Georgia Tech game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech game

Mahmoud's coordination, agility, and skill for his height is pretty outstanding. He's still raw like you say but the tools are there. He puts on some more weight and he'll be a beast or at least serviceable in the NBA. But, yeah, he is no Lammers yet obviously. Meanwhile we have Chukwu ready to be unleashed...again.

Mahmoud is one of those guys who struggles to put on weight. Pitino says Mahmoud eats a half a steak and is full and that he "squirrels food away." He did everything to gain weight before the season and couldn't. Love his talent. He will play in the the NBA.

I am not even going to say we need to rebound... we haven't all year. Going into overtime SUskibum made a post in the chat room saying we would be okay we just needed to get the boards... the problem with that was...it had not happened all game, so highly unlikely it was going to turn around then.

We just need to limit the wide open dunks like Ville had.

We cannot afford a cold start, and we cannot... CANNOT have silly turnovers or mental lapses that lead to repetitive 4 point swings. That has torched us this season.

If I see another jump and caught in the air/pass backwards I will go crazy. I'm convinced that it's allowed at Syracuse. Guards keep doing it here year after year with reckless abandon! No more long passes across the court with our recipients of the pass not coming to the ball. It's mid-FEB...ugh!

I don't think we can afford to lose any games to another bubble team. So if we do lose one to GT(which I believe is quite possible), we absolutely have to beat Duke or UL(preferably both...because I HATE THEM!).

We can't dig a hole on the road and come back like we have at home (or at NIT State where they play terrible D). If we get down 8-10 to Tech it will be hard to come back because they are a very good defensive team. Need to play from a lead or at least even and then steal it late. You never know with our team this year. It's very volatile because we live and die with perimeter shooting. If we get a couple guys hot we look good. If we have a off shooting game we're toast because our D isn t going to win games.
If I recall, we played Memphis a few years ago with Pastner as coach and he kept trying to attack the zone with dribble drives and we crushed them. Hope he hasn't figured out how to attack a zone. They lost at Miami last night. Wonder if Miami played any zone.

We can't dig a hole on the road and come back like we have at home (or at NIT State where they play terrible D). If we get down 8-10 to Tech it will be hard to come back because they are a very good defensive team. Need to play from a lead or at least even and then steal it late. You never know with our team this year. It's very volatile because we live and die with perimeter shooting. If we get a couple guys hot we look good. If we have a off shooting game we're toast because our D isn t going to win games.
If I recall, we played Memphis a few years ago with Pastor as coach and he kept trying to attack the zone with dribble drives and we crushed them. Hope he hasn't figured out how to attack a zone. They lost at Miami last night. Wonder if Miami played any zone.
Miami did play some zone. GT's offense is just not very good, tho (as noted most enthusiastically in this thread) they have a couple of really good individual players

The game is sold out because they want to shove it in our face that they are honoring Kenny Anderson.[/QUOTE
Do we really still care about losing Kenny Anderson to GT?
After all...if he had gone Orange we might never have had Michael Edwards and GT would never have made the Final 4.
Let's just beat their rear ends.

rereading, the Lammers love in this thread is amusing

In your opinion, what are the flaws in Lammers' game? Nobody said the guy is Bill Russell.

In your opinion, what are the flaws in Lammers' game? Nobody said the guy is Bill Russell.
No glaring flaws - but relatively immobile, uncoordinated, slow - he's fine, in fact I called him "solid" above. Again, I can name probably 20 or so bigs around the country I've been more impressed with this year.
He's a bit gawky

GT has lost every conference game on the road this year except at NC State.

They have won every conference game at home except against Louisville.

This is a really important game as they will surely be one of the teams Syracuse will be compared to at tournament selection time. It appears we match up well with them.

Bring it.

GT has lost every conference game on the road this year except at NC State.

They have won every conference game at home except against Louisville.

This is a really important game as they will surely be one of the teams Syracuse will be compared to at tournament selection time. It appears we match up well with them.

Bring it.

We match up pretty well but I'm concerned about having some long droughts against their d. I actually think Thompson is important against Lammers' shot blocking ability.

No glaring flaws - but relatively immobile, uncoordinated, slow - he's fine, in fact I called him "solid" above. Again, I can name probably 20 or so bigs around the country I've been more impressed with this year.
He's a bit gawky

I respect your opinion. Disagree with your adjectives above. Uncoordinated guys don't have his timing to block shots without fouling.

But enough about Lammers. We will agree to disagree.

We match up pretty well but I'm concerned about having some long droughts against their d. I actually think Thompson is important against Lammers' shot blocking ability.
I like that they don't rebound well and make a ton of turnovers. And they don't shoot it well from the outside.

Good matchup for us. If we play well, we should win.

I like that they don't rebound well and make a ton of turnovers. And they don't shoot it well from the outside.

I agree. How have they been so good at home though. They've been doing something well? I'm far from a Pastner fan but he's doing a great job this year. They have some nice wins.

They rank last in the conference in FG% and 3 PT%. They also turn the ball over 3rd most in conference. There's zero excuse to allow them to have a big offensive game against us collectively.
The excuse is that our defense has not shown an ability to shut down any team so far this season.

If GT plays like they did against BC, we win easily. But if we shoot 3s like we did against UL, we probably lose. I agree that Okogie is the guy to focus on on defense. Hasn't worked very well for the team so far this year.

AW3a.png

Lots of this going in!

I have the worst feeling about this game. Don't like the start time, don't like they are honoring their legends and will be all jacked up. Just feel us getting down big early. Hope I am wrong...

If GT plays like they did against BC, we win easily. But if we shoot 3s like we did against UL, we probably lose. I agree that Okogie is the guy to focus on on defense. Hasn't worked very well for the team so far this year.

Maybe they just stop with scouting reports, throw the boys out there, and see what happens. Any opposing guy who shouldn't be getting looks gets free passes from 3! Unreal. Boeheim's said it a few times in pressers now. It started early in the season with that Boston U kid, I think. He kept getting open looks. Even after his fifth or sixth 3 they still allowed him to shoot uncontested from deep!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom