Georgia Tech Roll Call | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Georgia Tech Roll Call

Seemed like about 40% Orange to me too. Before the game started, and during a lot of timeouts, there were very loud "Let's Go Orange" chants. GT fans tried to stop it by substituting "Jackets" for "Orange". It's got to be depressing to see that many opposing fans in your arena, especially when your team is good. Syracuse fans would go nuts if there were even a tiny fraction that many in the Dome. I have doubt the roof would have blown off the place if Cuse tied or took the lead at the end, but the refs made sure we didn't find out.

I hadn't been to McCamish Pavilion before. I loved it. Great sightlines, easy access and movement, comfortable seats, top notch video board. Small arena (8 or 9K?) but well done. The in-game experience was a little goofy though. Student section was decent and loud but the regular GT fan base made the Dome crowd look like a bunch of young whippersnappers. The band played lots of really old songs - Thriller might have been the most recent thing in their repertoire. The big tradition seems to be when the band plays the old Budweiser song (when you say Budweiser, you've said it all). The fans sort of bop up and down and then say "Go Jackets" or something before singing the Budweiser part. Then they do it again. Very strange. The whole thing seemed geared for folks who went there in the 1950s.

Mccamish is old but brand new. They gutted and re-did the entire inside about 3 years ago. The shell of the building is old.