Georgia Recruiting | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Recruiting

hoopsupstate

Living Legend
Georgia is visiting 100 schools in Georgia today. Ten coaches with each visiting ten schools. Pretty impressive. That’s how you do it. Granted, there’s probably not 100 schools in NewYork to visit.

I don't see how its possible for each person to visit 10 schools in a day. That requires traveling from one school to another. Find who you are meeting with. Talk for a bit and then get back to your car. That has to be more than an hour for each school.

They probably have county schools with several high schools in each county. They might also have ten private planes. They are at a different level. You don’t win back to back national championships with top twent recruiting classes. They want to be number one. It’s a different world from what SU is doing.

Georgia is visiting 100 schools in Georgia today. Ten coaches with each visiting ten schools. Pretty impressive. That’s how you do it. Granted, there’s probably not 100 schools in NewYork to visit.
You could do it in NYC. But there’s only like 5 that produce D1 talent, so.

Reactions: CIL
There are 63 HS in Suffolk County alone that play football, so your knowledge of NYS football needs work.

I don't see how its possible for each person to visit 10 schools in a day. That requires traveling from one school to another. Find who you are meeting with. Talk for a bit and then get back to your car. That has to be more than an hour for each school.
They aren't visiting prospects, they are visiting HS coaches. And from what I have seen on Twitter it's a lot of taking a picture with the coach. Must be like a scavenger hunt that requires proof that they visited, ;)

I should have said 100 schools that play football that might produce big time college football.
I thought what you meant was clear from the context.

The high schools are insanely big down there to. Huge 3000+ and lots of them. I have some familiarity with schools in Forsyth. But a buddy of mine was at Grayson their weight room was 200K just for football.

Last edited:
From what I heard, Georgia is #2 state in the country for HS football recruits, only behind Florida. Even ahead of Texas. Makes it a tad easier to recruit than NY which is no hot bed of college football.
Georgia coaches get paid A LOT more than Florida coaches do, from what I've heard. To the point that Florida HS coaches are moving to Georgia. So Georgia is likely to continue to grow in clout.

On the ESPN ticker that indicated that they have seven of the top 300 players lined up for the class of 2023.

Insane.

Presume its a bit different for them. Don't think they're finding anyone but rather everyone at the school is ready and waiting when the coaches arrive.

I should have said 100 schools that play football that might produce big time college football.
This still doesn’t make any sense. I assume you meant to type that might ‘produce big time football recruits’ and are implying the vast majority of programs in the state are incapable of doing this.

Which isn’t true. It is true however that a handful of programs for each region of the state produce most of the top prospects in the state. If you add all of those schools together, it would be less than 100. And if that was your point, I agree.

But IMHO, more than 100 HS programs in NYS have produced BCS level recruits over the past 30 years.

A lot only have one or two but big time recruits come from all over.

In one part of Houston, there are two High Schools that are literally on the east and west side of a football stadium, respectively, then 10 minutes West there is another High School. They each play the highest division in Texas. I live outside of Houston in an area known for one of the best 6A schools in the nation most years, let alone Texas. We have 9 Highschools that play 6A (highest division) within a 25 mile radius, few of them are no more than 10 minutes away from each other. They all produce Div 1 talent (one player from the area will be the starting QB at Alabama next year). I could see a coach hitting all 9 in a day. I'm sure it can be done in Atlanta and some of the other cities in Georgia.

They aren't visiting prospects, they are visiting HS coaches. And from what I have seen on Twitter it's a lot of taking a picture with the coach. Must be like a scavenger hunt that requires proof that they visited, ;)
Yes, the standard pic of college coach and HS coach half hugging and pointing at each other.

This still doesn’t make any sense. I assume you meant to type that might ‘produce big time football recruits’ and are implying the vast majority of programs in the state are incapable of doing this.

Which isn’t true. It is true however that a handful of programs for each region of the state produce most of the top prospects in the state. If you add all of those schools together, it would be less than 100. And if that was your point, I agree.

But IMHO, more than 100 HS programs in NYS have produced BCS level recruits over the past 30 years.

A lot only have one or two but big time recruits come from all over.
Producing 1-2 a decade versus 4-5 a year is where the difference lies.

That Grayson HS article I linked said Grayson HS alone had 70 kids on current college football rosters. I’m sure that’s every level but still. Syracuse area HS’s probably haven’t had 70 in their history combined.

Last edited:
This is old rationale, but to compete with the south we had better begin winning consistently to attract attention and Gino Gigliotti better up his game as Recruiting Director. Easy to say, not easy to do.

Wildhack is no dummy.

He has to begin understanding that to compete and be in bowl games every year you have to realize the need to get money and spend it. You wanna be like the Big Boys, be like them. Find the money to hold on to what you have and attract successful people. I’m sure he’s trying. Otherwise were going to continue to be a middle of the packer hoping to win 6 games every year.

Finally, some work is being done to attract recruits with the updating of the football complex, the addition of a nutrition director and hopefully a small staff for the football team and a Defensive Coordinator who invented the 3-3-5. Rocky Long will be a game changer at SU.

Dino tried to hire Long in 2019 – 2020, but Long signed onto New Mexico as DC/LB coach and got White, who worked under Babers as a grad assistant when Babers was Asst. Head Coach at UCLA. White also worked under Long at SDST as Cornerbacks Coach and added the title of Recruiting Coordinator when Long was promoted to HC.

We just saw White build the Defensive Side of the program very well in two years. But, especially in football, if you do that, people notice and they offer you opportunities to go to another school for more money because of your success. That’s a given in the sport. Great coaches without great salaries along with the combination of the transfer portal makes it tough for schools to hold onto coaching talent and players who aren’t seeing the field. Finally, the NCAA fixed it a bit by saying you have to sit a year if you transfer twice.

Monroe leaving leaves a void in NJ and FL recruiting And, NJ has become a mine of talent in the Northeast that we’ve tapped into lately that we need to keep paying attention to in recruiting. We do not need to lose that connection, it has to be kept current.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom