General20, I got a fever and the only prescription is... | Syracusefan.com

General20, I got a fever and the only prescription is...

I think y'all should not take us lightly. While we don't have any stars so to speak, we are very solid at every position, and their is virtually no drop off with our second team. We are very deep and tend to wear teams out with that depth. However, I think the 2-3 zone y'all employ tends to save energy on defense, so I don't know if Syracuse will get as tired as the other teams we play. I can't wait! I think it will be close, but I wouldn't be surprised if UVA won by 10 or more.

Ugh...I never understood the "y'all" thing. God that drives me crazy. Just makes you sound so stupid

Last edited:
I think y'all should not take us lightly. While we don't have any stars so to speak, we are very solid at every position, and their is virtually no drop off with our second team. We are very deep and tend to wear teams out with that depth. However, I think the 2-3 zone y'all employ tends to save energy on defense, so I don't know if Syracuse will get as tired as the other teams we play. I can't wait! I think it will be close, but I wouldn't be surprised if UVA won by 10 or more.

No one is taking you lightly.

People on this board may be taking you Hoos lightly but I can assure you Jimmy and the boys are not. I hope you come back here Saturday to eat your crow.

Time for ya'll to head back to your archaic forum.

a "Virginia Pre-Game Thoughts" thread.

Break it down for us homie!

(Hate to call ya out cuz I know you put a lot of work into it, but I'm juiced for this weekends game!)

Ive been busy with a (non-basketball related) writing project that has eaten into the time I usually assign to writing about Syracuse.

The good news is I am turning that writing project in today.

The bad news is I am going to get absolutely hammered while watching that Virginia game (big family party).

But I promise to write something up, and I'll do the best I can with it.

EDIT: Almost forgot! My quick thought on the game is this, Virginia seems to do a lot defensively to keep teams from getting to the basket. The sacrifice (and there always is one) is giving up open mid range jump shots. This is generally pretty smart basketball strategy since the mid range jump shot is the worst shot in basketball. However, Fair is a master at hitting mid range shots (and he seems to have found his stroke against Maryland after being in a bit of a slump) and Ennis is a master of the mid range floater.

There is almost no doubt this will be a close/low scoring game. If I had to bet, I would bet that if Fair's mid range shot is falling (bonus points if Grant's is also) that Syracuse comes away with a win.

Last edited:
Ive been busy with a (non-basketball related) writing project that has eaten into the time I usually assign to writing about Syracuse.

The bad news is I am going to get absolutely hammered while watching that Virginia game (big family party).

EDIT: Almost forgot! My quick though on the game is this, Virginia seems to do a lot defensively to keep teams from getting to the basket. The sacrifice (and there always is one) is giving up open mid range jump shots to play this way. This is generally pretty smart basketball strategy since the mid range jump shot is the worst shot in basketball. However, Fair is a master at hitting mid range shots (and he seems to have found his stroke against Maryland after being in a bit of a slump) and Ennis is a master of the mid range floater.

There is almost no doubt this will be a close/low scoring game. If I had to bet, I would bet that if Fair's mid range shot is falling (bonus points if Grant's is also) that Syracuse comes away with a win.

A non-basketball related writing project? Well this is outrageous! Why are you letting real life get in the way of your syracusefan.com responsibilities? :)

Actually I no longer read every thread like I used to, but I never miss your posts!

dude we know. your team has no weaknesses. we shouldnt even bother to show up.

EDIT: Almost forgot! My quick thought on the game is this, Virginia seems to do a lot defensively to keep teams from getting to the basket. The sacrifice (and there always is one) is giving up open mid range jump shots. This is generally pretty smart basketball strategy since the mid range jump shot is the worst shot in basketball. However, Fair is a master at hitting mid range shots (and he seems to have found his stroke against Maryland after being in a bit of a slump) and Ennis is a master of the mid range floater.

We'll take what we can get! Enjoy the game Saturday. I'll be sipping my way to a happy coma as well... my buddy's 30th b-day party up in Roc catered by Dino BBQ and watching the Cuse stomp some Hoos! Couldn't script it better!!

People on this board may be taking you Hoos lightly but I can assure you Jimmy and the boys are not. I hope you come back here Saturday to eat your crow.
I will come back Saturday even if we lose. I will eat my crow and congratulate, but I think we win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom