Georgetown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgetown

Well they continued their streak of ending their season losing to a double digit seed. Its amazing as DePaul was the only double digit in the BET. How many years in a row is that losing to a double digit seed? 4? 5? 6?

Well they continued their streak of ending their season losing to a double digit seed. Its amazing as DePaul was the only double digit in the BET. How many years in a row is that losing to a double digit seed? 4? 5? 6?

7 was the number I saw last night. Don't know if it's true, but if it is it's incredible.

Are they ever going to can JTIII? He has to be one of the worst coaches in D-1. I mean, I hope they dont, because i like to watch them suffer but seriously, the guy cannot coach. Do you think JT senior would be ok with it if it meant Gtown would be relevant again?

He can't be a bad coach remember Otto Porter last year. Here is a part of Bill Simmons latest mailbag.
Q: Do you remember Otto Porter? I’m generally concerned because he was drafted third overall. Is he still alive?!
—Danny D., Philly

SG: He’s actually still alive. I Googled it and everything. He’s played a whopping 254 minutes this season! Since 1990, only three top-three picks have played less than 500 minutes as rookies: Greg Oden (missed the year because of knee surgery), Darko Milicic (played 159 minutes for Detroit) and Otto Porter. To put that in perspective, Kwame Brown, Pervis Ellison and Hasheem Thabeet all passed the 800-minute mark as rookies. Even Anthony Bennett played 647 minutes before recently going down with a knee (h/t Al Michaels). On the other hand, anytime you can spend the third overall pick on a third-string small forward, you have to do it. I ask you again: Why do we insist on enabling dumb teams?

i have to say i saw this score when i checked my phone first thing in the morning; brought quite the smile to my face

And Otto Porter is putting up 1.6ppg while shooting 31% in about 8 mins per game. All this production from the #3 pick in the draft.

vader-fail.jpg

Their failure is now complete.

7 was the number I saw last night. Don't know if it's true, but if it is it's incredible.

I had to look it up, here's the train wreck history in all it's glory:

2008 - (10) Davidson (NCAA Rd 2)
2009 - (13) St. Johns (BET) -> NIT appearance (rd 1 loss)
2010 - (14) Ohio (NCAA Rd 1)
2011 - (11) VCU (NCAA Rd 1*)
2012 - (11) NCST (NCAA Rd 2*)
2013 - (15) FGCU (NCAA Rd 1*)
2014 - (10) DePaul (BET)

just remember how those hoya fans treated you on march 9, 2013 ::))
Or February 23, 2013 as we were walking out of the Dome. My son got to see first hand why I hate GT.

I had to look it up, here's the train wreck history in all it's glory:

2008 - (10) Davidson (NCAA Rd 2)
2009 - (13) St. Johns (BET) -> NIT appearance (rd 1 loss)
2010 - (14) Ohio (NCAA Rd 1)
2011 - (11) VCU (NCAA Rd 1*)
2012 - (11) NCST (NCAA Rd 2*)
2013 - (15) FGCU (NCAA Rd 1*)
2014 - (10) DePaul (BET)
1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

As much fun as it is watching them lose, I remember the Esherick years being incredibly boring. If we are going to continue playing them (and I hope we do), it will be more fun if we get some good games - provided we win of course.

Talk about living well being the best revenge. I don't think in my wildest dreams I could have imagined last March that in the next year G-Town would lose to us in the BET, lose to a 15 seed in the tournament, play poorly in front of mostly-empty arenas and virtually no national TV coverage, then miss the tournament completely. Meanwhile Syracuse would go on to the Final Four, a 25-0 start, #1 ranking, another high tournament seed, another record Dome crowd and attendance crown, the top-rated and most-talked about games of the year, constant national coverage and a new rivalry with Duke. All in the space of a year. Other than a national championship, you couldn't ask for more.

I certainly know the impact of JT2 on the university. Heck, they just named the new athletic center after him.

But if they don't make a move soon, the program may go the way of Boston College.

As much fun as it is watching them lose, I remember the Esherick years being incredibly boring. If we are going to continue playing them (and I hope we do), it will be more fun if we get some good games - provided we win of course.

I enjoyed those years greatly.

The greatest SU win over Georgetown is them becoming no longer relevant in major college basketball.

The more they decline, the less reason we have to ever play them again.

Nah, it'll be like our game with Colgate. We can pummel them every year and they can show highlights of past games and talk about how we used to be big rivals and that they haven't beaten us since that 60-39 game.

Nah, it'll be like our game with Colgate. We can pummel them every year and they can show highlights of past games and talk about how we used to be big rivals and that they haven't beaten us since that 60-39 game.

Sympathy invite.

No way we should play them. It's a lose lose. This isn't your mothers hoya's. They are a middling program now and gets us nothing with a win and would be a bad loss.

They lost to DePaul??

633.gif

And I'm just hearing about it now, from scrolling this board? It wasn't even news! They are completely irrelevant already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom