Garrett Shrader | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader

Where would Tommy go?
I don't think there would be many, if any, P5 programs banging on his door.

Edit: Maybe the bigger question is: if he loses the job, does he play out the season or enter the portal immediately?

Let’s be honest here. We know what he have with Devito and Dino’s job is on the line. What we have with Devito isn’t working and that’s very obvious. If Babers wants to keep his job you probably have to go with Schrader to be honest. Cause we aren’t winning games with Devito. It’s really just that obvious at this point. See what Schrader’s got cause it can’t be any worst than what he have now…we scored 7 points against Rutgers…..RUTGERS

Let’s be honest here. We know what he have with Devito and Dino’s job is on the line. What we have with Devito isn’t working and that’s very obvious. If Babers wants to keep his job you probably have to go with Schrader to be honest. Cause we aren’t winning games with Devito. It’s really just that obvious at this point. See what Schrader’s got cause it can’t be any worst than what he have now…we scored 7 points against Rutgers…..RUTGERS
We could be waking up on October 3rd knowing that Rutgers just gave up 50+ points in back to back games while we have barely 50+ points combined in 4 games vs FBS teams.

The idea that Tommy “is not working” and yet ranks ninth all time in Syracuse history in passing is something to contend with.

I get the frustration and if GS started the rest of the season and TD transferred out I would understand that outcome.

I just don’t get the over the top “make him worse than he is” takes.
Tommy is ninth all time because we throw the ball a lot now, as do most teams, this is a totally different era of college football, QBs are breaking team and national records every year. Maybe I am forgetting(I am not being sarcastic so correct me if I am wrong) but what game against a P5 team did Tommy put up good numbers and most of them weren't in garbage time when the game was out of hand? As a starter, not in 2018. Western Michigan in 2019 is the one game where I remember him being terrific, but that is a MAC defense. I don't think there is one person on this board who is saying Shrader is a slam dunk, those who want him to start are saying we are 100% screwed if Tommy is our starter and we at least would have some hope of a better outcome with Shrader as the unknown. 4 series tells us nothing.

The larger point is, once the bright lights shine down, he has proven that there is nothing "special" about him. He wasn't recruited to be a "game manager" in his 5th year in the program.

For whatever reason, TD has never looked comfortable/confident as QB-1. Not sure why, maybe outside pressure (you know who), the burden of following ED or simply to robotic.
I don’t think it’s this stark - but yeah, he needs to step up and play like his job is on the line and win some freaking games

I don't think there would be many, if any, P5 programs banging on his door.

Edit: Maybe the bigger question is: if he loses the job, does he play out the season or enter the portal immediately?
Immediately

Unless one of the two is an objective disaster what happens in the game against an 0-2 FCS team shouldn’t have anything to do with the decision, imo. You had a month of fall camp and two games against bad teams to figure it out.
Agree!!

Would make sense for Tommy if he loses out, but Schrader has 2 more years to be the starter here right?
Not sure he stays if he feels DB was not honest with him. Considering DB told him he would have a fair opportunity to win the job but then never really sees the field during the game may have a big impact.

AND - Shredder has already used up his 1 Get Out Of Jail FREE Card - so he'd have to sit out a season if he transferred again.

While Tommy could theoretically both come back next year, and/or also transfer without having to sit out, I've gotta imagine this is his last year in college, regardless -

He's not a spring chicken, probably already has his degree, and would probably want to at least try his hand at some sort of Pro football post-college.

(and no, I'm not saying that's necessarily a realistic option for him at this time, but you know how all of these guys are)
With the ncaa qbs seems never have to sit. Qb that transferred from fl to Kentucky to ucf granted immediately eligibility after one week. Ncaa a joke.

Who knows if Shrader or Morgan or Lamson are capable of succeeding with the plays that are being called?
Shrader has five completions on seven attempts this season. SSS.
Dino's not giving anybody other than TD much of a chance.

Plus, there are two tall, highly-rated WRs sitting on the bench.
And the playbook is dominated by two plays - handoff to Sean Tucker and a long pass to Taj Harris on the right sideline.

I think Dino has a really hard time believing in the potential for success on offense from young players.

Expecting six wins at this point is expecting Dino to make vast changes.
Dino is not that guy.
Maybe four years ago he was, but he's definitely not that guy now.
“You’re not that guy pal, trust me you’re not that guy”
“Okay, and you?”
“Absolutely”

F66A2E13-36C0-4870-8DC9-C5046069B3DC.jpeg

frankly I think most of the hate for Tommy comes due to the fact his father was here and loud for the last 2 years. GS hasn’t proved anything either yet people are acting like his is a sure fire winner and won’t make any mistakes
His per pass stats are consistently bad and we can suspect that he takes too many sacks trying avoid incompletions

Don't care one way or another about family members, I always ignore them

His per pass stats are consistently bad and we can suspect that he takes too many sacks trying avoid incompletions

Don't care one way or another about family members, I always ignore them
He currently has a worse career QB rating than Nunes. They have the same completion % but Nunes has more YPA. In the next 2 games if Tommy goes 31-55 with 859 yards and 5 TDs he will have the same stats, minus 1/3 the INTs.

It is funny that his INTs are so low given how poorly he was those first 3 games of 2019. Plus his last game in 2018 was ND. Maybe that is one reason he can't pull the trigger.

He currently has a worse career QB rating than Nunes. They have the same completion % but Nunes has more YPA. In the next 2 games if Tommy goes 31-55 with 859 yards and 5 TDs he will have the same stats, minus 1/3 the INTs.

It is funny that his INTs are so low given how poorly he was those first 3 games of 2019. Plus his last game in 2018 was ND. Maybe that is one reason he can't pull the trigger.
And he is playing in a much more offense friendly era than Nunes was. He is not a P5 QB and I don’t know why people think he is after seeing so many of his games. Yeah the OL has been bad but so has he

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom