Gbinije | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije

interesting gbinije stat. his 2 pt shooting percentage has gone up from 41% to 50%

odd year. 2 pt shooting 23% improvement (9 percentage points)
3 pt shooting 47% improvement (17 percentage point)
ft shooting 20% decline (14 percentagee points)

Silent G is quietly putting together an historic season shooting the ball from beyond the arc. He's currently at 50.9% from three in league games. I'm pretty sure that this is the best percentage that any SU player has ever posted in league (ACC or Big East) play.

To put it in perspective, if he were possessed by the ghost of Ron Patterson and made 7 of his next 53 three point attempts, he'd still have a higher percentage than Cooney.
Cooney (and Rak) are why he is wide open when he shoots them.

The point I'm making is that I don't think there's any point in thinking for another player, or trying to get in his head.

Whether or not he's on anyones mock drafts is kind of beside the point, unless the NBA is now the only professional league on the planet. G will be 24 when he finishes his career here. He will have a (relatively) small window to make money as a professional basketball player. He will graduate this year after player four years of college ball.

Do I think he leaves? No. Would I leave? No. Would it surprise me if he goes? Not really.

I have no sources. I'm just a guy on a message board. You call it stirring rumors or whatever. Last I checked this was a message board and as long it's deemed acceptable for discussion, I think it's a valid subject.

I never said you were starting rumors. I do think there are other people pushing it as a rumor though, who claim to have insider information, and to this point their information is never proven true.

I can see your point, I just don't see it happening.

The point I'm making is that I don't think there's any point in thinking for another player, or trying to get in his head.

Whether or not he's on anyones mock drafts is kind of beside the point, unless the NBA is now the only professional league on the planet. G will be 24 when he finishes his career here. He will have a (relatively) small window to make money as a professional basketball player. He will graduate this year after player four years of college ball.

Do I think he leaves? No. Would I leave? No. Would it surprise me if he goes? Not really.

I have no sources. I'm just a guy on a message board. You call it stirring rumors or whatever. Last I checked this was a message board and as long it's deemed acceptable for discussion, I think it's a valid subject.

Nice post. I agree totally. After last year, I no longer am surprised by anyone leaving and always consider the possibility. (And I'm not trying to start another discussion about whether or not Tyler and Jerami made good decisions or not).

I remember back in the day when you were bored in school, some people doodled. But I drew up Syracuse depth charts - along with a few others on the board I'm sure. It seemed like my projections were usually right on target. Now it's hard to do that. Oh how times have changed.

Nice post. I agree totally. After last year, I no longer am surprised by anyone leaving and always consider the possibility. (And I'm not trying to start another discussion about whether or not Tyler and Jerami made good decisions or not).

I remember back in the day when you were bored in school, some people doodled. But I drew up Syracuse depth charts - along with a few others on the board I'm sure. It seemed like my projections were usually right on target. Now it's hard to do that. Oh how times have changed.

LOL. I did that in college.

LOL. I did that in college.

Another of mine was to name as many players throughout our history as I could think of. Good thing the teacher never asked me why I had two pages of notes while everyone else only had a half page.

Gnijile isn't going pro. If anything he will take his degree, and move on.

McCollough on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave despite everything.

I have heard that Gbinje may not have pro aspirations, but that was before he was considered draftable. I would think he's reconsidered that line of thought if someone is dangling millions in from if you.

I highly doubt he just walks away from the game after how he's played recently.

I have heard that Gbinje may not have pro aspirations, but that was before he was considered draftable. I would think he's reconsidered that line of thought if someone is dangling millions in from if you.

I highly doubt he just walks away from the game after how he's played recently.

Right, for someone who has seemingly worked as hard as he has to get to the level he is at now, a lack of passion for the game would be the last thing I would assume for Silent G.

G needs to improve his defense to play in the NBA but he won't improve that next year. I think he will return but to be a pro he needs to be a better defender.

Silent G is quietly putting together an historic season shooting the ball from beyond the arc. He's currently at 50.9% from three in league games. I'm pretty sure that this is the best percentage that any SU player has ever posted in league (ACC or Big East) play.

To put it in perspective, if he were possessed by the ghost of Ron Patterson and made 7 of his next 53 three point attempts, he'd still have a higher percentage than Cooney.

Yes, Silent G has been playing great of late, but you are getting a little carried away there. He's ranked #93 in the nation in 3 pt shooting and is at 42.5% in the ACC (5th place). Yea, he shot great in the first half against Duke, but he finished 5 for 8 (62.5%) from three. Southerland went 9 of 13 (69.2%) against Arkansas and 6 for 6 against Pitt from 3 (I think that's 100%). Cooney went 9 for 12 (75%) against Notre Dame last year. It's been done before many times.

I can't decide which idea makes less sense to me. Silent G leaving when he is on no draft board or the idea that he wouldn't want to play professionally. We will call it a tie. Silent G isn't leaving and it's not because he doesn't want to play in the NBA.

Yes, Silent G has been playing great of late, but you are getting a little carried away there. He's ranked #93 in the nation in 3 pt shooting and is at 42.5% in the ACC (5th place). Yea, he shot great in the first half against Duke, but he finished 5 for 8 (62.5%) from three. Southerland went 9 of 13 (69.2%) against Arkansas and 6 for 6 against Pitt from 3 (I think that's 100%). Cooney went 9 for 12 (75%) against Notre Dame last year. It's been done before many times.

1) I'm referring only to conference games. He's at 50.9% in league play.
2) No SU player has ever shot 50% from three point range in league play for a full season (Big East or ACC games only), so no, IT HASN'T been done before.
3) I'm talking about conference season-long stats, not single game stats.

Yes, it's only 2/3rds of the way through the ACC season but if Gbinije shoots 50% from three over the last 6 games he will have turned in an historic season. (FWIW I expect his percentage to fall off over the last 6 games since we are done playing the soft part of our schedule).

I can't decide which idea makes less sense to me. Silent G leaving when he is on no draft board or the idea that he wouldn't want to play professionally. We will call it a tie. Silent G isn't leaving and it's not because he doesn't want to play in the NBA.

I am hoping that the lack of attention he is getting, coupled with the fact we are due to get the kind of luck you see the Duke/UNC/UK's get with good players returning to school for a change.

1) I'm referring only to conference games. He's at 50.9% in league play.
2) No SU player has ever shot 50% from three point range in league play for a full season (Big East or ACC games only), so no, IT HASN'T been done before.
3) I'm talking about conference season-long stats, not single game stats.

Yes, it's only 2/3rds of the way through the ACC season but if Gbinije shoots 50% from three over the last 6 games he will have turned in an historic season. (FWIW I expect his percentage to fall off over the last 6 games since we are done playing the soft part of our schedule).

Well true, he is at 50.9% in ACC league play for "3PT FG %", but for "3PT FG Made" he is in 9th place. Trevor Cooney is in first place there :). Says something for the state of the ACC this year. Here's how Silent G is doing nationally for 3PT FG%. Nothing much to crow about I am afraid.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...3-points/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct/count/81

Well true, he is at 50.9% in ACC league play for "3PT FG %", but for "3PT FG Made" he is in 9th place. Trevor Cooney is in first place there :). Says something for the state of the ACC this year. Here's how Silent G is doing nationally for 3PT FG%. Nothing much to crow about I am afraid.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...3-points/sort/threePointFieldGoalPct/count/81

9th place, but only 7 made threes behind Cooney. And he's shooting it at a much (MUCH) higher efficiency.

What's interesting is how nobody "leaves early" on this board.

shandeezy7 said:
Right, for someone who has seemingly worked as hard as he has to get to the level he is at now, a lack of passion for the game would be the last thing I would assume for Silent G.
I don't think it's lack of passion, but more that he never thought he would have the opportunity. Things may change now, but that was his thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom