GEORGE MORRIS COMMIT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GEORGE MORRIS COMMIT

Excellent news on Morris. Out of all the backs tape I looked at his was the one that stood out to me. Will he start next year? Who knows but I don't see either him or McFarlane redshirting. Not sure either of them are "savior" types but they are improvements on what SU currently has. Neither Smith or PTG did much on a team that badly needed a 2nd RB to step up. AAM has work to do to become the guy so I think opportunity is there.

Did you watch the Pitt game? Jerome showed a lot when he was given more carries and got in a rhythm. Rome can be very good for us. PTG had flashes this year on long runs, and just got two freak injuries. I think both could be over 500 easily next year.

Sorry, but "flashes" ain't goin cut it for this fan. Everyone's job is wide open, esp the RBs. That's the way it should be every year.

i wouldn't be suprosed if gulley never makes it back...

GREAT NEWS ON MORRIS! now the lynch thing makes sense, i was beginning to wonder why we stopped pursuing him ,even as he continues to get other offers. i guess they like morris better.
what makes you think that Gulley wont be back?

FYI - it doesn't look like Hackett is going anywhere as that is who Morris called first. Bummer.

:noidea:

FYI - it doesn't look like Hackett is going anywhere as that is who Morris called first. Bummer.

:noidea:
I'm glad Hackett's not going anywhere. It's not always all about what happens on the field, you know.

His highlights are great. We will finally have a true breakaway speed guy!!!!!

I'm glad Hackett's not going anywhere. It's not always all about what happens on the field, you know.
I am fine if he isn't the OC.

Great news. I wonder if this means that McFarlane will get a look at Safety, especially with the talk of Shamarko leaving and Eskridge playing CB. Does Morgan project as more of a CB or safety?

Great news. I wonder if this means that McFarlane will get a look at Safety, especially with the talk of Shamarko leaving and Eskridge playing CB. Does Morgan project as more of a CB or safety?

If we get him, I think he's going to get a shot at both spots.

If we get him, I think he's going to get a shot at both spots.
This. Heard UConn and Rutgers wanted him as a Safety, we told him we're looking at him at both.

Great get. Off his film, he looks like an FBS-level feature back. Not sure that is true of either PTG or Smith.

Agree he could start right away if he can pick up blocking schemes and other subtleties.

Man. Just watched his tape again. The kid just glides. Its such a strange running style. I can't even think of anyone currently who runs that way. MAYBE Lesean Mccoy? Now I'm not saying hes a NFL caliber RB stud, but this kid just moves so effortlessly.

He runs alot like Damien Rhodes in high school.

Pfft. Blocking is for linemen. We need to stop finding reasons to keep guys that can run on the sideline.

Tell that to your boy when he's picking his teeth out of the field turf after the tailback misses the blitzer.

This is the type of recruit who looks like he MIGHT have the ability to wear this:

thumb.aspx

Welcome to The Cuse George! Way to close out this years class with power.

Great get. He and McFarlene are the best Marrone era offensive recruits so far. Like it a lot.