Garrett Shrader is a righteous dude. | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader is a righteous dude.

Crusty

Living Legend
Guy is a class act, great teammate. Selfless, courageous, tough, smart, talented and Mrs Crusty's all-time favorite (which is saying something with how much she adores Eric).

We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Garrett for saving the program from falling off a cliff the past two seasons. He certainly gave us many exciting performances.

Thanks #6. May you have the wind at your back and the sun on your face.
A grateful fan.

Shader finishes with a really unusual Cuse career. Sixth in passing yards, fourth in rushing TDs, ahead of McNabb and Don McPherson in rushing yards, sixth in passing TDs with fewer INTs than everyone ahead of him and Nunes behind him. He’s also got a 4-0 start and a 6-0 start to his credit, something almost no one in the program’s history can say. And he did all that in basically two full years of starting, plus a good chunk of a third year.

And yet, the injuries and some of the limitations leave you feeling like there was a lot more there that we just couldn’t quite tap into.

Kid is a warrior. Thrilled Dino brought him in. But man, hard to know entirely how to feel about his career as a whole.

Unique think about GS (at least to me) - I don’t think his extensive list of injuries was really about the OL. He’s one of the most fearless guys I’ve ever seen and that seems like the only way he can play.

Also - Dude has a better beard at 23 than I could grow and I’m in my 50’s.

the lady in the van GIF

It’s just too bad he was injury prone. He could have had one of the best QB careers in SU history if he had stayed healthy and SU would have one a lot more games. But to me he has so much talent and he will never truly be recognized for how good he actually is. If he had a full season he would have have been a 1st team all ACC player

Guy is a class act, great teammate. Selfless, courageous, tough, smart, talented and Mrs Crusty's all-time favorite (which is saying something with how much she adores Eric).

We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to Garrett for saving the program from falling off a cliff the past two seasons. He certainly gave us many exciting performances.

Thanks #6. May you have the wind at your back and the sun on your face.
A grateful fan.
Love Shrader!

So glad I had the chance to watch him compete for the Orange!

I’m confused how he could throw today but not last week. Loved watching him the last few years
It is the nature of any acute injury, and then specifically the nature of the cartilage in the shoulder injury like this is. Think of any ankle sprain you’ve had you’re pretty much not walking much for a couple weeks, translation here, just hard to do the throwing motion until things settle down a few weeks later. And if it’s not a torn ligament or more serious bone injury, you can bounce back and play, albeit with limitation’s. Dude is a fearless warrior, and now legend in my mind

Last edited:
Yeah you can’t question his grit and determination. Willing to do whatever he could for the team. I’ll always appreciate that. It just unfortunate we didn’t have better OL’s so that he wouldn’t have gotten so banged up both years.

Hope he gets healthy and gets a shot at the NFL.
I don’t see him at QB but i could certainly see him as a Taysom Hill type player. Kid is just a football player. Really loved watching him play. If it weren’t for injuries the last 2 years we will look back at what could have been. Very good college QB.

I do wonder who were these people in his ear telling him all these different things?

Garrett Shrader is a LEGEND

And I told him that at the senior walk….

And he’s beyond humble, he looked at me and just kind of chuckled and said thank you.

I meant it tho. The kid has done absolutely everything for this program. He’s thrown them on his back 100x and played beyond injured and tried to will this team to win.

Going to miss watching #6 play

One of the things I like about sports is the ability to see the character of guys who often don’t get a lot of media attention, but are great examples of how to live. Shrader was one of those guys, I’d pointed out to my kids how he deflected in the post-game Purdue interview about his four TDs and talked about how great the defense played. Watching him find a way to contribute over the last few weeks was special.

I tell my kids to always try their hardest and never quit, no matter what adversities come along - Shrader was a real life example of that mentality this year.

Last edited:
It is the nature of any acute injury, and then specifically the nature of the cartilage in the shoulder injury like this is. Think of any ankle sprain you’ve had you’re pretty much not walking much for a couple weeks, translation here, just hard to do the throwing motion until things settle down a few weeks later. And if it’s not a torn ligament or more serious bone injury, you can bounce back and play, albeit with limitation’s. Dude is a fearless warrior, and now legend in my mind
I feel like he has a frayed rotator cuff where it’s all management of strength and pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom