General recruiting question: | Syracusefan.com

General recruiting question:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Do our insiders have any idea on how big a class Red is looking to bring in next year?

what centers have we been linked lately to in the ‘25 class? I don’t recall any names

Most likely minimum of 4… they are preparing for Donnie to go to the draft next year. So I expect PG, Sadiq, Kiyan and a center at minimum
I know this is nuts but I'd take 6. The four you mentioned (must be Gilhool or we're stealth recruiting a 5), plus Jemison, plus Elson.

what centers have we been linked lately to in the ‘25 class? I don’t recall any names

7 feet 210… why does no one feed these kids

Also not a chance in hell he comes here

It’s an interesting dilemma. I would say there is a higher chance that a 2-4 position player is more likely ready to play freshman year than a 1 and 5 position player. On the rare occasion there is a PG and C out of high school that is a generational talent and you have an in, you should obviously put your effort to try to go get that player. Having said that, power conference teams and Syracuse I would imagine will more likely prioritize recruiting the 2-4 position from high school recruiting and the 1 and 5 position through the portal to get experienced PG and Centers more often than not.

Didn't we just try that with all the 2022 guys?
Considering there was a change in head coach I wouldn't use that as the typical case.

Dasher mentioned re: Copeland for example that part of the conflict was that Red was running a program different from what Copeland signed up for under JB.

I think we're headed for an era where only the top 8 players on a roster get paid real money and the rest of the roster gets filled out with fungible end-of-the-bench types who will either get recruited over every year or transfer down for more PT.

I know this is nuts but I'd take 6. The four you mentioned (must be Gilhool or we're stealth recruiting a 5), plus Jemison, plus Elson.
Gilhool had a relationship with Gerry ...we may miss out now. I wouldn't lose sleep ...he looks like a project ...we need someone to plug in immediately and be a factor

I think we're headed for an era where only the top 8 players on a roster get paid real money and the rest of the roster gets filled out with fungible end-of-the-bench types who will either get recruited over every year or transfer down for more PT.
I think you're right, but there will be a tiering to it.

Top tier - a few guys get really rich NIL, rotation guys get something that's a high level standard, bench fodder gets something better than they can get elsewhere

Tier B - top 8 scenario you described

Tier C - lower level program that has a handful of guys on anything that even slightly moves the needle. Enough to differentiate recruiting but not enough to keep top guys, who find their way to the top tier or tier b

Something like that.

How many kinda depends. Right now we have a 10 man roster. 4 are seniors, definitely gone. Starling will probably go pro, and Freeman may very well. Even Bell, who has the three point shooting the pros love, could go. That leaves Westry, Moore, and Cuffe (portal possible), all guards. I think we probably need 4 freshman and 3-4 portal guys. I really don’t see us recruiting a center who could step in day 1, so that’s an almost certain portal need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom