Garrett Williams torn ACL, out for season | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Williams torn ACL, out for season

Does Williams come back for next season? Now he won't get drafted and will need to make an NFL team as an UDFA. Or he can come back and potentially get drafted a year later?

Does Williams come back for next season? Now he won't get drafted and will need to make an NFL team as an UDFA. Or he can come back and potentially get drafted a year later?
He is young enough that i believe its in his best interest to return

Just unbelievable. Hurts when you officially see it. I still think he gets drafted.

he's too injury prone to risk coming back. Hopefully he gets some cisco type treatment and gets drafted, albeit later than the 3rd round.

This is truly unfortunate. Hopefully he is getting second opinions on what to do next year. Might make sense for him to come back, but might not.

Kid def has a legit shot at an NFL career.

with no knowledge of how these things work I'd imagine if he stays at syracuse at least any and all rehab will be on their dime. Not sure if he leaves in May what they'd still be on the hook for.

Does he come back for another year now? Will be a challenge for him to make it back healthy before the draft, almost certainly wont be 100%.

Devastating. It may be time to re-evaluate either out Strength And Conditioning program or the Dome Turf...all of these injuries are happening at home.

If GW does get drafted, in all probability it will be in the later rounds now due to the injury. Depending upon the extent of the damages, recovery period, etc., he'll undoubtedly miss the NFL combines and NFL OTA's.

Since these injuries and recovery period can take up to a year before getting back on the field, and we are now hitting November, a team would likely have to be willing to place him on injured reserved as he won't be on the field (pro or college) by the start of it.

He will definitely get drafted. It for sure hurts his value...but does returning help that much? He can't play a full season next year right? He'd have to return at best midway through. So what does that do for his value?

I would think getting drafted this year is the safer play to be honest.

I want him to get drafted but I can see teams backing off. He won’t be able to work out for the combines. He might have to consider coming back. Some teams might be willing to draft him and have him redshirt

He will definitely get drafted. It for sure hurts his value...but does returning help that much? He can't play a full season next year right? He'd have to return at best midway through. So what does that do for his value?

I would think getting drafted this year is the safer play to be honest.

Many athletes recover in 6-9 months.

Awful. Really unfortunate.

Wish he hadn't gotten injured on that play against NC State, because that set wheels in motion for what occurred with him rushing back to play Saturday.
yeah I think so as well

9 month rehab puts him into August.
Yep. People are thinking old school recovery for ACL. I am not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently and I think depending on swelling he could go in as soon as a few weeks for surgery and then boom right to rehab. Cisco's recovery was really fast.

GW in ADJW's office after the season: "Either the turf goes or I go".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom