Geico HS Lax Nationals | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Geico HS Lax Nationals

I want our guys to play on national TV & in as many big games as possible though, I will say, IMG is a tough program to root for. Really wanted to see an IMG-Hill rematch.

Was really impressed with Jared Fernandez, just a GB machine & very fast in the open field. Blankets his man on D & throws violent, yet well-placed/timed, legal checks. Pretty short in stature though, looks about 5'9". Physically, he reminds me of Ralph D'Agostino. I could see him getting a look on FO wings with the pole as a frosh. After seeing Hemler move to SSDM for the 1st time all year vs Towson, I'm almost interested to see what Fernandez could do with a short stick. Personally, I'd like to see both stay at LSM & think Helmer is a future All American LSM
Zawada looks so good for a sophomore and he appears to be playing attack right now. I like his versatility.

A Canadian athletic prep school won the US HS Nationals.

They need to push this back a few weeks so NYS teams can participate.

Agree. Imo. Top publics in tristate area are just as good or better. That label of HS Nationals was a croc

Last year's Victor and J-D teams would have beaten everybody.

a couple of those Connecticut teams are also as good as anybody. That Darien team I watched thump Niskayuna this year is as good a HS team as I've seen. They're 22-0 right now and this year have beaten:

Yorktown 15-4 (NYS Section 1 champ Class B)
Niskayuna 17-9 (NYS Section 2 champ Class B)
Manhasset 12-8 (was top seeded NYS Section 8 team in Class B - just got upset by Garden City)

I don't know how you nationally rank high school teams, but here are rankings:

High School Lacrosse Rankings - MaxPreps

Under Armour/IL Top 25 High School Power Rankings: Week 12