Does Carlos start next to JJ? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does Carlos start next to JJ?

Yes.

1000004810.jpg

4 of the 5 starting positions would appear to be set in stone. Lampkin, Freeman, Bell and JJ. The last position is really the open question. Do we start Carlos to get a pure pg on the floor or does Red go another direction with someone like Taylor and let JJ handle the ball to start the game?

My guess is he starts. We’re just trying to get into the tourney. We were clearly chasing PGs this offseason for a reason.

Start Carlos and if it blows up, slide JJ over and duct tape it together. Is what it is.

It's bad news all around. I can't imagine Carlos and JJ defensively will be beyond dreadful but probably better on offense than the alternative.

I hope the defense is better, I just don't see it.
Offense will be this team’s strength. The defense won’t be great but it doesn’t need to be. It just needs be better than recent years, especially that Buddy, Jimmy, Cole Swider team, which was awful. This team has more athleticism, quickness, experience and depth so we should be able to defend better. JJ is really fast and athletic and has a large wingspan so he should be a good defender. I don’t know why he was so weak last season. I hope he’s been working on his defense in the offseason.

Offense will be this team’s strength. The defense won’t be great but it doesn’t need to be. It just needs be better than recent years, especially that Buddy, Jimmy, Cole Swider team, which was awful. This team has more athleticism, quickness, experience and depth so we should be able to defend better. JJ is really fast and athletic and has a large wingspan so he should be a good defender. I don’t know why he was so weak last season. I hope he’s been working on his defense in the offseason.
I'm hoping we take advantage of the depth and athleticism to press a little.

Pressing speeds up the game, and had the added advantage of making the guys feel like their playing for a long time even in short minutes.

Nobody likes running suicides for 4-6 minutes stretches.

They'll happy to come out for a breather. :)

Pasqualoni once explained why a really highly recruited kid with great measurables wasn't playing many snaps.

"It doesn't matter how fast you are when you're running in the wrong direction."

I think Starling and Mintz were running the wrong direction a lot of the time. I wonder if Starling will be better just having somebody new next to him.

If we lost Maliq to Duke so Jyare could start and Donnie could be a bench guy we should fire the whole staff.
All I’m saying is Jyare will be a good ACC player, has lots of experience and that Donnie might not be super impactful from Day 1, especially after a shorter summer. He will have a good year and show lots of flashes

All I’m saying is Jyare will be a good ACC player, has lots of experience and that Donnie might not be super impactful from Day 1, especially after a shorter summer. He will have a good year and show lots of flashes
Freeman's "shorter summer" came because he was playing for his national team in the Olympics.

I don't think that experience slowed his development. I wish he had played more, but just being around those guys and practicing with them will really accelerate his growth curve.

Freeman's "shorter summer" came because he was playing for his national team in the Olympics.

I don't think that experience slowed his development. I wish he had played more, but just being around those guys and practicing with them will really accelerate his growth curve.

Plus we want and need him to settle in and get as much out of his one year (most likely) we can. You have the experience around him and off the bench for stability but need the kid to do his thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom