George McDonald's challenge | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

George McDonald's challenge

Gotta love this guy, at least he's promoting it

George McDonald@CoachGMcDonaldNo excuses just results lets rock the dome this weekend for the spring game #20,000fans!

George McDonald@CoachGMcDonald
22h
Not feeling the love #CuseNation #CuseFamily I know we can get 20 thousand to support our football team 4-20-13 #ROCKDADOME

22h
@Jimmywilkins no excuses lets get fans in the stands popcorn in hand!

another reason to attend. From AJ Long

"I'm flying into Syracuse and then we are going to get some Syracuse gear and then meet up with the Staff. K.J. and I will be hanging with the players Friday evening and maybe Saturday before we leave, I can't wait. I want to see what kind of love we get from the Orange Nation and see how the Coaches coach. I need everyone to help me show K.J. why SU is the place for both of us."

Gotta love this guy, at least he's promoting it

George McDonald@CoachGMcDonaldNo excuses just results lets rock the dome this weekend for the spring game #20,000fans!

22h
Not feeling the love #CuseNation #CuseFamily I know we can get 20 thousand to support our football team 4-20-13 #ROCKDADOME

22h
@Jimmywilkins no excuses lets get fans in the stands popcorn in hand!

another reason to attend. From AJ Long

"I'm flying into Syracuse and then we are going to get some Syracuse gear and then meet up with the Staff. K.J. and I will be hanging with the players Friday evening and maybe Saturday before we leave, I can't wait. I want to see what kind of love we get from the Orange Nation and see how the Coaches coach. I need everyone to help me show K.J. why SU is the place for both of us."

To quote an old song, he's looking for love in all the wrong places. I'll be happy to say hello to them, but if the spring game is a big deal, SU could be in trouble.

ill be bringing a friend. thats 2. There is no reason football cant be huge in syracuse - we at least should be able to match vanderbilts support

I wish it was well enough attended that SUcould justify running the shuttles from manley and/or skytop.

People act like we are Rutgers or uconn or duke football or something? We have just as much or more tradition then most of the country. I was at the Dome in the 80's when it was packed. our fan base aas just as rabid as anyone . We had what 1 bad decade and everyone bails on the program? Pretty pathetic honestly.
If you are referring to the attitude of fans and the coaches during recruiting, you have to allow for the fact success has always been a factor of "What have you done lately?" Tradition and and or history is meaningless to kids who are into the NOW You think these kids have ever seen video of our greets players and read the sites that describe our traditions and history? You all know better than that. Even Donovan McNabb is starting to fade from memory.i've seen most if not all of the big names play live and on television.That has shaped my feelings going back to the 1950s That makes me a geezer. Kids today might know Nassib and Jerome Smith.and thats only if Syracuse showed some interest and they caught a few games on tv including the minor bow game we won impressively.Even the greates running back in football history is slowly losing his place at the top of the RB mountain.Coaches can't speak of the past until interest in Syracuse is achieved . Then and only then do yopu educate them with tradition and history.:cool:

Well they streamed Clemsons' game and they were still able to get 30,000 out for their Spring Game.
Louisville had over 33k for their Spring Game...this is why UL was a homerun for the ACC. I hope we can get 7k.

Syracuse Athletic Department or Student Government should have a BBQ on the Quad EVERY year for the Spring Game. Market the crap out of the event have some entertainer that evening and you could get a couple thousand students to the game, and locals/season ticket holders would see the campus buzzing 1 April each year. I don't get why this was never done. Maybe 100 students show up for the game, but if it was turned into an event on campus we could get several thousand fans there.

Louisville had over 33k for their Spring Game...this is why UL was a homerun for the ACC. I hope we can get 7k.
I bet theirs is also being video streamed in some manner.The athletic site could do the same for an addition charge that goes directly into the building fund.Lots of fans across the country who would pay for that. Count me in. Get an aspiring Newhouse student to do play calling and color. Its a winner for everyone.

Honestly I'd be happy with anything over 5k.

Bnoro or TM or anyone for that matter, do you know if our spring game attendance, however small, has been trending one way or the other over Marrone's tenure?

Are we on a trend upwards?

I bet theirs is also being video streamed in some manner.The athletic site could do the same for an addition charge that goes directly into the building fund.Lots of fans across the country who would pay for that. Count me in. Get an aspiring Newhouse student to do play calling and color. Its a winner for everyone.

The ACC/ESPN3 video streamed their conference games, Clemson, etc. so I wouldn't be surprised to see Syracuses' Spring Game on ESPN3 next year.

Maybe this sounds crass or "sacralegious" but how about the University bring Ernies' Heisman down to the field for an upclose by the masses. Let folks get their pic standing next to it. I for one would pay for that opportunity. Maybe that would get those HS football players interested in coming for the game.

People act like we are Rutgers or uconn or duke football or something? We have just as much or more tradition then most of the country. I was at the Dome in the 80's when it was packed. our fan base aas just as rabid as anyone . We had what 1 bad decade and everyone bails on the program? Pretty pathetic honestly.

The fans have never bailed on the program. The casual fans and students no longer support football and in the case of casual fans nothing has really been done to fix the damage the former administration caused. When you cannot even properly release plans and raise money for the IPF I do not see how you can expect to suddenly attract 20K for a meaningless football game. They had to pretend we were drawing that much for Big East basketball games this past season. He should have pushed for 10K but it is understandable if he is not aware of the market. Anything between 5K-10K is realistic and acceptable.

Also this is an event town. If you want over the 5K-10K you need to bundle and make this a special unique event. I am not attending. If some of the ideas like a BBQ, pictures by the trophies or former stars, etc were options it would be something I would be interested in.

Bnoro or TM or anyone for that matter, do you know if our spring game attendance, however small, has been trending one way or the other over Marrone's tenure?

Are we on a trend upwards?
Up and down...around 5k

Marvin does nothing for nobody according to reports from Indy friends.

I have to admit, I kinda like Marvin's style. According to anyone that's ever dealt with him, he's a jerk - but he was always so quiet as a pro that people just assumed he was a decent guy.

The fans have never bailed on the program. The casual fans and students no longer support football and in the case of casual fans nothing has really been done to fix the damage the former administration caused. When you cannot even properly release plans and raise money for the IPF I do not see how you can expect to suddenly attract 20K for a meaningless football game. They had to pretend we were drawing that much for Big East basketball games this past season. He should have pushed for 10K but it is understandable if he is not aware of the market. Anything between 5K-10K is realistic and acceptable.

Also this is an event town. If you want over the 5K-10K you need to bundle and make this a special unique event. I am not attending. If some of the ideas like a BBQ, pictures by the trophies or former stars, etc were options it would be something I would be interested in.

I think thats a pretty piss poor attitude for some who calls themselves a fan. This is a free event and a chance to support the hard work that the kids and staff are putting in up there. Take a few hours and go support them.

If you are referring to the attitude of fans and the coaches during recruiting, you have to allow for the fact success has always been a factor of "What have you done lately?" Tradition and and or history is meaningless to kids who are into the NOW You think these kids have ever seen video of our greets players and read the sites that describe our traditions and history? You all know better than that. Even Donovan McNabb is starting to fade from memory.i've seen most if not all of the big names play live and on television.That has shaped my feelings going back to the 1950s That makes me a geezer. Kids today might know Nassib and Jerome Smith.and thats only if Syracuse showed some interest and they caught a few games on tv including the minor bow game we won impressively.Even the greates running back in football history is slowly losing his place at the top of the RB mountain.Coaches can't speak of the past until interest in Syracuse is achieved . Then and only then do yopu educate them with tradition and history.:cool:

obviously i'm not talking about the current players, i am speaking about the fan base.

I think thats a pretty piss poor attitude for some who calls themselves a fan. This is a free event and a chance to support the hard work that the kids and staff are putting in up there. Take a few hours and go support them.

seriously. there is very little we can do to help the program, attending something like this is one of the little things we can do to show the staff, player, and recruits that we actually care, and want to see a winning program again.

I have to admit, I kinda like Marvin's style. According to anyone that's ever dealt with him, he's a jerk - but he was always so quiet as a pro that people just assumed he was a decent guy.

I love the way he played - no BS - he just played - no trash talk - he TD dances - he just played.

I'm coming up from NJ for the game with my 10 year old son. If you live local, don't have plans, and consider yourself a fan, why wouldn't you be there?

Glad to hear you are coming up and you make a good point but unfortunately there isnt much local/regional interest in the SU spring game. Id guess that probably somewhere between 75-90% of the local population has pretty much zero clue that theres a spring game on Saturday and of that %, maybe 3-5% would consider going even if they knew about it.

Even after a pretty good season with many position openings theres pretty much zero buzz for this game and there really isnt much SU can do about it unless they made the decision to go out and spend a lot of money advertising this event and adding on a ton of free extras which honestly there not going to do and its hard to blame them. Regardless it will still be an event the local diehards and those coming out of town like yourself can enjoy and get a little taste of what will hopefully be another solid year.

Your personal opinion regarding my attitude is irrelevant to the discussion. I am a casual fan with numerous entertainment options after a long work week. If you want me and many others to come to a meaningless spring football game you have to offer more than a meaningless spring football game. It is not something to argue about or put others down it is the reality of the marketplace. This is not a rabid football town. The University has to work, work, and work as if it was a professional football team to fill that stadium. Simply stating that the staff and players are working hard so lets all go and support them or watiting for a winning season is not going to get it done.

Your personal opinion regarding my attitude is irrelevant to the discussion. I am a casual fan with numerous entertainment options after a long work week. If you want me and many others to come to a meaningless spring football game you have to offer more than a meaningless spring football game. It is not something to argue about or put others down it is the reality of the marketplace. This is not a rabid football town. The University has to work, work, and work as if it was a professional football team to fill that stadium. Simply stating that the staff and players are working hard so lets all go and support them or watiting for a winning season is not going to get it done.

Does this mean I am a total a-hole because I like the football aspect of it and could care less about the rah-rah BS?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom