Georgia Tech game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech game

I have the worst feeling about this game. Don't like the start time, don't like they are honoring their legends and will be all jacked up. Just feel us getting down big early. Hope I am wrong...

Louisville did a good job attacking our zone. UVA did not. If our zone confuses them for a bit and our offense is descent I think we can tick up a nice lead. I think the 5 days rest was sorely needed. I think all our players were dinged up.

I'll be interested to see how Tech matches up with us. If they put Lammers on Lydon I suspect to see a lot of Lydon at the 3 point line to unclog the lane. If they put Lammers on Thompson/Roberson it will be easier for him to protect the rim. This would be a good game for Battle to show Okogie who the higher rated freshman is supposed to be.

I have the worst feeling about this game. Don't like the start time, don't like they are honoring their legends and will be all jacked up. Just feel us getting down big early. Hope I am wrong...
I agree - add in the fact that we are not good on the road. I'm hoping but not confident the result goes our way.

I'll be interested to see how Tech matches up with us. If they put Lammers on Lydon I suspect to see a lot of Lydon at the 3 point line to unclog the lane. If they put Lammers on Thompson/Roberson it will be easier for him to protect the rim. This would be a good game for Battle to show Okogie who the higher rated freshman is supposed to be.

They will put Lammers on Thompson, Quinton Stephens on Lydon.

GT fan here, born and raised in the A. Tho, I do enjoy watching Syracuse play,and even purchased a shirt when they came here for the final four. Of course Melo, but my favorite player to put on the orange was CJ Fair...what happened to him? Is he in Europe?

Anyways I thought I would give you guys a breakdown of tech:
Our best player is the 6'10 big man from San Antonio, Ben Lammers. Get ready for the nerd chants, because Ben is a mechanical engineer major and in his bio it literally says hobbies: studying world war 1 and 2. He has great vision for a big man and is at the top of the ACC for blocks and rebounds. His mid range shot is automatic until the end of the 2nd half when he gets tired. We have no big men capable of backing him up, which results in him playing the full 40 in ACC play. He is lucky to get 30 seconds on the bench...you think I'm joking, just watch. The Laminator is just a big, shy, and, quiet nerd who just happens to be able to send your stuff packing 10 rows deep into the stands lol.

Next up is our freshman Josh Okogie. Ranked in the rivals 150 but listed only as a 3 star, he has taken the ACC by storm. Putting up huge 30 point games against UNC and FSU. Along with 38 vs a out of conference team. Standing 6'4 he relies on effort and hustle...also his great vertical. With that style of play he does tend to get in foul trouble and has to sit down which brings in Tad Jackson.

Jackson is a 4 star and was the high school player of the year in Georgia. If you guys have seen the commercial for the movie split, that perfectly described Jackson. He is either really hot or can't run down the court without tripping. In the game vs BC he missed 5 easy layups in the 1st half, then came out and dropped 23 in the second half. That is just the player he is, which leads to him getting chewed out by Pastner the most.

Then, Quinten Stephens the senior. Supposed to be a "shooter" but often bricks. He is dealing with a serious ankle injury but will still play. If he is making his shots, GT wins. For better or worse he leads the team in shots attempted. Very suspect defense at times but can get sneaky blocks at 6'8.

Now to our point guard. When you look up generic in the dictionary, Josh Heath pops up. He is just a solid senior point guard that will handle the ball and will make a 10 foot floater.

Now to our wildcard freshman, Justin Moore. He has been dealing with a abdominal injury and has been in San Diego for a death in the family. He was a big part in the BC come back with his rebounding and speed. Some might know, Coach Pastner is all about guard rebounding and assistants who don't play golf lol. Moore shot is below average, and made his first 3 of the year last week. He relies on speed and aggression. He will most likely be our backup PG next year, when New York native Jose Alvardo comes in and balls out. Thanks for not recruiting him by the way, we appreciate it lol.

The last player is Corey Heyward. The son of Ironhead and you can tell right away. Shapped like a buff bowling ball he has rode the bench most of his career. As a senior, he comes in to be a solid player who plays defense and won't turn it over. It is his job to come in and settle all the young guards down, or if there is ever a fight, he will be ready.

Hope you enjoyed the GT breakdown and I look forward to reading your comments. Go Syracuse unless they are playing GT!

"His mid range shot is automatic until the end of the 2nd half when he gets tired. We have no big men capable of backing him up, which results in him playing the full 40 in ACC play. He is lucky to get 30 seconds on the bench...you think I'm joking, just watch."

This made me laugh out loud. We're Syracuse fans and with Jim Boeheim as our coach, we've seen an endless flow of "Full 40" players over the last 40 years...

Season comes down to two games. Three to feel "safe". They arent really "must win" until they are but this is an elimination game for reelz. winner has a shot.

Great post! I'm looking forward to seeing Battle battle.

GT fan here, born and raised in the A. Tho, I do enjoy watching Syracuse play,and even purchased a shirt when they came here for the final four. Of course Melo, but my favorite player to put on the orange was CJ Fair...what happened to him? Is he in Europe?

Our best player is the 6'10 big man from San Antonio, Ben Lammers. Get ready for the nerd chants, because Ben is a mechanical engineer major and in his bio it literally says hobbies: studying world war 1 and 2. He has great vision for a big man and is at the top of the ACC for blocks and rebounds. His mid range shot is automatic until the end of the 2nd half when he gets tired. We have no big men capable of backing him up, which results in him playing the full 40 in ACC play. He is lucky to get 30 seconds on the bench...you think I'm joking, just watch. The Laminator is just a big, shy, and, quiet nerd who just happens to be able to send your stuff packing 10 rows deep into the stands lol.

Next up is our freshman Josh Okogie. Ranked in the rivals 150 but listed only as a 3 star, he has taken the ACC by storm. Putting up huge 30 point games against UNC and FSU. Along with 38 vs a out of conference team. Standing 6'4 he relies on effort and hustle...also his great vertical. With that style of play he does tend to get in foul trouble and has to sit down which brings in Tad Jackson.

Jackson is a 4 star and was the high school player of the year in Georgia. If you guys have seen the commercial for the movie split, that perfectly described Jackson. He is either really hot or can't run down the court without tripping. In the game vs BC he missed 5 easy layups in the 1st half, then came out and dropped 23 in the second half. That is just the player he is, which leads to him getting chewed out by Pastner the most.

Then, Quinten Stephens the senior. Supposed to be a "shooter" but often bricks. He is dealing with a serious ankle injury but will still play. If he is making his shots, GT wins. For better or worse he leads the team in shots attempted. Very suspect defense at times but can get sneaky blocks at 6'8.

Now to our point guard. When you look up generic in the dictionary, Josh Heath pops up. He is just a solid senior point guard that will handle the ball and will make a 10 foot floater.

Now to our wildcard freshman, Justin Moore. He has been dealing with a abdominal injury and has been in San Diego for a death in the family. He was a big part in the BC come back with his rebounding and speed. Some might know, Coach Pastner is all about guard rebounding and assistants who don't play golf lol. Moore shot is below average, and made his first 3 of the year last week. He relies on speed and aggression. He will most likely be our backup PG next year, when New York native Jose Alvardo comes in and balls out. Thanks for not recruiting him by the way, we appreciate it lol.

The last player is Corey Heyward. The son of Ironhead and you can tell right away. Shapped like a buff bowling ball he has rode the bench most of his career. As a senior, he comes in to be a solid player who plays defense and won't turn it over. It is his job to come in and settle all the young guards down, or if there is ever a fight, he will be ready.

Hope you enjoyed the GT breakdown and I look forward to reading your comments. Go Syracuse unless they are playing GT!

Great post! It's great to talk with fans from other schools who have class. Thanks for posting!

Former Syracuse star C.J. Fair signs deal to play in France next season (report)

Great post! It's great to talk with fans from other schools who have class. Thanks for posting!
Yeah all the interactions I have had with Syracuse fans either on boards on in person have always been great...unlike...i can't even say it...uga. I think we get along so well due to our strong disliking of Grayson Allen and company.

Good for Ben. The world needs more people who like Ken Burns documentaries and less people who like Duck Dynasty and Bravo.
Ben can easily go throughout a whole game without saying a word. After he makes a block he will just stand there. He is a really different kid, and it's kinda refreshing with all of the look at me AAU ball going on nowadays.

Good for Ben. The world needs more people who like Ken Burns documentaries and less people who like Duck Dynasty and Bravo.

OK, now wait a minute. What the hell is wrong with Duck Dynasty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom