Get back in the lab | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Get back in the lab

Who knows about the relationship between these guys. What we have seen is that they don't have any chemistry together on the court

Define chemistry.

Tammi Terrell and Marving Gaye
Ok my real answer, Sherm and Roe played off each other very well as did Jonny and Devo.

I hope that Mintz and Joe and find a groove together as on paper they should do well. They are both talented and as you point out I didn't see anything to make me believe that they are out of sorts with each other. I actually think the issue is Bell. He doesn't bring much to the table if he isn't hitting and his inability to drive is an issue. I would replace him with Copeland, and I believe the " Chemistry" would be significantly improved.

Ok my real answer, Sherm and Roe played off each other very well as did Jonny and Devo.

I hope that Mintz and Joe and find a groove together as on paper they should do well. They are both talented and as you point out I didn't see anything to make me believe that they are out of sorts with each other. I actually think the issue is Bell. He doesn't bring much to the table if he isn't hitting and his inability to drive is an issue. I would replace him with Copeland, and I believe the " Chemistry" would be significantly improved.

The lineup i’d like to see at least for 15 minutes or so is Sy at PG and Joe and Judah on the wings. I think that would make our offense the most functional. Defensively I’d put Sy in the back line. We did that a couple times last year for a few minutes and it didn’t kill us. Especially when playing a team that doesn’t go 6’9 across the front line. We aren’t going to be a great rebounding team as it is so losing a couple rebounds isn’t going to be a killer. I’d prefer Sy in that role over Q right now just because of experience and consistency. It might even give Judah some time to ease into his new role.

I didn't get to see much of the game, but I did see a play in the second half with Joe and Judah on a 2 on 1 fast break. Instead of making an easy pass to Judah for a layup/dunk, Joe kept it himself. Missed the layup but got the foul call. Judah was visibly displeased and instead of helping Joe off the ground, he turned away in disgust. On its own, maybe not a huge deal, but those two sure don't seem to be clicking.

I didn't get to see much of the game, but I did see a play in the second half with Joe and Judah on a 2 on 1 fast break. Instead of making an easy pass to Judah for a layup/dunk, Joe kept it himself. Missed the layup but got the foul call. Judah was visibly displeased and instead of helping Joe off the ground, he turned away in disgust. On its own, maybe not a huge deal, but those two sure don't seem to be clicking.

Mintz was showing his disgust during the play!

Girard absolutely should have passed the ball ahead to the player in better position. If he got cut off, Mintz could have passed it back for an open shot for Girard... But would Mintz have passed it back? This is where trust looks like an issue.

I remember feeling the same way Mintz did over Girard's decision during the play. He salvaged it with the free throws, but this was an example of Girard's bad point play that has been frustrating many of us for a generation.

The biggest problem, of course, was Mintz and his body language. ;)

Last edited:

He should have been displeased. It was a layup.

I watched the 2nd half again this afternoon. Saw absolutely nothing to indicate any issues. Like I said above, it’s a board created thing. Joe only shot a few times the 2nd half and only one could even be considered a “bad” shot and not a senior only focused on himself.
Well,I haven’t seen a second of play so far this season, but clearly there’s an issue. Somewhere.

Watching live I thought Joe should have passed it, but watching the 2nd half yesterday and then this short clip I’m not so sure unless he immediately passed it over the top. There were 2 defenders going with them, one slightly ahead and one slightly behind. I can see a pass getting tipped away. Matt Roe called it an IG play throwing his body at the defender to draw the foul. The good news is shortly later they slapped hands.

Well,I haven’t seen a second of play so far this season, but clearly there’s an issue. Somewhere.

Yes, integrating 7 new players. It will slowly get better.

Mintz was showing his disgust during the play!

Girard absolutely should have passed the ball ahead to the player in better position. If he got cut off, Mintz could have passed it back for an open shot for Girard... But would Mintz have passed it back? This is where trust looks like an issue.

I remember feeling the same way Mintz did over Girard's decision during the play. He salvaged it with the free throws, but this was an example of Girard's bad point play that has been frustrating many of us for a generation.

The biggest problem, of course, was Mintz and his body language. ;)
To be fair Joe hasn’t made that pass in his previous 3 years either, usually a missed layup or getting stuffed was the result, I’m guessing the lack of size on the defense is how it was a foul instead of the normal result.

Define chemistry.
th

I rewatched the first half and all I saw was Joe passing the ball. Didn’t look selfish to me.
Joe was passing. Judah was overly pressed all game.

Joe avoided passing to him a few times later in the game, probably because he knew he’d shoot it no matter what.

That’s how I saw it.

Doesn’t mean it’s personal, it could just be “this guy is shooting way too much and stinking it up, I’m going elsewhere with it.” And Judah was a 2nd game freshman trying to make a splash and grew frustrated with the lid on the basket and started forcing things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom