under their new coach DM.
Ha Doug thought the fans where rough in Syracuse. Philly fans are rabid. Dm would actually be a good fit there mentality wise. Both fans and Doug are no nonsense just win types. But he would never ever be able to deal with the blowback.

They have made three good hires in a row. If anyone can find the next one that fits it's temples ad.