Georgetown University where we hand out participation trophies | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown University where we hand out participation trophies

Alsacs

Living Legend
DHHbgQBUAAEYCrc

Millennial day at Georgetown.
I get the sarcasm but still damn what has happened to the youth.

I'm dating myself, but what does "dabbing-friendly" space mean?

I assume it has something to do with filming yourself doing illegal activities and posting the videos for world wide consumption.

I'm dating myself, but what does "dabbing-friendly" space mean?
Hell if I know...it is either get a super high off THC extract or some sort of stupid dance move.
In this case I assume they can do the stupid little dance move at the game.

I liked the Tickets available for only one half for those that don't want to commit

They should sell those to SU students.

Hell if I know...it is either get a super high off THC extract or some sort of stupid dance move.

I liked the Tickets available for only one half for those that don't want to commit

I think you're right. It's a safe zone where students can do a stupid little dance move without being made fun of is my interpretation.

I think you're right. It's a safe zone where students can do a stupid little dance move without being made fun of is my interpretation.

Ok, well that's lame, but at least it isn't something dirty. And to Mark's point about apathy, I might be way off, but at better academic institutions (especially in the Northeast), some students are just not going to be gaga over sports. So I'm not shocked to see some apathy.

On the other hand, we certainly could use more student support at Dome games. It's there for MBB, so that tells me there's enough sports interest in the student body to put on a better show at FB games. Clearly there's some partying going on at SU - on frat row and at other locations - so obviously we're not talking about a bunch of chemistry nerds. Our challenge is to draw the more gregarious kids out of the frats and party houses and get them to support their university's FB team.

Last edited:
Ok, well that's lame, but at least it isn't something dirty. And to Mark's point about apathy, I might be way off, but at better academic institutions (especially in the Northeast), some students are just not going to be gaga over sports. So I'm not shocked to see some apathy.

On the other hand, we certainly could use more student support at Dome games. It's there for MBB, so that tells me there's enough sports interest in the student body to put on a better show at FB games. Clearly there's some partying going on at SU - on frat row and at other locations - so obviously we're not talking about a bunch of chemistry nerds. Our challenge is to draw the more gregarious kids out of the frats and party houses and get them to support their university's FB team.

I'm going to generalize as much as everyone else, but chemistry nerds might be more supportive than the Greeks. The basketball team is actually a somewhat decent draw for international students, a lot of whom are serious academic types. But outside of a couple big TV hoops games, there's no Greek support for any sport. A tough nut to crack, maybe, but the school is past due in finding ways to get them into the building. A good start would involve banning rush events during the late-January Saturday home basketball game, an annual tradition that always seems to have hundreds of girls walking around Comstock and Walnut but a half-empty student section in the Dome.

I'm going to generalize as much as everyone else, but chemistry nerds might be more supportive than the Greeks. The basketball team is actually a somewhat decent draw for international students, a lot of whom are serious academic types. But outside of a couple big TV hoops games, there's no Greek support for any sport. A tough nut to crack, maybe, but the school is past due in finding ways to get them into the building. A good start would involve banning rush events during the late-January Saturday home basketball game, an annual tradition that always seems to have hundreds of girls walking around Comstock and Walnut but a half-empty student section in the Dome.
Yeah, let's impose our likes on others.

lol, they went through with it. Love, love, love the trophies for everyone.

I'm betting they took some heat from some students, because, you know, someone always has to feel offended.

Michael Jenkins of CSN-Washington had a hilarious rant on this. He went to UT-Austin

Michael Jenkins of CSN-Washington had a hilarious rant on this. He went to UT-Austin

The end was hilarious. However, does he understand that the Georgetown bit was making fun of millennials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom