Garrett Williams: Cardinals | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams: Cardinals

From far away and with no connections to the family, Geo Williams really seems like a really nice guy. He comes acrosss very genuine and always has kind words for Syracuse, the program and the players.
View attachment 227689

He absolutely is.

He’s very appreciative of Syracuse and everything with Syracuse

Great guy, great guy to have in our corner

I don't think the Cardinals are worried about anything but getting the #1 pick in the 2024 draft right now. Kyler Murray won't be around after this year either, IMO

Agreed, as evidenced by them cutting prohibitive favorite starting QB Colt McCoy, and rolling with lesser QBs. They are in full-on tank mode.

Makes sense to sit a player like Williams to let him heal up fully while the losses accumulate.

I don't think the Cardinals are worried about anything but getting the #1 pick in the 2024 draft right now. Kyler Murray won't be around after this year either, IMO
I feel like they're doing it so blatantly that some kind of NFL sanction is warranted. Although--Colt McCoy is nobody's idea of a savior.

Agreed, as evidenced by them cutting prohibitive favorite starting QB Colt McCoy, and rolling with lesser QBs. They are in full-on tank mode.

Makes sense to sit a player like Williams to let him heal up fully while the losses accumulate.
I’m a 60 year fan of the Cardinals. They are NOT tanking, they are just rebuilding this franchise from top to bottom. And it’s LONG overdue. And for what it’s worth, McCoy’s arm is toast & the guy they brought in (Dobbs) is far more familiar with the offense that their OC is running. Cardinals dumped a ton of has beens, will have at least 13-14 picks (6 picks in the first 3 rounds) in the 2024 draft, and will have anywhere from $80-100M to spend in FA next year. They have a bright future for sure. And Murray & Williams will both contribute THIS year. Take it to the bank. Don’t listen to the ESPN’s of the world. They are absolute morons.

I’m a 60 year fan of the Cardinals. They are NOT tanking, they are just rebuilding this franchise from top to bottom. And it’s LONG overdue. And for what it’s worth, McCoy’s arm is toast & the guy they brought in (Dobbs) is far more familiar with the offense that their OC is running. Cardinals dumped a ton of has beens, will have at least 13-14 picks (6 picks in the first 3 rounds) in the 2024 draft, and will have anywhere from $80-100M to spend in FA next year. They have a bright future for sure. And Murray & Williams will both contribute THIS year. Take it to the bank. Don’t listen to the ESPN’s of the world. They are absolute morons.
Maybe they are tanking, maybe they aren't. But they are 31-50 in the last 5 years (yes, I am sure you know that). They actually don't need to tank (even though I think they started last year). Because they have good young players, but they just aren't very good. So it's kind of a wash. The win total is 4.5 most places. So the logical conclusion is: 1. they have tanked and are done, 2. they aren't done tanking, or 3. they just aren't very good. IMO, it's a combo of 1 and 3. Lowest projected Win Total in the league.

OOC Away (not easy): Eagles and Steelers
OOC Home (not easy): Giants, Ravens, Bengals

So I HEAR you...and know what you are saying. They are rebuilding (top to bottom) and definitely the right thing to do. But they don't necessarily have to tank because they aren't that good. And when you have the Texans 1st round pick, there's no one in the management team that has high expectations.

Not bagging on you for being a Cardinals fan, just saying it might be a little different than you are seeing it as a fan. Now, they go ATL, RAMS, Texans, Steelers...so maybe they do go into that game with momentum. But it's also Pittsburgh in DEC after 3 warm weather games. Just saying, depending on the spread in that game...i've got my eye on it. I also agree with you that many people are overrating (maybe WAY overrating) the players that left.

44cuse

Thanks for the fan perspective.

But how to rebuild from top to bottom? You acquire the #1 draft pick in a year where there's a great QB prospect -- which is exactly what the Cardinals appear to be doing.

I don't believe that Murray is in their future, and it appears that they are focused on Caleb Williams as their target.

Will be interesting to seee how it unfolds.

Just sharing a note here. I have some friends that are close to this cardinals situation. From people in the nfl world and friends that live in Scottsdale that play a lot of golf with people close to the situation so don’t shoot the messenger.

There is a discussion that the cardinals are going to tank for Caleb williams and that Kyler is going to play baseball next year. Kyler is not well liked not only on his team but throughout the league. If the cards don’t win games early, they won’t play him this year and then he can move on.

Don’t shoot me. But that’s truly what I heard and what’s going around Scottsdale and Phoenix

Thanks for the fan perspective.

But how to rebuild from top to bottom? You acquire the #1 draft pick in a year where there's a great QB prospect -- which is exactly what the Cardinals appear to be doing.

I don't believe that Murray is in their future, and it appears that they are focused on Caleb Williams as their target.

Will be interesting to seee how it unfolds.
I'd love for the Cards to plan for Caleb Williams to join Garrett Williams, but I'm also hoping for AZ to snag our Garrett Schrader maybe in a later round so we can have fun here in the Valley with the word salad the names provide.
Looking forward to wearing my SU gear in State Farm Stadium when he's on the field. I'm closer to this arena than I ever was to the Dome all those years with season tickets.

Just sharing a note here. I have some friends that are close to this cardinals situation. From people in the nfl world and friends that live in Scottsdale that play a lot of golf with people close to the situation so don’t shoot the messenger.

There is a discussion that the cardinals are going to tank for Caleb williams and that Kyler is going to play baseball next year. Kyler is not well liked not only on his team but throughout the league. If the cards don’t win games early, they won’t play him this year and then he can move on.

Don’t shoot me. But that’s truly what I heard and what’s going around Scottsdale and Phoenix
Trust me, whoever is feeding you that garbage doesn’t have a clue. Murray will be the Cardinals QB this year & beyond. If Murray played against WA, they would have won by 2 touchdowns. Even so, their D was dominant. That game was a perfect example as to why the Cardinals are NOT tanking. When Murray returns, this team will be a tough out EVERY week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom