Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Postgame Thoughts

We also need to cool it on how good the frosh are going to be.

We are due to hit on a big time freshman. Watching other freshman play at a high level I can't see why Freeman can't be that. That is also why we need some serious upperclassmen to be leaders for the team.

I am worried he might leave. But I haven't heard one word that it would be because of what position he is playing. Not saying whether it is a question or not.
Is there a specific reason you’re hearing he may leave?

After the huddle incident they sat Bell and went with Cuffe. We got destroyed on the boards. We win the game if Bell is in down rhe stretch.

Bell was also very good defensively tonight. Cuffe hasn’t played at all and now he’s for a huge segment?

Made no sense
You can't threaten to play the walk-ons if attitude/effort isn't right, then let Bell get away with whatever went down there because it's a close game down the stretch.

On sooooo many shots, Maliq was the only one that even attempted to rebound on offense. I just don't understand how the rest just stand on the perimeter, or run back on D as soon as a shot goes up. D rebounding wasn't much better
Hate to beat a dead horse, but why Taylor starts and ends up with 2 points is beyond me. Red that's not good coaching considering his track record. But, the rest is not good at all - Brown 6, Bell 6, Cuffe 5, Mintz 14. Can't hit FREE THROWS.

The worst is losing to the bees a 10 - 15 team before tonight. We lose the rest, we're 16 - 15 on the season. Terrible. And, we need some upperclassmen who can play basketball especially, a mature leader!

You play to the level of your opponent at times we sure did tonight and got beaten by them as opposed to NC a very good team we beat.

Last edited:
They don’t even listen at practice. This group may have Autry regretting coaching at all. Gerry may have killed one of these kids if he was in charge.
First hand or what you've heard?

And I love Syracuse hoop as much as anyone. But there is so much to dislike about this team. I still can't believe we beat UNC
We shot a million %. That’s how you know. You shouldn’t need to shoot that insane to beat great teams when you’re at the same level.

We need 2-3 starters from the portal and we need them to be upperclassmen. We could need 3-4 if Brown leaves.
I agree, but remember the Buddy, Joe, Jimmy, Cole disaster. That team was horrible defensively as well. We need some tough guys who aren't bitching constantly. Red reminds me of a substitute teacher sometimes.

Tonight was super frustrating, and also a great example of everything wrong with this team right now.

- Guys looked tired, or like they were trying to bank energy for later. Lots of shots off the front rim.
- Foul trouble impacted the game for sure, and guys were also trying to play soft at times to avoid getting into foul trouble.
- AWFUL 3-point shooting
- TERRIBLE rebounding
- Stuck playing 4 guards in the 2-3, exacerbating the rebounding issues
- Some coaching miscues with missing chances to get extra rest right before the media timeouts and having Cuffe in rebounding on the free throw late.
- Having a black hole on offense on the wing is a nightmare when Taylor is on the floor. They can sag off him and basically double on penetration without coming off Brown, so there aren't passing lanes to get him the ball off the drive.

I think the most frustrating thing is the lack of adjustments after the shooting was so bad, to try to penetrate and attack the rim more.

At this point, Taylor is such a detriment on offense that it doesn't matter that he plays hard defensively and helps with rebounding. He's a warm body who can play some minutes, that's about it. As a result, starting him is a big issue. His primary value is to rest people, and the time they need rest is not the beginning of the half - it's in the middle of each half.

i could see Maliq Leaving sadly. He’s the 5 next year too wirh Freeman coming in. Unless one of them is OK coming off the bench. doubt Donnie could play the 3

Yes. Exactly. Even with the UNC game, I haven't changed my mind that I can't wait until this season is over. We have guys playing for Syracuse that should never play for a Syracuse team.
We also have guys who don't deserve to play for Syracuse and, to me, that is even worse. I love Syracuse basketball with my entire being but I don't think I could like this team any less than I do. Very, very few enjoyable aspects.

We shot a million %. That’s how you know. You shouldn’t need to shoot that insane to beat great teams when you’re at the same level.
But it's only because we shot insanely well that we didn't get exposed for our lack of rebounding ability. Our biggest weakness mattered so much less for one game.

I got to say, I don’t know what to think of Judah.

Bc at this point, the tourney is out of the picture, Judah has slid off of all draft boards and with Givony’s rankings, he’s not close to being a draft pick. And, again, this is the worst draft since 2013. If he stays another year, 2025, at least now, is considered better.

He had one assist tonight. 14 points on 15 FGAs.

There is a lot of blame to go around, but Judah was supposed to be the man. And he may have enough aggregate stats to warrant all conference or whatever, but he has to elevate the team and it’s not close to happening.

Again, I know tonight was awful and blame goes all around, but Judah has been really disappointing and inconsistent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom