Get blown out and drop to a 10 seed | Syracusefan.com

Get blown out and drop to a 10 seed

dinno28

Scout Team
As a 8/9 seed if we win we would have to play a 1 seed in the second round ... wouldn't we be better off on the 10 seed line going forward in the NCAA Tourney

the thought occured to me too. does anyone think boeheim cares that much about tonight?

As a 8/9 seed if we win we would have to play a 1 seed in the second round ... wouldn't we be better off on the 10 seed line going forward in the NCAA Tourney

hqdefault.jpg

Or another option (just throwing it out there): we could try to win the ACCT because this is sports and we're an historically great basketball program.

Yeah, this is a pretty good idea I guess.

true but we havent lost in the 1st round since 2006. they might as well just give us a bye to the 2nd round
Past performance does not mean poop in a one-and-done format. If this team has an off shooting night and Brisset tries to be the featured star we're going home against Baylor or whoever.

By the way, you can't count NIT years in this sample size. That's just cooking the books.

Or another option (just throwing it out there): we could try to win the ACCT because this is sports and we're an historically great basketball program.
I don't usually care about conference tournaments other than how they impact our NCAA seeding. But your "historically great" comment got to me this morning so...Why not? LGO!

happy-clap-gif.gif

With Battle out, i don't think a blow-out loss to Duke affects our seeding at all. But if we can make it competitive or win, it might improve it.

AT this time of year I think you just hope you're playing good basketball and, to a large degree, you sort of throw the seed out the window. I'd rather have had a good pre-conference record and then maybe win one of home vs. Ga Tech/at Clemson so we had a better seed. Ultimately, though, you are going to have to beat good basketball teams almost every time out -- even 1 or 2 seeds only get maybe one easy game most years.

Unless we were in the UVa bracket. ;)
(I know it can't happen until later due to being in the same conference.)

the thought occured to me too. does anyone think boeheim cares that much about tonight?
I don’t think he cared too much about last night, or about conf tourneys in general if not playing for something specific. Tons more downside than upside, usually...though we certainly could use the momentum swing from last night to show we know how to win.

I say we cover tonight and it's a close game. Not sure if we win, but anything is possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom