Gbinije | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije

G is having the year junior Fair had. He is sooooo wide open on his attempts. They both had a pretty but slow shot going up, hopefully this team and next years can continue giving him open looks. May pose difficult next year without Raks inside presence.

G is ten times the ball handler and outside shooter Fair was. Fair had a very slow release and had limited ability to go right. Mike does not suffer from these limitations. He is open because the threat of his dribble drive keeps defenders off him. He's not open because they are just not worried about him shooting.

He's just now turning into a superstar. He won't have the Spring to showcase himself. He has a shot to be a 1st round NBA draft pick if he continues what he's doing through another season. Yes - he can make a living playing ball somewhere, but just now he's showing he's got the tools in the shed to be a NBA level player.

Staying another year will maximize his value. If his game levels off and he isn't quite NBA material - then he still will get his overseas career. I'll wager he goes for it - and that he's back next year.

1. I intentionally left out "NBA" and intentionally added "somewhere." You can make decent money overseas, and you have a small window to do so professionally.

2. I am not saying he will leave, and obviously I don't want him to (I tend toward pessimism, but I AM a Syracuse fan.). All I'm saying is there is a possibility he could leave. Someone, somewhere will pay him to play ball.
There is another option.

If he gets his degree this spring, he can transfer to another D-I school for his last year of eligibility. That would really scorch me.

G is ten times the ball handler and outside shooter Fair was. Fair had a very slow release and had limited ability to go right. Mike does not suffer from these limitations. He is open because the threat of his dribble drive keeps defenders off him. He's not open because they are just not worried about him shooting.

While I agree with your post in general, "limited ability to go right" is just silly. Fair was limited to go right because he was a lefty. G is a righty and far from adept at going left.

There is this one guy who transferred here and ended up staying for his 5th year, Wesley Johnson, name ring a bell? Just cause G is having a good year doesn't mean he gone.

There is this one guy who transferred here and ended up staying for his 5th year, Wesley Johnson, name ring a bell? Just cause G is having a good year doesn't mean he gone.
um, no that's not how it went with Wes

Incorrect. Wes skipped his last year of eligibility to go to the NBA.

Now if we can just get him to shoot his Free throws from the 3-point line, his numbers there might go up;)

I'm shocked it took 22 posts before that made it up here ... ;)

Now if we can just get him to shoot his Free throws from the 3-point line, his numbers there might go up;)
Actually, he's been decent the past couple of games. Plus, he made the clutch pair at the end of the VT game.

MG might just be done with school. Not sure he wants to continue on for his masters. I don't even think he is thinking nba just other options

Zero chance Buss makes that many.

He's made 8 of 49 this season, so 7 for 54 is an entirely reasonable number, it's actually a few percent lower than his percentage this year.

He's made 8 of 49 this season, so 7 for 54 is an entirely reasonable number, it's actually a few percent lower than his percentage this year.
Early season ron...maybe. Now ron might not hit rim that often.

MG might just be done with school. Not sure he wants to continue on for his masters. I don't even think he is thinking nba just other options
I just don't understand, it seems anyone who plays extremely high level D-1 Basketball going to Duke and Syracuse would have those aspirations. For someone who actually has a shot at the NBA to just not care is strange given his want to compete at the highest level in college.

I just don't understand, it seems anyone who plays extremely high level D-1 Basketball going to Duke and Syracuse would have those aspirations. For someone who actually has a shot at the NBA to just not care is strange given his want to compete at the highest level in college.

I agree, but if I was Grant I'd have stayed in school as well.

I agree, but if I was Grant I'd have stayed in school as well.

Grant was at least on Mock Draft Boards. Gbinije isn't even on anyones top 100 list.

G's best chance to live his dream and play NBA ball is to come back and be the man here at SU next season. Unless we are getting another ban, which I personally don't believe we will, G would not entertain the thought of going somewhere else for his 5th year. It just makes zero sense.

So if he comes back and doesn't quite have the kind of year to put him on an NBA roster, his options overseas are still there. He gets to come back and lead a possible Title contending Syracuse squad next season which I think is a fact that is being underrated in all of this talk.

Grant was at least on Mock Draft Boards. Gbinije isn't even on anyones top 100 list.

The point I'm making is that I don't think there's any point in thinking for another player, or trying to get in his head.

Whether or not he's on anyones mock drafts is kind of beside the point, unless the NBA is now the only professional league on the planet. G will be 24 when he finishes his career here. He will have a (relatively) small window to make money as a professional basketball player. He will graduate this year after player four years of college ball.

Do I think he leaves? No. Would I leave? No. Would it surprise me if he goes? Not really.

I have no sources. I'm just a guy on a message board. You call it stirring rumors or whatever. Last I checked this was a message board and as long it's deemed acceptable for discussion, I think it's a valid subject.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom